Stephen Stills Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer, According To Graham Nash

Jahfin

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...ing-graham-nash

Last night on Larry King Live, Graham Nash revealed that Stephen Stills, his bandmate in Crosby, Stills and Nash, has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. The revelation followed a discussion between King and Nash about the death of singer/songwriter Dan Fogelberg, who suffered from prostate cancer for three years before passing last Sunday. According to Nash, Stills – unlike Fogelberg – caught his at an early stage, and will be operated on January 3rd, which also happens to be Stills’ birthday.

Rolling Stone

As this RnR generation has been aging, these unsettling health issues are popping up just about daily....it's like Who's Next ?

Saddens me to realize this first generation of 60s rockers are getting into their 60s and beyond.....geez...I want to be young forever and not see my 'friends' get old and sick ... I can't believe time goes on like it does. I continue to live as much in a fantasy world of agelessness. It's only when THIS kind of stark reality hits..that I think of my mortality....

Dang Stephen....get thru this and become healthy again....it just hurts man...

My musical hero. :( I'm sure he'll seek out the newest treatments available. My Father went through this over 10 years ago, and the surgery was an absolute nightmare. Lots of advances have been made in the last decade. I wish you all the best "Captain Many Hands".

Cancer is as cancer does,kinda sounds a little Forrest Gump-like eh?

I've experienced a bout of the "lung type" and it doesn't discriminate.

There is no fast cure,there is no slow cure and there is NO cure...yet.

Pray and pray some more and then have some more people pray for ya.

It ain't science but EVERYTHING helps!!!...Let me tell ya'll :D

Don't worry be happy...Positive thoughts are without a doubt, a major FACTOR!!!

Prayers, blessings, and bountiful healing for Stephen Stills.

Because of CSNY:

I first learned about the concept of Déjà vu.

My friend and I adopted "Pre-road Downs" as one of our theme songs during our Zep years and we sang it until we were threatened with expulsion.

When we were young and idealistic, love of life and I rode the Marrakesh Express on our first trip to Morrocco. The train from Casablanca going south was just as described in the song. I still remember how we stumbled, fried, onto the platform at five in the morning.

My consciousness was raised and I was inspired through your music. I never forgot those lessons.

Thank you and be well.

I am so sad about this, but am remaining positive. I love the posts in this thread. Musicians and the music that they make can become so much a part of our lives that we feel it so personally when things like this happen. It's comforting to know there are so many people out there thinking of Stephen.

Archived