Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

10,796 posts in this topic

Yesterday afternoon my daughter came over and said, "mom, did you see all the cop cars in front?"

No, I was half asleep. So she said there's a ton of cops and crime scene tape all over the front.

So, I put on clothes..and went out and a ton of people were in our lobby. I asked what was going on and they said someone jumped off the 7th floor balcony and killed himself. (!!!)

I looked out our front lobby window, yellow tape all over, and there right in front was the poor guys body. Man, it freaked me out. One of the cops who appeared to be in charge was taking photo's and OMG. The guy from what I heard landed on his feet, and I saw his leg as they were taking pics, and it was like a bag of crumpled bones. I still can't shake that image of a body lying there. He landed on the lawn.

I get shivers every time I think of it.

I have never seen someone do that. We've had plenty of people kill themselves off huge buildings and hotels downtown, but never off an apartment balcony.

What a creepy feeling. And even though I did not know him, guilt sets in, thinking, if only I'd befriended him or something. One of the other single guy's in our building tried to make friends with him, and apparently he had left a note under his door saying " thanks for trying to be my friend."

Gawd, life can be gone in a split second.

So, so sad.

....always has, creation has to end in every way....happiness, sadness, confusion, seasons, etc....

some people believe that when it's your time, darkness surrounds your soul and death is powerful beyond words........nothing/no one can escape from that circle....sometimes it appears that someone has "survived", a miracle, but they were indeed faraway from death....

...and feelings of guilt that arise in us at time of death, really is to practice and value humanity of humans to the best of our ability.... :D

Yesterday afternoon my daughter came over and said, "mom, did you see all the cop cars in front?"

No, I was half asleep. So she said there's a ton of cops and crime scene tape all over the front.

So, I put on clothes..and went out and a ton of people were in our lobby. I asked what was going on and they said someone jumped off the 7th floor balcony and killed himself. (!!!)

I looked out our front lobby window, yellow tape all over, and there right in front was the poor guys body. Man, it freaked me out. One of the cops who appeared to be in charge was taking photo's and OMG. The guy from what I heard landed on his feet, and I saw his leg as they were taking pics, and it was like a bag of crumpled bones. I still can't shake that image of a body lying there. He landed on the lawn.

I have never seen someone do that. We've had plenty of people kill themselves off huge buildings and hotels downtown, but never off an apartment balcony.

What a creepy feeling. And even though I did not know him, guilt sets in, thinking, if only I'd befriended him or something. One of the other single guy's in our building tried to make friends with him, and apparently he had left a note under his door saying " thanks for trying to be my friend."

So, so sad.

:blink:

errr… is this the random thread?

wow.

shorter than usual, haha.

anywhoo.

i figured i owed this place a visit.

maybe?

haha.

so hey.

been a long while :blink:

Okay. Let me get one thing straight. I am not who you think I am. I am a man, yes. But not like that. More like him. Yes. Him. That one. Right there. You know who I am talking about. Everyone does. It's the person out there. Every night. Busting his ass. For you. And me for that matter. It's interesting how that works. From 9-5 all through the eve. Yes. That's the ticket. Put it on the board. Yes!

We have an open position at work for the first time in two years. We had over 400 applicants for a skilled trade position, and it wasn't even posted publicly. Of all the things I do at my job nothing humbles me more than the hiring process. In this economy, and especially in Michigan, you are deciding a family's fate.

I told my Boss that the fairest thing to do at this point is to pull about 50 out of a hat before we even start. :blink:

should start up an excercise program for myself again

The Upper Body/Lower Body Workout, alternating at the Gym I hope, NOT THE ONE, mentioned in this post, the FULL BODY WORKOUT, :lol: :lol:

Ok, ok, it was a little weird, but I just had to tell someone, someone jumped.

And, I selfishly started a new random. Hey, if Del isn't going to show his mug anymore I thought, no biggy.

Now it's been a week or so, and there was a meeting in our building with grief counselors for those who were upset.

I was talking to some different people I know, who are therapists, and though it's never funny, humor just happens even in darkness. One of my neighbors who I said to,"heck I've thought of doing that, replied..."what, jump off your porch?" :hysterical: I'm on the ground floor.

Random....I'm searching for the most comfortable running shoes.

Not that I'm going to run mind you.

Random....I'm searching for the most comfortable running shoes.

Not that I'm going to run mind you.

I went shopping with my Mom & one of her friends yesterday. I hate shoe-shopping. I also hate standing in Victorias Secret for 2 hours. Luckily, there was a pre-teen-aged guy in there that was getting drug around by his mom, too. And he had on a 75 Tour Zeppelin shirt.

Maybe you can wear your running shoes when you go shoe shopping for something that you know is going to make your feet misrible. :D

Yes! Thank god it's back - you know I love being random.

^ I hate shoe shopping, too. I love getting new shoes, but I hate trying them on and getting mad at the salesperson while they're getting mad at me for trying on 5 different sizes, etc. etc. Ugh, and there's just nothing fun about Victoria's Secret. Besides laughing at the bras with Christmas lights attached to the straps, that is.

My car blew a head gasket last night. I have no idea why. I wasn't driving weird or anything, and there's no sign of what made it overheat on the car. Piece of crap. Now I really need a job, except I can't drive myself to it now, lol.

I was thinking that if we could set up energy stations on the moon and mars and some how shoot that energy back hear to earth via a Tesla coil. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdnTMtkVNzg) watch the video

another random thought

why not put Buzz Aldrin as head of NASA? Team him up with John Glen and an array of heroes.

Anyone up for bringing happiness to the American and the world? :)

http://obamanasa.uservoice.com/pages/gener...225-buzz-aldrin

I was thinking that if we could set up energy stations on the moon and mars and some how shoot that energy back hear to earth via a Tesla coil. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdnTMtkVNzg) watch the video

another random thought

why not put Buzz Aldrin as head of NASA? Team him up with John Glen and an array of heroes.

Anyone up for bringing happiness to the American and the world? :)

http://obamanasa.uservoice.com/pages/gener...225-buzz-aldrin

That's why I joined Greenpeace :D

Bono can save us all!!!!

So, so sad.

Sorry you had to go through that. How sad the guy couldn't find another way out. That's the thing about dealing with difficult times - realizing the options you have and going from there. Years ago a guy was hanging on the outside of a balcony in my old building, but the police got in to the apartment below him and managed to pull him down. Sometimes it's the options that other people act on that can make a huge difference.

Nice that you got a chance to go to the grief meetings and could laugh about some things.

Custard Pie will be playing the following dates.

April, 4 2009 08:00 PM - Cahootenany's

, Johnson City, Tennessee - 10

April, 18 2009 10:00 PM - The Grey Eagle

, ASHEVILLE, 28801 - 10

May, 25 2009 08:00 PM - Jack of the Wood

, ASHEVILLE, 28801 - 10

I will more than likely be at two of them.

Cheers///

PS Hope to see you there! If you plan going give me a yell :)

Edited by Mary Hartman

Why do some women pencil in their eyebrows? Some friends and i are meeting women like this all the time when we are out. It's actually distracting. I find myself staring at their eyebrows. What's wrong with natural eyebrows?? As long as they are not too bushy.

Also we are meeting some women that do not dress according to their size. I met a sort of cute girl a couple days ago when we were out . She had a pretty cute face but when i saw her from behind you could tell she had herself strapped in if you know what i mean. I guess she was trying to hide any extra pounds she didn't like. You could tell if she takes her clothes of everything will be flying in all directions. Is it insecurity about weight or just bad fashion sense?

Am i the only one who can't stand Barbara Walters??? I think it's time for her to pack it in. Her ego is unmatched and she is just so out of date with the times. She is just like this self obsessd , grumpy old grandma on the show.

I am wondering why the public likes JUlia Roberts so much. Her last movie tanked so maybe she won't be offered as much but why do people like her so much??? She can't act. She just plays her self in movies. And when she is not promoting herself she does noit even come across as that nice a person.

Just stuff i have been thinking and wondering about.

Is that called a corset or a girdle? :lol:

:lol::lol:

Man she was packed in tight. I feel sorry for the dude that hooks up with her because he is being mislead. And he is going to be disappointed. From the front she looked nice and curvy but from behind you tell what was really going on. She and some of the other women i have seen should just dress according to their size for whatever reason they are dressing like that. It's good i found out right away.

That would be like a dude trying to pretend he is taller than he really is by wearing lifts or if he wore something to try and hide his gut. Something like that. It's misleading.

On a totally different subject. My favorite sushi place was closed down for a few days by the health inspectors. :o:o It's open again but for the first time i am hesitating in going there. :(:(

:lol::lol:

Man she was packed in tight. I feel sorry for the dude that hooks up with her because he is being mislead. And he is going to be disappointed. From the front she looked nice and curvy but from behind you tell what was really going on. She and some of the other women i have seen should just dress according to their size for whatever reason they are dressing like that. It's good i found out right away.

That would be like a dude trying to pretend he is taller than he really is by wearing lifts or if he wore something to try and hide his gut. Something like that. It's misleading.

On a totally different subject. My favorite sushi place was closed down for a few days by the health inspectors. :o:o It's open again but for the first time i am hesitating in going there. :(:(

Oh, come on. It hasn't killed you yet, has it? Anything unhealthy that has been going on in there is obviously something you have been eating for quite some time. why stop now?

Uh, I know it's kind of late, but I just wanted to say that I hadn't read your first post, Hotplant, before I posted mine, so I didn't mean to sound all excited about the return of the thread right then when you had something so terrible happen. I'm sorry you had to experience that. :(

Just make sure you roll the fish around on your tongue a bit before you swallow to make sure there are no rat droppings inside ;)

Just make sure you roll the fish around on your tongue a bit before you swallow to make sure there are no rat droppings inside ;)

Shhhh, we told him those were raisins <_<

Oh, come on. It hasn't killed you yet, has it? Anything unhealthy that has been going on in there is obviously something you have been eating for quite some time. why stop now?

Well there was a big line up there last night so it does not look like anyone else is letting it bother them. I hope i hadn't been eating rat crap or anything. :o

Do you mean that girl who was hiding her extra pounds or the sushi?? :lol::lol::lol:

Good to see you are healthy again Doc. :D