Available at Newstands (Nearly) Everywhere

SteveAJones

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-Order Now / Available Next Month -

LZFAQ.jpg

In this exhaustive and insightful reference text, rock writer and cultural critic George Case details the key names, dates, figures, and features of one of the biggest and most mythologized rock-and-roll groups of all time: Led Zeppelin. Here, finally, are the answers to the puzzles that have haunted fans for over four decades - puzzles such as the meaning of Led Zep's enigmatic album covers; the truth about leader Jimmy Page's involvement with the occult; a breakdown of the sometimes murky roots of their greatest songs; firm data on their musical instruments, live performances, and studio productions; and sordid specifics of the band's infamously debauched private lives. But here, too, is a deeply reflective analysis of why Led Zeppelin's music has endured as long as it has, and of how Led Zeppelin's mystique has only grown in the years since their official disbanding. Placing the group in the context of their time and place, Case scrupulously compares and contrasts their achievements with those of their influences, rivals, and followers. Led Zeppelin FAQ is not only an indispensable listener's companion to a classic rock act, but a considered history of rock and roll as a business, an art form, and a worldwide social phenomenon.

http://www.amazon.co...ntt_at_ep_dpt_3

More about the author:

http://www.facebook....9873796?sk=wall

Edited by SteveAJones

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know that today is the official release date of my Led Zeppelin FAQ: All That's Left to Know About the Greatest Hard Rock Band of All Time (readers in the UK will have to wait another month). The book has a nice Foreword by Danny Goldberg; in-depth analyses of the plagiarism, back-masking, and Satanism rumors; detailed overviews of the album covers; recollections from Joe Petagno (who illustrated the Swan Song logo); lots of other insights and even a few (I hope) exclusives. I've also acknowledged the info and discussions to be found here at lz.com. LZ FAQ should be in stores this week. Hope readers can get a chance to check it out. Comments and critiques will be welcomed.

Anyway, enjoy.

Just to let everyone know that today is the official release date of my Led Zeppelin FAQ: All That's Left to Know About the Greatest Hard Rock Band of All Time (readers in the UK will have to wait another month). The book has a nice Foreword by Danny Goldberg; in-depth analyses of the plagiarism, back-masking, and Satanism rumors; detailed overviews of the album covers; recollections from Joe Petagno (who illustrated the Swan Song logo); lots of other insights and even a few (I hope) exclusives. I've also acknowledged the info and discussions to be found here at lz.com. LZ FAQ should be in stores this week. Hope readers can get a chance to check it out. Comments and critiques will be welcomed.

Anyway, enjoy.

Looking forward to having a look.

I noticed you've done The Doors and Jimmy Page too.

Any chance of doing one on Neil Young?

I did write Page's unauthorized bio, Magus Musician Man a few years ago, but I didn't write about The Doors. My publisher is producing a whole series of FAQ books, including one on Neil Young, although that hasn't come out yet.

http://www.halleonard.com/search/search.do?subsiteid=1&keywords=faq

Anyway, enjoy.

I enjoyed your book on Page and I look forward to this one too. Best of luck, George!

And nice score getting Danny Goldberg to write the forward!...

Anyway, enjoy.

I'm looking forward to getting a copy - thank-you

Great article by Robert:-) Enjoy!!

http://www.gq.com/en...=social_retweet

Great article Debbie. Thanks so much for sharing. Robert was very welcoming and sharing his opinions, different perspectives, was quite open and is still looking for ways to challenge himself in his musical endeavors. I can't respect the man enough! :thumbsup: