Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

11,417 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

On this day, exactly 140 years ago on the 15th of March, 1877, day 1 of the first officially recognized test cricket match began! :D 

Argh, cricket. Should have been test an fail.

Just kidding, however footie is  a damn sight better IMO.

Cricket is good. Lasts too long though. I cannot watch that. I do my families heads in with all the football and both codes of Rugby that i watch.

Posted (edited)

Is this a repeat, or just the speech on tour...

Edited by JTM

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

THAT has to be the most random post I've ever seen on this thread!  :rolleyes:

If you can go on and on and on and on till the end of time about politics and ramble on like there is no tomorrow and decimate a thread, I can most certainly talk about Cricket!!! It is my right as a member of this forum. I don't have to explain myself to you! Please remember THAT! :rolleyes: 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

13 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

On this day, exactly 140 years ago on the 15th of March, 1877, day 1 of the first officially recognized test cricket match began! :D 

Happy birthday cricket! Coolest cricketer ever.

a5e0b85482ac62bb334e896c56a0d46f.jpg

fc4d5c171acfa1889e3587ddae8631d3.jpg

6b8437ff10dcd5ad83e15d0323a6743f.jpg

9 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

If you can go on and on and on and on till the end of time about politics and ramble on like there is no tomorrow and decimate a thread, I can most certainly talk about Cricket!!! It is my right as a member of this forum. I don't have to explain myself to you! Please remember THAT! :rolleyes: 

First, I don't go "on and on" about politics on here.  And until the snowflakes learn to accept the results of our election, I will occasionally post a political remark.

Second, my post about your post being the most random post I had seen on here was SUPPOSED to be a compliment!  I mean out of the blue, someone posts a comment about cricket - a sport 95% of us Americans don't even know is a sport?  Say "cricket" to any American and 9 times out of 10 they will only be thinking of the chirping little insect!

Another bad day at work perhaps?

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Nope. I in fact, had a great day. I just don't like people rolling their eyes at me. Just to be clear. That's all. 

Oh and FYI, Cricket is played in a lot of countries. Too bad Americans don't know much about it. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

22 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Nope. I in fact, had a great day. I just don't like people rolling their eyes at me. Just to be clear. That's all. 

Oh and FYI, Cricket is played in a lot of countries. Too bad Americans don't know much about it. 

Are they not the world champions at Cricket??? Well if they are not, they will change the rules to suit and soon will be! 

It is the greatest of sports. Loved the world over. From Australia to England ( The Scots and The Irish too) to The West Indies to Afghanistan. Adored passionately by The Indians and cheated by The Pakistanis. You can BBQ in cape Town and freeze your bollocks off in Leeds. All to watch 5 days of action. Chuck in a few beers and maybe a curry for lunch, there is no better way to spend a summers afternoon hearing the smack of leather on willow and listening to the humour from the crowds. I love it. Far better than football with their histrionics and over inflated ego's, not to mention the obscene amount of notage they take home week in week out.

43 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I just chose an emoji that was different than the smiley one you posted.  I simply wanted to pick a DIFFERENT one than the one you did - just a different emoji with a smiley face.  I didn't even notice that it rolled it's eyes.

Guess I'm not as sensitive as some on here.....B) (hope this one does offend anyone!)

This is all I know about cricket. ^_^

cricket-lighters-mini.jpg

LMAO.....I stand corrected!

7 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

First, I don't go "on and on" about politics on here.  And until the snowflakes learn to accept the results of our election, I will occasionally post a political remark.

Second, my post about your post being the most random post I had seen on here was SUPPOSED to be a compliment!  I mean out of the blue, someone posts a comment about cricket - a sport 95% of us Americans don't even know is a sport?  Say "cricket" to any American and 9 times out of 10 they will only be thinking of the chirping little insect!

You are very insulting to people who don't support the election results calling us snowflakes etc. Republicans spent the last 8 years insulting and trying to stop Obama every step of the way and didn't accept him but we have to accept Trump? Don't think so. 

...as opposed to the liberals calling me and others on here homophobes and racists for supporting our President?  Keep throwing your tantrums and violent protests  and you'll see FOUR MORE YEARS!  

Think so!

And... another reminder, for obvious reasons,  political topics are not permitted on this forum. Please respect the rules and guidelines.

Thank you.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

And... another reminder, for obvious reasons,  political topics are not permitted on this forum. Please respect the rules and guidelines.

Thank you.

Please accept my sincere apologies Sam

Edited by chillumpuffer
spelling - Damn English. I must learn American

22 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Guess I'm not as sensitive as some on here.....B) (hope this one does offend anyone!)

Oh yes, you are, when it comes to politics! You hate it when people on this very thread, disagree with Trump and his associates and you pretty much lash out. Don't deny it. We all know that this is the truth. 

3 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

Thank you.

Apologies Sam. I won't say another word. 

I should get into trouble for going on about football all the time. I cannot help myself.

Greetings from sunny Florida where it's 80 degrees and...sunny!!  

Italian food tonight.  Then baseball tomorrow - yay!!!

Then more baseball and more food.  It's a wonderful time of year :D 

Rollin' along with the tumblin' tumbleweeds.

Nothing like air conditioning on a hot, spring day...

Wouldnt know about that right now. But yes, Air conditioning is essential. I always love a really cold bottle of water when it is hot too.

:hysterical::slapface::hysterical::'(:hysterical::blink::hysterical::popcorn2:

Posted (edited)

Yes, air conditioning when it is hot, heat when it is cold. A roof over ones head when it rains and a lovely meadow when the sun is shining bright. I also like to eat food and drink things too. Sleep is nice as is waking, after all the alternative is oblivion which is exactly what this thread has devolved into....

So, I will post this because, why not?

Edited by IpMan

7 hours ago, Strider said:

:hysterical::slapface::hysterical::'(:hysterical::blink::hysterical::popcorn2:

I take it you're stoned then?