What's With "My Friends" ?

irg82

Personal picture: A picture of yourself. Something you would post in a "Post a picture of yourself thread".

Personal statement: Just put some witty quote there. The Yankees forum I belong to uses the same software this one does, so I've seen all this stuff before. Or you can leave it blank. It doesn't matter.

My friends: Just what it says. You add people here you talk to a lot or you like to the list and it'll tell you how many of your friends are online when you are on the site.

We finally have an ignored users list. Thank Jebus.

And what is "Personal Portal Information." It has "Personal Statement"... my god, what does that mean? And "Personal Picture?" What's the difference between that and your avatar?

Haha...Personal Statement had me puzzled for quite a while lastnight.

I still don't know what to write for it.

Okay, I got two e-mails from the board saying that two people had added me as friends. But when I click on the My Friends thing here, it says I have 0 friends to display. :huh:

Have you got it set so that you need to accept the friends first?

There's a box you can either tick or not one way or the other.

If you don't get an e-mail, because you checked a box somewhere saying "don't send me e-mails," how do you know if someone has added you? And where do you see on the screen that your friends are online? :huh:

And what is the meaning of life, and . . . .

...and how can you thank someone who has taken you from crayons to perfume? Anyone...? ;)

Haha...Personal Statement had me puzzled for quite a while lastnight.

I still don't know what to write for it.

Wow, so this is the new place. I'm still trying to figure out the avatar thing. Can't seem to get it to "take" yet. I feel naked without one. :huh:

If you don't get an e-mail, because you checked a box somewhere saying "don't send me e-mails," how do you know if someone has added you? And where do you see on the screen that your friends are online? :huh:

And what is the meaning of life, and . . . .

I can't help you with the rest....but the meannig of life was a Monty Python film. :rolleyes:

Okay, I got two e-mails from the board saying that two people had added me as friends. But when I click on the My Friends thing here, it says I have 0 friends to display. :huh:

That's because you haven't added anyone to your list yet. If 10 people add you as friends, but you don't add anyone, it'll say you have no friends to display.

It makes me sad to click on "My Friends" and have it say: "You have no friends to display." :(

I've added you. I think that when you click on that, though, it refers to people you've friended, not people who have friended you.

I've added you. I think that when you click on that, though, it refers to people you've friended, not people who have friended you.

Oh, thanks Mona. I wasn't sure how it works, so I haven't added anyone, but I got 28 emails saying people have added me. :D

I think I'm quite popular. :lol:

BTW, to all who have added me: THANK YOU!

*goes add some friends*

Oh, thanks Mona. I wasn't sure how it works, so I haven't added anyone, but I got 28 emails saying people have added me. :D

I think I'm quite popular. :lol:

BTW, to all who have added me: THANK YOU!

*goes add some friends*

Well, you rock. :D

Did I add you? I can't remember if I did or not.

edited: I did. :D

Archived