What is the most underrated Led Zeppelin song?

There's alot underrated songs out there by Led Zeppelin. Which one do you think is the most underrated? For me it would be Bring it on Home from Led Zeppelin II. Also, sorry if this has been posted already. I searched and couldn't find it. Thank you, God bless and Led Zeppelin forever!

Edit: What do you think is the most overrated song by them? Sorry I forgot to put it in the topic as it came to me after I posted. Again sorry, thank you for reading, God bless and Led Zeppelin forever!

When it comes to these underrated and overrated threads I've always wondered exactly who it is that's doing the rating. The fans? The critics? Is it based on the amount of airplay? If so, where does one go to find these ratings before commenting?

When it comes to these underrated and overrated threads I've always wondered exactly who it is that's doing the rating. The fans? The critics? Is it based on the amount of airplay? If so, where does one go to find these ratings before commenting?

Without putting words in anyone's mouth - I'd assume it is based on fans since the question is being posed to members here. I guess it's based on what we feel would qualify as underrated or overrated.

Without putting words in anyone's mouth - I'd assume it is based on fans since the question is being posed to members here. I guess it's based on what we feel would qualify as underrated or overrated.

If that is indeed the perspective from which the question is being asked I guess my next question would be how would one know which songs fans consider underrated vs. overrated? The Rover thread aside, to my way of thinking I would think it entirely possible that one fan could find a certain song to be overrated while another might think that same song is underrated. That's where I don't understand when, where and how a consensus could ever possibly be reached.

If that is indeed the perspective from which the question is being asked I guess my next question would be how would one know which songs fans consider underrated vs. overrated? The Rover thread aside, to my way of thinking I would think it entirely possible that one fan could find a certain song to be overrated while another might think that same song is underrated. That's where I don't understand when, where and how a consensus could ever possibly be reached.

It can't because it's all subjective. What I think is overrated, 100 other people could disagree. No one is right or wrong. I guess you can look at the discussion as a sharing of thoughts rather than coming to any sort of consensus.

It can't because it's all subjective. What I think is overrated, 100 other people could disagree. No one is right or wrong. I guess you can look at the discussion as a sharing of thoughts rather than coming to any sort of consensus.

Cool. While I have nothing whatsoever against such discussions I hope you understand where I might find trying to reach such a consensus kind of pointless since there's really nothing to base the rating of a song on other than one person feeling how appreciated or underappreciated it might be.

Cool. While I have nothing whatsoever against such discussions I hope you understand where I might find trying to reach such a consensus kind of pointless since there's really nothing to base the rating of a song on other that one person feeling how appreciated or underappreciated it might be.

I do :)

I think a very, underrated, but VERY VERY good song is "You Shook Me" from Zep I.

This song has it all:

Chilling guitar riff at the beginning.

Plant belting out his amazing lyrics.

JPJ pulling out this top noch keyboard section.

Bonzo adding in his superb drumming skills.

Every member of the band completely applies themselves as musical geniuses in this selection.

The song has a very professionally strategic arrangement.

This song does indeed, not get as much credit as it deserves, clocking in at over 6 minutes in length.

I think a very, underrated, but VERY VERY good song is "You Shook Me" from Zep I.

This song has it all:

Chilling guitar riff at the beginning.

Plant belting out his amazing lyrics.

JPJ pulling out this top noch keyboard section.

Bonzo adding in his superb drumming skills.

Every member of the band completely applies themselves as musical geniuses in this selection.

The song has a very professionally strategic arrangement.

This song does indeed, not get as much credit as it deserves, clocking in at over 6 minutes in length.

I totally agree, but almost any Zep song is underrated that not is getting played on radio or music television.

I totally agree, but almost any Zep song is underrated that not is getting played on radio or music television.

Music television wasn't around in Zep's day so they wouldn't have "music videos". VH1 classic does play Zep but they're limited to whatever is available - generally it's from the DVD or SRTS.

Definitely The Rover and Living Loving Maid (I don't understand why the guys didn't like this song, it's got a great riff.

Personally i think FOUR STICKS it's a pretty underated song...if you can call it so. Mi thougths are mainly guided by the fact that the band did not play the song a lot live. It has that bluesy feel with a really strange time signatures shifting that really can catch me by the balls, and also has that atmospheric fading at the end B)

Personally i think FOUR STICKS it's a pretty underated song...if you can call it so. Mi thougths are mainly guided by the fact that the band did not play the song a lot live. It has that bluesy feel with a really strange time signatures shifting that really can catch me by the balls, and also has that atmospheric fading at the end B)

Ya, I can see where you're coming from on that, I think it's a song everyone knows is great, but it doesn't seemed to get talked about much, and you're right, Zeppelin didn't play it much live (When did they play it?).

For the general populace, every Led Zeppelin song except for 'Stairway To Heaven', 'Black Dog'. 'Rock And Roll' and 'Whole Lotta Love' are underrated.

But, as a fan:

'Hey Hey What Can I Do' - my favorite Zeppelin song.

'Black Country Woman' - acoustic blues. I mean, c'mon, it's perfect!

'Bron-Y-Aur Stomp' - sometimes I think this is the most 'fun' Zeppelin song.

'Hot Dog' - I sometimes think I'm the only fan that loves this song. Lighten up, people!

'I'm Gonna Crawl' - Simply beautiful. Possibly my favorite Plant vocal.

'For Your Life' - Every song on Presence except 'Achilles' Last Stand' and 'Nobody's Fault But Mine' are rather underrated, but this song especially.

'Sick Again' - Simply awesome.

'What Is And What Should Never Be' - You know, this is probably my favorite song on II.

'Carouselambra' - Not one of the better tunes on In Through The Out Door, but still terrific.

'Out On The Tiles' - Wish I heard a full live version of this awesome song.

'Celebration Day' - while I'm glad I have heard a few live versions of this equally awesome song.

'Night Flight' - Along with 'Ten Years Gone', it's the best track on the second record of Physical Graffiti. Admit it! :D

Say, how underrated would you say 'Houses of the Holy' and 'Trampled Under Foot' are? They're just so damn awesome, I'm starting to think they're the best songs the band ever did. Especially true with 'TUF'.

Archived