Best Album Cover?!

Coda.S

Best Album Cover!  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which album cover do u think is the best??

• LZ I
    • LZ II
    • LZ III
    • LZ IV
    • Houses of the Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through the Out Door

Back when they were really albums and not cd's Led Zeppelin III was easily the best not only by them buy by many. Hell, you could actually play with it! The wheel inside that turns. cmon. No brainer.

You could play with PG too, sorta, looking at the pics in the windows and such.

I stand by my vote for In Through The Out Door, I mean the brown paper bag they issued it in was meant to shut up critics who said their stuff was getting too fancy, who else would pull something like that??!!??!! Plus any album cover featuring a man at a bar earns my respect haha

I had to go with In Through The Outdoor. Coming in a brown paper bag, interactive water colors, 6 different covers. The 6 different covers all have perspectives from each person in the room. Overall, simply amazing. The main reason is that I have always thought that the album cover matches the mood of the album fairly well.

• 2 weeks later...
I had to go with In Through The Outdoor. Coming in a brown paper bag, interactive water colors, 6 different covers. The 6 different covers all have perspectives from each person in the room. Overall, simply amazing. The main reason is that I have always thought that the album cover matches the mood of the album fairly well.

I agree

• 1 year later...

I picked the fourth album because it was the perfect answer to all their critics. There's no Led Zeppelin written on it, no title, no words; just the man with sticks, the music spoke for itself. Plus, the inside sleeve introduced the four symbols that are now synonymous with Led Zeppelin

a really tough question. Allbum art and Zeppelin music ...

I finally picked III, because my originla LP smelled so good and kept you busy while listening to the music.

LZII was also pretty cool and that one was completely in line with music. Another one that was always entertaining was Physical Graffiti

Kind of an interactive design with those different inserts. As a young kid I thought IV and Houses were quite intriguing, but nowadays the paedophile subtone of the last one puts me off.

Anyway those seventies were languid and decadent. slapface.gif

BTW ...The worst cover art prize goes to Ross Halfin (HTWWW, BBC sessions). These 'designs' are butt ugly.

• 1 month later...

It's got to be Led Zeppelin III. I can't think of any other album cover that had a wheel that you could turn to change the pictures on the cover! There's never been anything close to that (Physical Gaffiti is a distant second). My guess is that most of the people voting on this only have the CD.

• 1 month later...

Same here!

I spent a lot of time chasing them all down, too.

Honestly I always thought that the cover to the third album was kind of cheezy. The lettering was so soft and not very Zeppelinesque. The revolving wheel was cool but not enough to make up for the lame cover.

The first two album covers in contrast looked as ballsy as the music they contained.

Zep III is their worst cover imho but containing a superlative collection of tunes, dgmr

Dont flip out on me Zep-nation....:(

I really like the collage on Led Zeppelin III.

• 1 month later...