Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

11,141 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Strider said:

Look, I don't care if it's CNN, Fox, or MSNBC...just because some nattering nabobs say it on TV doesn't make it true. The tv news business is only interested in fear-mongering. Keep Americans fearful and you keep eyeballs glued to the set. Hey America! You should be afraid...and stick with us after the commercial and we will tell you how to survive.

Couldn't have said it better myself!:drinks:

This is a BIG reason why we've become so divided. The media has essentially become a big echo chamber for one side or the other. It seems there's no longer people like Cronkite who actually BALANCE both sides and give equal weight to two sensible points of view. Both the left and the right have become so extreme that it is hard to be a moderate (like me). The internet has made things much worse. All this fake news bullshit that used to be confined to rags like the National Enquirer has now spread like a virus through cyberspace and more and more people are believing it. We have the biggest collection of information in history right at our fingertips. Surely, we can enrich ourselves and become more well-informed citizens instead of regurgitating stuff that some blogger said? (And for the record, this goes for both liberals AND conservatives)

1 hour ago, Ddladner said:

God Bless America on this day of the inauguration of our 45th president, Donald J. Trump.  Whether you are a supporter of Trump or not, today he will become President of the United States of America. Why not give him a chance to be successful. Isn't that in everybody's best interest? If you are not willing to give him a chance, if you feel ithe need to criticize him before he has even taken the oath of office, how is that productive. If you are already spewing hate toward him, does that make you any better than the things you proclaim to deplore?  It doesn't make sense.  If he takes office and makes decisions that undermine the safety and strength of our country, that further divide our people, or cause us harm in any way, wouldn't that be the time to criticize?  What purpose does it serve not to give him a chance. 

I am hopeful. For a safe and peaceful inauguration. And for progress in the coming years. 

Very well said! Regardless of what you think of Trump, wishing for him to fail is foolish. It's like wishing for the pilot of the airplane you're in to be poor at his job. I'm not saying never speak out, of course, but just respect the position and hope that he does well. And if you don't like the direction he takes us in, it's less than two years until the midterms, so keep your chin up! :)

AHHH..those peace-loving, inclusive liberals.......

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Black-clad activists smashed store windows and blocked traffic in Washington during U.S. President Donald Trump's inauguration on Friday, and fought with police in riot gear who responded with tear gas and stun grenades.

About 500 people, some wearing masks, marched through the city's downtown, using hammers to claw up chunks of pavement to smash the windows of a Bank of America branch and a McDonald's outlet, all symbols of the American capitalist system.

It's been so long since I popped in a good Blues album into my stereo.

...funny, I had the same inkling last week and ended up playing Sonny Boy Williamson over the weekend.  If he's good enough for Robert and Jimmy......

3 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

...funny, I had the same inkling last week and ended up playing Sonny Boy Williamson over the weekend.  If he's good enough for Robert and Jimmy......

My mind was alternating between Sonny Boy Williamson and Little Walter (for obvious reasons!) :) I'm looking forward to playing a Blues album, this weekend! 

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Black-clad activists smashed store windows and blocked traffic in Washington during U.S. President Donald Trump's inauguration on Friday, and fought with police in riot gear who responded with tear gas and stun grenades.

About 500 people, some wearing masks, marched through the city's downtown, using hammers to claw up chunks of pavement to smash the windows of a Bank of America branch and a McDonald's outlet, all symbols of the American capitalist system.

Meh. That was a given. They're as irrelevant as CNN.

This is truly, a quirky random thought.

I was just thinking of the new members who join these forums every day and the interesting variety of forum user names that they bring with them.

Then suddenly, a very quirky potential forum name, popped into my head: Beatrix Butter and I thought to myself, hmmm...that's interesting! :P 

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Oh no...not another YouTube clip. :rolleyes:

Look, I don't care if it's CNN, Fox, or MSNBC...just because some nattering nabobs say it on TV doesn't make it true. The tv news business is only interested in fear-mongering. Keep Americans fearful and you keep eyeballs glued to the set. Hey America! You should be afraid...and stick with us after the commercial and we will tell you how to survive.

It's a sick game they play.

Study after study has shown that people who get their news and information by reading (books, newspapers, magazines) are better informed and able to understand and discuss issues than people who watch tv news or internet blogs.

Way to sidestep the whole issue (decimation of the Democrat party) that I pointed out.   Yes, it's true. Even your hero Obama accepts some responsibility for that.

http://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/obama-blames-circumstances-for-decimation-of-democratic-party-during-his-presidency-video/

One of the twins is starting to look like Mr. Mackay from "South Park". Mmmkay. :o

Doomsday blah blah blah he said she said poor me who can i blame... Nonsense nonsense nonsense... Paranoia... Hate hate hate... Bully... Capitalism ... Money rules... 

2 hours ago, Strider said:

One of the twins is starting to look like Mr. Mackay from "South Park". Mmmkay. :o

I love this

9 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Thank you, Ddladner, and well said.  Wishing Trump to fail does our country no good! 

Who here has said they wish him to fail?  His cabinet picks make us wonder....wtf?  

4 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I was just thinking of the new members who join these forums every day and the interesting variety of forum user names that they bring with them.

Then suddenly, a very quirky potential forum name, popped into my head: Beatrix Butter and I thought to myself, hmmm...that's interesting! :P 

Looking forward to your first post under that username - if in fact it's truly you. ;) 

6 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Fail.  They were anarchists, not liberals.  Probably right-wing nut jobs trying to get mindless rubes to come to that conclusion.  Makes for a good story.  Can't wait to see how  Breitbart spins it....

19 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Running up that kind of a debt is enough to tell me that he was not a good president. The USA will never recover from that without the 1% squeezing the 99% harder than ever. The president that inherits that debt will be the one to get called inept as they try to correct it, whether it be Trump or someone else.

As popular as it is to put that debt squarely on the shoulders of our 44th president - if people here understand how the spending in our country happens, the president is bound by spending promises made years in advance.  Obama was saddled with much of the spending that took place in his tenor as president by our 43rd president.  The military ventures begun under W and the financial crisis that ensued were both debt that is placed on Obama's shoulders.  Interestingly enough, the same financial company that brought our country to its financial knees, Goldman Sachs, is the same company Trump is loading up his cabinet with.  But the U.S. Government is now in the hands of the people.  Look at the diversity of his cabinet compared to the diversity of the U.S. and also compared to the diversity of previous administrations.  Pretty skewed to one racial/gender group.  How can you represent all people when the people helping make decisions are comprised mainly of one microcosm of society? 

It's amazing how some people get so caught up with partisan politics that they cease to have an identity of their own.  Amazing and sad.

19 hours ago, Strider said:

Pretty tough talk for a keyboard warrior so afraid of America he lives in Japan. Your persistent use of bogus phrases such as "mom-jeans" and "snowflake" gives you away.

You are just mad that your "Impeach Obama" thread was such a failure...or was that Andy's thread? Sorry guys...no impeachment for Obama or Hillary. Not that you didn't give it the old college try.

You have no idea. Look snowflake, the mom-jeans fit, so wear them. All I've asked is that you pull them up.

You are just upset I had the good sense early on to divest and move as far the fuck away from Obamanation as possible. I never pushed for impeachment, because this outcome is so much better. Hell, I may even return if Trump or Pence earn a second term.

58 minutes ago, Walter said:

Look at the diversity of his cabinet compared to the diversity of the U.S. and also compared to the diversity of previous administrations.  Pretty skewed to one racial/gender group.

You may have missed the memo...that bullshit is over! Equal opportunity -- you got it. Equal outcomes -- earn it!

5 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

That reminds me of Uma Thurman's character name in "Kill Bill".

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Fail.  They were anarchists, not liberals.  Probably right-wing nut jobs trying to get mindless rubes to come to that conclusion. Makes for a good story.  Can't wait to see how  Breitbart spins it....

That's your side, all yours. Own it.

17 hours ago, reswati said:

Oh wow.....the usual suspects are once more cluttering up this thread with their paranoid political ramblings.

The song remains the same.............boring!

How's it going Res?

It must be boring to you. I'd be happy with boring, no bombing and crap. You live in Dutch. I'd be happy if my country lived in Dutch and just took care of itself. Stay out of world affairs, protected itself from those that hate it's ways.

But the beauty of the Random Thoughts thread is that it is what it is. Why not let people express what's going on in their minds. It helps. It leads to conflicts, but it always works itself out, so long as people are open-minded. It's venting. Ya know?

Hotplant IMO was a visionary. I don't wish harm or ill-will on anyone here. I like the fact that people on the lzforum can express their Random Thoughts. It's all good. No one is out to hurt anyone else. I sure don't want to. This used to be, and is still the most popular thread on the forum.

I wish the best to you and those you care for, Res.

20 hours ago, Strider said:

You sound as naive as Diane Keaton in "The Godfather".

I hope you don't support your Baltimore Ravens or watch any NFL. Because the success of the NFL has been built on communist concepts.

:lol: I've still NEVER seen the Godfather. I'm going to catch crap for that. :P If you were talking the Baltimore Colts, sure.

I don't support the Ravens. I drove by the stadium today. It was lit in purple. I hate purple! I do like Steve Smith #89 Sr. But that's all.

I neither have nor want cable. I haven't seen a single NFL game this year; although I won the NFl pool at work. It's no fun winning all the time.

The NFL this year... it's no wonder the ratings are down. I crapped it out when Crappernick made a show out of crapping on our National Anthem.

Football is football! Why bring political or racial crap into football? I love football. You know I do, Sean! But I would watch football to escape from the political crap. I don't watch it to see someone bring a statement into it, that's irrelevant of the sport. Then O'Bumbles has to make a statement on it. 

Gimme a break. I'm happy to read books rather than to watch news. And if the NFl gets political then phooey on it too. :P Could care less.

13 hours ago, Ddladner said:

God Bless America on this day of the inauguration of our 45th president, Donald J. Trump.  Whether you are a supporter of Trump or not, today he will become President of the United States of America. Why not give him a chance to be successful. Isn't that in everybody's best interest? If you are not willing to give him a chance, if you feel ithe need to criticize him before he has even taken the oath of office, how is that productive. If you are already spewing hate toward him, does that make you any better than the things you proclaim to deplore?  It doesn't make sense.  If he takes office and makes decisions that undermine the safety and strength of our country, that further divide our people, or cause us harm in any way, wouldn't that be the time to criticize?  What purpose does it serve not to give him a chance. 

I am hopeful. For a safe and peaceful inauguration. And for progress in the coming years. 

You know, you are one person who can make politics into something non-controversial..inspire hope & unity. I'd vote for you if you ran for office. You have a gift. When you say something it makes sense. It's honest. It's about unity between brothers/sisters of our country. Thanks for another beautiful post, Ddladner. God bless you, your good family, and America.

Edited by apantherfrommd

Love Him or Hate Him, in My opinion, Donald Trump looks very Presidential.  Like what a real President of the United States of America should look like.  

Thank God we do not to have look at a 70+ menopausal unattractive woman in drab pantsuits for the next 4 years who has trouble walking on her own and coughs more times then a normal human. Not to mention  one of most corrupt politicians in American history. 

Edited by kingzoso

23 hours ago, Strider said:

There is plenty of outrage at police being killed. BLM is just a small drop in the bucket...they don't speak for all Americans or even all black people. The media gives them more publicity than they deserve.

Pretty tough talk for a keyboard warrior so afraid of America he lives in Japan. Your persistent use of bogus phrases such as "mom-jeans" and "snowflake" gives you away.

You are just mad that your "Impeach Obama" thread was such a failure...or was that Andy's thread? Sorry guys...no impeachment for Obama or Hillary. Not that you didn't give it the old college try.

Andy's thread? An "Impeach Bumbles" thread? Sorry, but I didn't know that one. If I did, I would have posted. :lol: 

I don't wish Bumbles to be impeached. I'd rather he be hung by his Peace Prize necklace, or just realize that he has become impotent.

Bye Bye Urkel. You're not relevant anymore.

23 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

That has to be a hoax or a joke. No way that soft, feckless, Mom-jeans wearing pussy made that tweet with a straight face.   

Economic growth as a percentage of GDP under Obama is .05% -- the all time low.

Ahh. You caught me. That tweet wasn't by Bumbles. Chewie confiscated his Twitter box while he was sleeping.