The Song Remains The Same?

Heartbreaker_Girl

That would make sense--

but it's not the same as the previous suggestion of Why can't we all be so ADD, which doesn't.

What baffles me, though, is the inability (not yours, ldw) to see why the version with the typo is meaningless, but as I'm obviously the only one who has a problem with it I'll shut up about it.

Well, firstly, I don't think it makes sense to want to have ADD. I reckon she was simply trying to say, 'Why do we always change the subject?'. If that is the case, the question isn't meaningless - it's valid enough, even if poorly constructed. If it isn't the case, then it's a poorly constructed sentence that is completely lost on me.

However, I don't think it's particurly wise on her part to imply that, once the topic changes, we have ADD. It's not something people can help having.

Well, firstly, I don't think it makes sense to want to have ADD. I reckon she was simply trying to say, 'Why do we always change the subject?'. If that is the case, the question isn't meaningless - it's valid enough, even if poorly constructed. If it isn't the case, then it's a poorly constructed sentence that is completely lost on me.

However, I don't think it's particurly wise on her part to imply that, once the topic changes, we have ADD. It's not something people can help having.

That's my point!! That's my point!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

It's not what she was saying, but the way it was expressed!!

:yay:

That would make sense--

but it's not the same as the previous suggestion of Why can't we all be so ADD, which doesn't.

but as I'm obviously the only one who has a problem with it I'll shut up about it.

No, you are not the only one, (I too was dazed and confused)

... meaning was configured along the way by....tks to all...

:D :D

and I am sure the Young Fan had no intention of this.... :D :D :D

No, you are not the only one, (I too was dazed and confused)

... meaning was configured along the way by....tks to all...

:D :D

and I am sure the Young Fan had no intention of this.... :D :D :D

No, and I don't want to seem to be going after her, it's just that I have enough trouble making myself understood here, now I'm having trouble understanding other people. :lol:

No, and I don't want to seem to be going after her, it's just that I have enough trouble making myself understood here, now I'm having trouble understanding other people. :lol:

I absolutely understand how you feel. I'm currently doing an English Literature degree (that is also identical to the English Language course offered at my Uni, save one module), and bad grammar and punctuation drive me up the wall.

I don't want to seem like I'm ganging up on the young 'uns here, but some of the older members on here (and myself) can sometimes feel a little out the loop with the language.

Okay, can we talk about the movie?? We have been through, TSRTS, Jimmy's Diet, the french fries, ADD, and grammar. Movie Time!

:flying:

Novel idea! I remember the first time I saw the movie - I had someone make a copy for me on tape and it was my first introduction to what they were like live as I never got to experience that first hand. I think I sat there like this :o the whole time :D

Once a friend watched TSRTS with me, when Jimmy's part came, she asked:"what's that with the laser sword? Is he a fan of Star Wars?"

I blinked for a few times and then:"Don't be silly. This came out earlier than Star Wars!"

Novel idea! I remember the first time I saw the movie - I had someone make a copy for me on tape and it was my first introduction to what they were like live as I never got to experience that first hand. I think I sat there like this :o the whole time :D

I remember watching TSRTS with a friend - she fell asleep. Halfway through Dazed and Confused I saw her snoring her tot off. To be fair she was Robert gal, and we all know that Jimmy absolutely hogs D+C (not that I'm complaining).

I was pretty much in awe of it. I remember not really caring too much for the fantasy sequences - save Jimmy's - but I somehow managed to overlook that :D

I don't watch it that much now, but when I do, I'm still transported to that very first time. I just still can't believe she fell asleep - some friend she was :D

I remember watching TSRTS with a friend - she fell asleep. Halfway through Dazed and Confused I saw her snoring her tot off. To be fair she was Robert gal, and we all know that Jimmy absolutely hogs D+C (not that I'm complaining).

Talk about Dazed and Confused, I love the "San Francisco" part.

I was pretty much in awe of it. I remember not really caring too much for the fantasy sequences - save Jimmy's - but I somehow managed to overlook that :D

I don't watch it that much now, but when I do, I'm still transported to that very first time. I just still can't believe she fell asleep - some friend she was :D

I don't watch it often either but I know what you mean about being transported back when you do. I actually don't mind the fantasy sequences. It was part of where they were at the time and I can't imagine the movie without them.

Glicine - I love that part of Dazed and Confused :)

Talk about Dazed and Confused, I love the "San Francisco" part.

Snap! I loved the way Jimmy made that bendy sound on his guitar (sorry, not clued up with the technical term) during that part.

I don't watch it often either but I know what you mean about being transported back when you do. I actually don't mind the fantasy sequences. It was part of where they were at the time and I can't imagine the movie without them.

I was about 15, and it was all about Jimmy, so I kind of grew impatient during those parts :D Still, when I do watch it - fantasy sequences, et all - it's always with the fondest of memories.

Well said, the fantasy sequences were an attempt to express something which actually had its meaning and was important to them, it may look a bit silly today due to the movie effect from 30 years ago, but no doubt the significance is there.

Snap! I loved the way Jimmy made that bendy sound on his guitar (sorry, not clued up with the technical term) during that part.

I know what you mean though. :D

I was like:"Man! Was he close to finger tapping!"

Well said, the fantasy sequences were an attempt to express something which actually had its meaning and was important to them, it may look a bit silly today due to the movie effect from 30 years ago, but no doubt the significance is there.

That's it - as Robert said later on in an interview, it captured a moment in time.

Movie Time!

:flying:

HBG, .....Each time I watch this movie, I am reminded of the simpler times, the music, the imagination ....they tried to "visualize" their poetry, depth of their inner creativity... (and of course, I love Jimmy climbing up the Mountain, it will always forever haunt me....

I am glad to see you appreciating this movie, all over again, new generation, new times, ....more the things change, more they stay same, I think this is true...

...on the right track :D :D :D

No, it's simpler than that, nine--

The point, ms Zeppelin94, is that WHY JUST WE ALL BE SO ADD? does NOT MAKE SENSE as an English sentence!!!!!!!!!! Maybe it does in some other language with which I am not familiar, but not English!!!!!!!

TYPO TYPO TYPO!!!!!!!!!!! I just went back and read my post!!!

I've been so out of it lately :slapface:

:wall::wall::wall:

I ment "Why must we all be so ADD?" meaning "Why can't we keep on one certain subject for any length of time?"

Ok - everybody tell me how stupid I am & get it over with

....He simply means that all the "posters" in this thread have derailed the thread from it's original purpose of SRTS topic....so far, Jimmy's diet, veg's, fries, etc., confusion as of now (ADD?), have been covered...? I would think he is stating that the Posters are "inflicted" with Attention Deficit Disorder (as they lack attention....) why we are all ADD means that we all have Attention Deficit Disorder when it comes to derailing the threads, here, and in genreal?.........

(I felt compelled to answer this, as I contributed to this thread, but rather late...)

Thanks for trying to save me, Planet Page :D

TYPO TYPO TYPO!!!!!!!!!!! I just went back and read my post!!!

I've been so out of it lately :slapface:

:wall::wall::wall:

I ment "Why must we all be so ADD?" meaning "Why can't we keep on one certain subject for any length of time?"

Ok - everybody tell me how stupid I am & get it over with

You're not stupid - we were just trying to figure it out but the mystery is solved :)

Grammar crisis averted. :D

I wasn't suggesting for a minute that you were stupid, I was just pointing out that I couldn't understand the sentence--however, with assistance from my fellow members, it's now clear and the discussion is back to the movie. I think--I was so exhausted by wrestling with the grammar I went and had a lie down. :zzz:

(J/k)

Archived