Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

11,321 posts in this topic

I don't have an iphone so I'm not sure if this would work, but what about downloading the youtube video first? I use RealPlayer. Not sure if iphone allows that app, or whether there is an equivalent, but if there is, then at least you have the video and can transfer it or convert it to another format. Maybe? That's the best I've got at the moment...hope you figure it out, D

Alas they have already removed the video from youtube.

I use this software for converting most any format, the easiest software I've come across yet!

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm

Oh and it's free! :D

Alas they have already removed the video from youtube.

I use this software for converting most any format, the easiest software I've come across yet!

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm

Oh and it's free! :D

Oh rats I hate it when they do that (before I get a chance to get my hands on a video B) )

Thanks for the link. If it's just a small file, I like using this one for conversions. You can do it right on the site:

http://media-convert.com/convert/

(also free :D)

Hope you're healing well, D. Sending good vibes and a :beer:

I just ran a half mile. That doesn't sound like much but I've never been able to run taht far in my entire life. I am the healthiest I ever have been, and I'm so proud of myself. I've lost 21 pounds (next weigh in is on Tuesday). I strongly encourage anyone who wants to get in shape to start. I feel fantastic.

I just ran a half mile. That doesn't sound like much but I've never been able to run taht far in my entire life. I am the healthiest I ever have been, and I'm so proud of myself. I've lost 21 pounds (next weigh in is on Tuesday). I strongly encourage anyone who wants to get in shape to start. I feel fantastic.

Congratulations!!! It's the hardest thing to do, change your entire lifestyle, but you're doing it - good for you!!

I've lost a few pounds since January and I feel so much better now - and I can fit more comfortably into my clothes. Always a plus!

Keep at it - and again, congrats!!!

Congratulations!!! That's an awesome achievement. It's very admirable that you've made a commitment to lose weight and get in shape :D Keep up the good work :cheer:

I've been going on long hikes every chance I get. I think it was the Pizzas through the winter. Oh well, no life saver needed for a swim eh?

Good work LZFAN

Edited by Mary Hartman

I love green tea with honey. Hot or cold. But I got the green tea latte at Starbucks and did not like it. First time I ever got something there I didn't like. Love the Vanilla Latte's with Expresso.

Try the iced green tea at Panera Bread; it's wonderful! :)

That's awesome!! :)

Keep up the good work. I remember when I was young and invigorated, best feeling in the world.

Enjoy it to the max for as long as you can. :D Oh and dancing is great as well :banana:

Yes I have. And it is. You are right. Only thing is, its about $4 a glass. In the summer Im sure Ill get some. Panera bread is a very good place. I usually get the 1/2 and 1/2. Panini with french onion soup/

You're right, they are expensive. But that tea is the best thing for a cold/sore throat; actually the tea with their chicken noodle soup :)

I want to travel somewhere so badly. I especially want to go to Europe. The problem is there's no one to go with. My friends and family fall into one of these categories:

A: can't take the time off

B: have already been and/or have no desire

C: don't know the meaning of the word "save."

I rather not wait for anyone to go with me, but the thought of traveling to a foreign country alone scares the shit out of me. :(

I want to travel somewhere so badly. I especially want to go to Europe. The problem is there's no one to go with. My friends and family fall into one of these categories:

I rather not wait for anyone to go with me, but the thought of traveling to a foreign country alone scares the shit out of me. :(

What about going with a tour group? I know people who have done that and had a wonderful experience.

I'm having problems with swelling. Any experts on hydraulics?

Hi Zepulon,

I travel by myself all the time, for business and for pleasure.

The first time I went by myself was on a cruise! My husband couldn't go at the last minute, and I wanted to go, so I went! I was a little apprehensive at first, but I wasn't afraid. As I was waiting at the airport to go to the cruise ship, I saw another woman about my age, waiting to go to the ship, so I just started talking to her. She was from San Francisco and was by herself also! She had taken many cruises on this cruise line before, as had I, and she had friends on the ship. She introduced me to others who work on the ship as well as other passengers she knew. Since then we have taken many cruises together and are lifelong friends.

I just came back from a weekend in Ft. Lauderdale. I went by myself, but I met my other Optometrist friends there. I am going to NYC this weekend to meet some other Optometrist friends, one who was also at Ft. Lauderdale.

My husband is a work-a-holic and I have decided that if he won't go with me, then I will go by myself. It is so empowering.

On our tour of Ireland last summer, there was a lady who was by herself. She hung out with my husband and myself, as well as two other women on the tour. We looked out for her, LOL. A tour would be a great way to go to Europe by yourself. You have a tour guide that stays with you the entire time and you become good friends with the other people on the tour. I still e-mail the people I met on our tour. You may be able to take future tours with the people you meet since you share the love of travel with them.

If you are an experienced traveler and can handle the logistics of airports, taxis, etc., then you should definitely go by your self.

I wish I had access to a Star Trek Holodeck.

Thanks for all the warm wishes everyone! It's great to know even more people are behind. I did say that the next weigh in would be today, and as of this morning I have lost 23 pounds!

Edited to say that my car also had a flat tire this morning, but it has been fixed.

Edited by lzfan715

You like my new sig? I knew I had a peace sign somewhere. Reminds me of elections :)

Thanks for all the warm wishes everyone! It's great to know even more people are behind. I did say that the next weigh in would be today, and as of this morning I have lost 23 pounds!

Edited to say that my car also had a flat tire this morning, but it has been fixed.

Congratulations; that's wonderful! :)

Juar what we need, more election talk. I thought the donkey fit you better. :thumbdown:

1. What's Juar mean.

2. Your in the wrong thread again. The PMS thread is in the health section.

Where's my porcelain doll collection...here girlfriend...

Edited by Mary Hartman

RIP Sable Starr

May your family and friends have only warm memories of you :)

Congratulations; that's wonderful! :)

Thank you so much. :D

i was smoking a cigarette out my front door today and saw my neighbors dog walking along, went out there with a dog leash and when i got close to it, basically scared the little pup back home. thats when a neighbor came up and said she would take the dog home.

definately better than holding a dog by its leash and calling the police and animal control.

What kind of dumbass who hates writing and doesn't want to teach becomes an English major? Me, apparently. :wall:

As I sat at my desk at 4:30 this morning with no fucking clue what to write on my paper, I realized that this is approximately the 54th time I've been in this situation since I started at this university, but it could very well be higher than that. And what do I have to show for it? Absolutely fucking nothing, because I am an English major and will be living in a box after I graduate! Hell, I had to bring up the calculator to tell me what 18 papers a year times 3 years was; that's how useful my major is.