Theatre

eagle87

Im about to start theatre again... I've already done two year of theatre before, and now i come back. This one is gonna be in English (the first one around here).

So... any one like it? or done it? or would like to do it?

Just heard a thing on npr, with an american author rewriting -shakespeare. the writer's last name is -moore, its done with a modern comedic spin and is apparently very good, from the listeners calling in and chiming in on the radio show.

Just heard a thing on npr, with an american author rewriting -shakespeare. the writer's last name is -moore, its done with a modern comedic spin and is apparently very good, from the listeners calling in and chiming in on the radio show.

I don't remember his name either but I've heard of him doing that.

I don't remember his name either but I've heard of him doing that.

Apparently its very good...they just talked about the book and had a few references of the new book and past ones. they had folks calling in from all around the -us raving about them though, teachers and just fans.

My degree is in theatre - and I've worked in a national-tour roadhouse for 31 years (in addition to working a full-time day job). Nothing like live theatre - the best of all worlds!!

My degree is in theatre - and I've worked in a national-tour roadhouse for 31 years (in addition to working a full-time day job). Nothing like live theatre - the best of all worlds!!

That's very cool - do you do plays or musicals or both?

That's very cool - do you do plays or musicals or both?

It's a professional theatre - right now we have the national tour of A Chorus Line. We tend to book mostly musicals (because, let's face it - they sell better!) but we've had our share of plays.

The last show we had was the pre-Broadway production of West Side Story - opening shortly in New York. A wonderful revival, with a few kinks that I think they've worked out so we're hoping for good reviews when it officially opens next week!

It's a professional theatre - right now we have the national tour of A Chorus Line. We tend to book mostly musicals (because, let's face it - they sell better!) but we've had our share of plays.

The last show we had was the pre-Broadway production of West Side Story - opening shortly in New York. A wonderful revival, with a few kinks that I think they've worked out so we're hoping for good reviews when it officially opens next week!

Oh that's great! West Side Story is a classic.

Im about to start theatre again... I've already done two year of theatre before, and now i come back. This one is gonna be in English (the first one around here).

So... any one like it? or done it? or would like to do it?

I work in theatre as a musical director and sometimes composer.

It's definately one hell of an industry to be involved in...

I highly recommend going to the Spoleto USA Festival in Charleston if at all possible. Every year around Memorial Day, it's two weeks of everything and anything involving the arts. I've been several times, although not in a few years, and had the most marvelous times!! And fell in love with the city of Charleston...

http://www.spoletousa.org/2009.php

There is also a local festival run at the same time, Piccolo Spoleto, which is the perfect accompaniment to "Big Spoleto". The website I found, http://piccolospoleto.com/home/default.aspx , still seems to have last year's info, but hopefully they will post this year's shortly.

Go if you can - it's a great time!!

I'll bet it's cool as grits to be on a stage performing for an audience.I think stage fright would get the best of me though.Man, I hated performing in piano recitals as a kid.Nervous as hell.

I believe I would have to work behind the scenes in theatre.

I'll bet it's cool as grits to be on a stage performing for an audience.I think stage fright would get the best of me though.Man, I hated performing in piano recitals as a kid.Nervous as hell.

I believe I would have to work behind the scenes in theatre.

No denying it's nervewracking to be up on stage but it's also a lot of fun and I think the more you perform, the easier it gets to a certain extent.

Last year I went to see 'Of Mice And Men' at our local high school. It was as well played as all the films I've seen of it. The actor who played Lenny brought many a tear and sniffles to the audience after he had killed the pup.

Oh that's great! West Side Story is a classic.

It sure is. Whenever I see it though, I just wonder what could have been for Natalie Wood. Tragic end to her life way too soon. The only play I've seen in recent years was "A Christmas Carol" at the local Geva Theatre in Rochester, NY. It included an old English setting with the dinner and all. I know I saw "Treasure Island" when I was a kid. One of the brat kids I went with found it more amuzing to hit one of the actors in the rear end with his pea shooter.

No denying it's nervewracking to be up on stage but it's also a lot of fun and I think the more you perform, the easier it gets to a certain extent.

I have to agree with Gelnda Jackson though, about acting she said:

You'd think it's something one would grow out of. But you grow into it. The more you do, the more you realize how painfully easy it is to be lousy and how very difficult to be good.

She also said about her Oscars:

My mother polishes them to within an inch of their lives until the metal shows. That sums up the Academy Awards - all glitter on the outside and base metal coming through. Nice presents for a day. But they don't make you any better.

I used to be in theater for school. When I got to the high school I go to now from the junior high, I got in many confrontations with the director of the musicals (I don't like them) and the theater when I was a sophomore. But I now have a great senior prank that I am going to do to him to get back at him. :P:D:lol:B)

I used to be in theater for school. When I got to the high school I go to now from the junior high, I got in many confrontations with the director of the musicals (I don't like them) and the theater when I was a sophomore. But I now have a great senior prank that I am going to do to him to get back at him. :P:D:lol:B)

Well there's a team player for you... :rolleyes:

I have to agree with Gelnda Jackson though, about acting she said:

You'd think it's something one would grow out of. But you grow into it. The more you do, the more you realize how painfully easy it is to be lousy and how very difficult to be good.

A story I heard about Sarah Bernhardt.....There was a young actress in her group that told her that she never had stage fright and Burnhardt told her: 'Don't worry my dear, when you have talent, you will have stage fright!'

B)

Archived