Robert Plant interviewed on BBC Breakfast

truth and beauty

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29142652

Robert appeared on BBC Breakfast to promote the new album. And once again he seems to have said something casually insulting, and totally ludicrous, about his former bandmates.

Listen from 1'48" .

We're told that Page and Jones "liked to play in E" - fair enough so far - but "now I'm with people who can change key. There's a little bar that you can put across the guitar" .

Yes I know, he's being facetious and "lighthearted" again... except that he's on live TV with a mainstream audience, and any quirky sense of humour would go right over their heads. All the average viewer would hear is the startling suggestion that two incredibly proficient guitarists could only play in E.

He never ceases to amaze.

I'm sure both Jones and Page would shake their heads and laugh at the comment, despite the veiled insult. Whether they "liked" to play in E is besides the point. I'm sure either of them could play in Q or Klingon if they wanted.

Plant's humor in this instance is a little off, and it's just his way in which he likes to give the I've-moved-on answer to any Zep question.

robert mentions his granddaughter and i think this is a video of her from last year. i'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere here before. but he talks of how talented she is and you can see it in this video.

Thanks for link, I think Robert wasn't exaggerating, she's great.

Archived