Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

11,434 posts in this topic

This was a quote from the co-chair of Trump's New York campaign:

image.jpeg

Christmas eve tomorrow. It will be a great day for us. Much like Christmas day itself, With family members coming. Hope i get something good.

So apparently we are going to enter into a nuclear arms race....

Merry Christmas everyone! 

:peace: 

On 12/22/2016 at 3:26 AM, reswati said:

So a person who never raised a child promotes sterilization of other people who could possibly raise a problem child.....lol......I call such ''logic'' plain and simply living in a fantasy bubble. Just like your IQ test thingy. Imagine you meet the woman of your dreams...one that makes you hot as hot can be. Of course she wants a little baby Kipper to make the scenario complete. Being a good citizen you take the IQ test before you jump her (and of course you have to wait for two weeks before you get a reply back, since your letter got lost in the mail and then ended up on a desk of some guy who was too lazy/busy to check out your test straight away). The test comes out negative, so instead of finally having sex, the castration commando's are knocking at your door. Highly unlikely that you will willingly hand over your penis to their butchers imo.

Anyway.......you still haven't answered my question as to who may decide who ''stupid loser people'' are.

I would say that it is pretty easy to tell a stupid lose is somebody who created a child they arent willing or able to care for is stupid.

On 12/22/2016 at 4:59 AM, Walter said:

You obviously have an issue with comprehension.  Where did I ever say I didn't like Mormons?  I shared a personal story of a good friend in high school who's family was Mormon, and you twist it into something the polar opposite.  When I say I'm glad you have had a good experience with a particular group of people or person, in another case, you don't always have to be so defensive.  I'm just telling you I'm glad for you.  The world is a better place when you have good relations with your neighbors or find a friend, on some random rock group website forum - even when it's not your favorite rock group.

So your uncle used discriminatory practices in his business?  Did he seriously ask his applicants what their religious practices and beliefs were and then used that as a basis for employment?  Interesting.

Sounds like you have issues with Hispanic people, based on a number of previous posts.  A buddy of mine works in construction currently and says the Mexican workers work circles around the other laborers.  Too bad your uncle never had that experience up in Idaho. 

Alot here to respond to Walter but I will do my best.  No Led Zeppeln isnt my favorite rock and roll group but I didnt think that was a requirement. My favorite rock and roll group is probably Crosby Still and Nash but that is just my thing about really liking songwriters who write thier own music and perform it. I also really admire Pete Townshend of the Who for writing great songs that most people could never think of. Led Zeppelin is a great cover band in many ways and they are exciting but they wrote some great things to. I like all kinds of music but mostly before the 1980s. I find it weird that you are bringing up my tastes in music over this topic. Also why are you bringing up the friend thing again and again walter? Why is that such a big problem for you or why does it need to be mentioned again? Apanther is not like a freind I know personally, he is just a friendly person. I think you should get over yourself a little on some of these grudges walter. you hate Steve Jones and you hate Apanther and they are both bigger led Zeppelin fans than me. You need to decide what is you position on who is a forum member. Huge fans or just guys who you have to like and be friends with?  I sense much fear you Walter.

Mormons are great people and great workers and why my uncle hired so many of them. Mormons are also very loyal. WHen my uncle broke his back later in life some of those Mormon kids who used to work for him would come and see him and offer any help they could. My uncle isnt mormon but they never forgot how he helped them out when they were starting out. One of them owns a multimillion dollar trucking and equiptement company now. 

I dont have anything against anyone walter and not hispanic people. There are not a lot of Mexicans in Idaho anyway and any that are illegals would not get a job at any rate anyway. My uncle always followed the laws and besides, anyone who breaks one law will break another law and illegal workers dont do good work anyway from every contractor I have known. They work really cheap but dont do good work. If you have ever been to Mexico and seen how stuff is built you would undersatand what I am talking about. But no walter dont take what I said about being against hispanic people. Cuban people are hispanic and I love the cuban people and their culture. If you live in florida you should know Cuban people and they are great hispanic people. But Cubans are very different then Mexican people anyway.

Still seems to me like there is something about Mormon people you dont like but I will accept your explanation. Ever wonder why you dont here stories in the news about mormon people rioting and shooting? if you dont think it has to do with who they are and what they value then i wonder where you are getting your information?

6 hours ago, kipper said:

I would say that it is pretty easy to tell a stupid lose is somebody who created a child they arent willing or able to care for is stupid.

So one must be able to see whether or not people will be caring for their child, before it is even created. Interesting, possibly the castration police should hire people with crystal balls to look into the future.

One of my favorite Christmas memories as a child was when we were living in an old flat and I remember sitting on the floor looking at the lights on the Christmas tree and just thinking how beautiful it was. Everything was perfect at that moment.

12 hours ago, reswati said:

So one must be able to see whether or not people will be caring for their child, before it is even created. Interesting, possibly the castration police should hire people with crystal balls to look into the future.

I dont know Reswati about that. Maybe a person who takes care of  not just themself but also other people; a person who is a good employee, not on welfare, considerate about the enviroment, basically not a self serving type person. Traits that a potential partner if they are smart would already be requiring and then and only then taking on having a child. Usually you can tell alot about somebody before hand is my experience. not really a mystery to me, people who if I were a parent I wouldnt want to babysit my own kids might just be they kind of losers i was talking about.

Merry Christmas Reswati

On 12/23/2016 at 10:18 AM, Walter said:

This was a quote from the co-chair of Trump's New York campaign:

image.jpeg

This was a quote by Barac Obama

Merry Christmas Walter! 

12 minutes ago, kipper said:

Merry Christmas Reswati

Indeed....fuck this discussion, since it is going nowhere, but bizarre wishful thinking .......happy holidays to you as well.

Edited by reswati

Well the day is coming to a end. Thankfully tbh, I am shattered. Getting presents is still good. Even as a adult. But getting money is better. Then you can get what you really want.

23 hours ago, craigled said:

Well the day is coming to a end. Thankfully tbh, I am shattered. Getting presents is still good. Even as a adult. But getting money is better. Then you can get what you really want.

Giving is always better than getting at Christmas. Even a small kindness to someone gives back so much more when you make them smile.

"Teach your children well"

just a random thought about how so many young people were not raised right.  Loud voices in theaters and restrants and rude thug behavior is traced back to the parents.  Nothing is more joyful than well behaved young people who are considerate.

With all these famous people we have lost this year it says, You do not know what is around the corner. Enjoy everyday and try to not let trivial things get you down. Life is precious.

I think I am  going to go to the fiesta bowl parade tomorrow morning in Phoenix. It's not too far from me and I can bike it.

New Year’s Resolutions seem like a good idea. They get you thinking about your future and looking at what’s required to make it a reality. But because they aren’t often achieved, resolutions often set people up for failure and this isn’t good for your self-esteem along with your mental and emotional health. If setting and not achieving your New Year’s Resolutions is getting you down, then stop torturing yourself! Ditch the resolutions and do this instead:

1) Focus on what you do have and like about your life

Resolutions get you focusing on what you ‘don’t’ have, which creates a ‘lack’ or ‘gap’ within you. Sometimes this can provide the necessary ‘kick up the behind’ to make the necessary changes to your life, but more often than not focusing on ‘lack’ means that you’ll create more of this and start to feel ‘bad’ about your life. This isn’t ideal.

A better idea is to focus on what you ‘do like’ about your life and be grateful for that. The law of attraction means that you create more of what you continually think about and focus on. As a result, you’ll attract more of what you want into your life and the ‘good things’ will naturally grow. Doing this is a much kinder and gentler way of improving your life.

2) See every day as a chance to start fresh

January is often seen as a way to start fresh with a clean slate in terms of your life, but I’d like to challenge this ‘yearly reset point’. Instead, why not see each day as a new beginning. That way you have 365 chances to improve your life each year rather than just one!

There are times where you’re going to have a bad day. There are times where you’re going to self-sabotage or procrastinate or undo your hard work. But this is normal because you are human. If you only give yourself a yearly reset point, you make your life very hard!

If I’ve had a bad day, I feel safe in the knowledge that tomorrow is a new day where the ‘reset’ button has been pressed. Just like pressing the ‘control-alt-delete’ button on your computer, you can start each day with a new attitude on a different foot. You can wipe the slate clean knowing that life can be different tomorrow. Don’t let one mistake get you down. Be kind and gentle with yourself. Realise you are human. Take the pressure off. Let yourself have a bad day or a bad week and allow yourself to move on.

Why not wake up each morning and ask yourself ‘what one thing am I going to do today to make my life (and the lives of others) even better’? Daily and consistent action is key because it’s the small steps that add up to make the big changes.

This is a great post, Ross. So many set their goals too high to achieve them. However; it's not to underestimate the power of self-motivation either. Some people have more drive than others. It depends on motivation of each individual.

Every day is a new day. True! The difference is, on New Years Day, we can share the fight on improving ourselves along with company. New Year's Day is not inclusive to one, but exclusive to many that have the will to fight for a better tomorrow for themselves.

May we wish each other well in our own endeavors. Happy 2017, Ross. I sincerely wish you and yours good health, happiness, and prosperity.

Edited by apantherfrommd
shortened post

One more day of 2016 to go. Will the Grim Reaper finally take a rest or will he cram some more corpses into the year?

dumpsterfire_newthumb_1.jpg

Goodbye, 2016! I'm seriously NOT going to miss you! Can't wait for 2017...barely 6 hours ago, in my time zone!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

3 hours ago, Strider said:

One more day of 2016 to go. Will the Grim Reaper finally take a rest or will he cram some more corpses into the year?

How ironic that question comes from someone with a Beatles reference in their signature line.

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

How ironic that question comes from someone with a Beatles reference in their signature line.

You and Alanis Morissette need to learn the difference between ironic and coincidence.

あけましておめでとう。

Went to the fiesta bowl parade in Phoenix today and enjoyed it a lot. The Ghostbusters were really cool.

The celebrations for New year are ott. The fireworks go off all night. I am not boring, I promise. But its too much. I am quite tired too.

I walked 4 miles yesterday and I feel great today