In the search of uncirculated sources

Argenteum Astrum

Northern California Folk-Rock Festival

The Jimi Hendrix Experience / Jefferson Airplane / Chambers Bros. / Led Zeppelin / Eric Burdon / Spirit / Canned Heat / Buffy St. Marie / Youngbloods / Steve Miller / Chuck Berry / Muddy Waters / Taj Mahal / Noel Redding / Lee Michaels / Blues Image / Santana / Aum / Elvin Bishop / Poco / Lynn County / Loading Zone / Sweet Linda Devine / Cat Mother / Doc Watson / New Lost City Ramblers

May 23-25, 1968 @ Family Park, Santa Clara City Fairgrounds - California

Could this be it in 68 not 69

Led Zeppelin did not exist in May 1968... :unsure:

Here are my notes regarding hoarded shows. Maybe taken from the same source(s) where you've taken your list from.

The only thing I may add is that I recall that the Carnegie Hall 69 show is or was allegedly in the hand's of a Grateful Dead collector who wanted to trade it for something obscure.

SHOWS HOARDED

January 26th Boston Tea Party, Boston * (longer tape may exist)

April 12th Toby Jug, Tolworth, England (rumor only)

May 3rd Rose Palace, Pasadena

May 4th Civic Center, Santa Monica

May 13th Civic Auditorium, Honolulu

May 17th Ohio University,Athens, OH

May 23rd Pop Festival, San Jose

July 5th Pop Festival, Atlanta

July 27th Gold Creek Park, Woodinville (Seattle)

October 17th Carnegie Hall

November 4th Memorial Auditorium, Kitchener

April 11th Kiel Auditorium, St. Louis

November 17th Kinetic Circus, Birmingham, England

November 29th Empire, Liverpool, England

February 16th Subiaco Oval, Perth, Australia

February 27th Showgrounds, Sydney, Australia * (full tape is hoarded)

June 6th Cobo Hall, Detroit

June 21st Denver Coliseum, Denver

May 4th Braves Stadium, Atlanta

May 23rd Albuquerque

May 26th Salt Palace, Salt Lake City

March 2nd University of Tennessee, Bent Harbor

April 17th Market Square Arena, Indianapolis

May 19th Baton Rouge 1977 [same taper as 1975]

I also wonder how many rehearsals and sounchecks had been recorded and are sitting in someone's vault. I would imagine that more of the Southampton 73 session exists.

But that's purely my own speculation.

I am pretty sure Freezer taped this show as well.

1971.08.29 - Municipal Auditorium, New Orleans, Louisiana

He said he saw them 4 times and taped them 4 times.

Edit: There is a 30 minute fragment of this show in the hands of a dozen people.

1977.04.15 - St Louis Blues Arena, St Louis, Missouri

I am pretty sure Freezer taped this show as well.

1971.08.29 - Municipal Auditorium, New Orleans, Louisiana

He said he saw them 4 times and taped them 4 times.

Edit: There is a 30 minute fragment of this show in the hands of a dozen people.

You're correct as it comes for St Louis 1977 - the quality is horrible but indeed we have a new show.

According to a review of Vancouver Aug 19 / 71 in the Timeline on this site some guy from New Westminster BC has been hoarding a recording of the gig for years. Does anyone have any info regarding this claim ?

Got any (estimated) date when the show will be released to the masses? (either bootleg or as a fan release, who's hoarding it?), is the fragment all that exists, is there more?

From Argenteum's website:

"APRIL 15 - ST. LOUIS ARENA, ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI (FRIDAY 8pm)

Recording Includes: The Battle Of Evermore, Going To California, Black Country Woman (<< Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp..), White Summer (<< Black Mountain Side..) >> Kashmir [ end cut ].

Source: Incomplete poor audience recording. 31 minutes.

Details: This is the worst sounding source ever! It sounds like it was taped at the bathroom.

Bootleg CD Reference(s):

Comments: It might be a good concert but due to its so poor quality only we can say the band did the show. It was also reported that someone threw a Jack Daniels bottle and hit Robert Plant so there was no encore."

Got any (estimated) date when the show will be released to the masses? (either bootleg or as a fan release, who's hoarding it?), is the fragment all that exists, is there more?

From Argenteum's website:

I received the tape from a guy who claims he got it in a way of trade back in the 1980s. The story goes that the tape was incorrectly transferred to DAT (that's the reason of many pops and cracks throughout) and then was sent to the UK but never returned. From what I know this is the only survived fragment and even if someone in the UK really stole the tape, he actualy has the same as me and a dozen of persons.

I received the tape from a guy who claims he got it in a way of trade back in the 1980s. The story goes that the tape was incorrectly transferred to DAT (that's the reason of many pops and cracks throughout) and then was sent to the UK but never returned. From what I know this is the only survived fragment and even if someone in the UK really stole the tape, he actualy has the same as me and a dozen of persons.

Well, I now know where you got it based on your comment. Don't worry Zed, I got it from the same person.

There is, however, a better transfer of this fragment (still really bad) in existence based on info I have from a reliable source.

Well, I now know where you got it based on your comment. Don't worry Zed, I got it from the same person.

There is, however, a better transfer of this fragment (still really bad) in existence based on info I have from a reliable source.

Sorry but you mixed up my nickname with someone else..anyway, I'd be interested to get that transfer so Pm please...

The only thing I may add is that I recall that the Carnegie Hall 69 show is or was allegedly in the hand's of a Grateful Dead collector who wanted to trade it for something obscure.

Actually I believe you have that mixxed up with the Aug 16, 1969 Asbury Park show(s).

Carnegie show hoarder was as I recall, looking for cash money.

• 6 years later...

There are quite a bit of Jacked up Chicago and Detroit tapes that look like people do not want others to have a good sounding show.    I think all the Texas 1973 shows are incomplete and raise suspicion, which would point to where the rest of the '71 show is

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2009 at 4:10 PM, Sibh23 said:

Alright, so it would go something like this for Baton Rouge:

May 19, 1977: Tape of this show exists and was really close to being released, but someone leaked out the news from this tape's released and thus it got cancelled, it was later sent to an Administrator of some music-sharing site with orders to "Be Released when the time is due"

I recall reading about this . It was a "Freezer" recording. I think he did a 71 Louisiana show too. The 77 show is probably a good one too. The previous night was Birmingham, no SBD but the AUD is great and the band was hot.

The 71 show had to be a great tape too. Damn shame.

Aside from Millard , In my book Freezer is the next best thing.

As far as the Minnesota shows I read in one of the  books ( Keith Shadwick ?) that a music critic trashed the first show and Plant took umbrage and the next one was a total monster.

Tape Hoarders suck. They are the people who bring 45 items to the  supermarket express line and call security when you fling their shit off the belt, cut you off to get a better parking spot and call the police when you take a hammer to their headlights,  leer at your girl and run away when you try to gouge out their eyes. What's wrong with these people?

Archived