what zep songs can you play on guitar

Kashmir96

i can play kashmir, ten years gone,communication breakdown,black dog,good times bad times,living lovin maid,trampled under foot,in my time of dying,heartbreaker(dont count the solo on that its nearly impossible),ramble on,whole lotta love,rock n roll,stairway to heaven and im working on since i've been loving you.wat do you think im 12 years old

what can you play

The only LZ songs I am certain I can recall from memory at this time and play beginning to end are...

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

That's The Way

Bring It On Home

Good Times Bad Times

Living Loving Maid

Out On The Tiles

Celebration Day (Live), maybe it's been a while.

Anything else I'd need to look at a tab or music. Though I don't doubt I could rattle off intro's and bits of solos to most of their stuff. I'd don't play much LZ stuff anymore, really not my thing.

I fudge a lot on these songs, trying to put my own take into these pieces: (ha ha)

Going to California

Down By The Seaside

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (just fingerpicking the main progression, not the solos)

Ten Years Gone (ditto)

The Wanton Song (ditto) (nice jazz chords, there)

Achilles Last Stand (intro and some sequential chords)

Poor Tom

The Battle of Evermore

Four Sticks

Good Times Bad Times, Communication Breakdown, most of Dazed, most of How Many More Times, Train Kept-a-Rollin, Whole Lotta Love, Heartbreaker, Bring it on Home, Livin Lovin Maid, Moby Dick, Lemon Song, Celebration Day, Out On the Tiles, Immigrant Song, That's The way, Black Dog, Misty Mountain Hop, Rock n Roll, Over the Hills, The Crunge, The Ocean, Custard Pie, Houses of the Holy, Sick Again.

I can fool around with most of their other songs, but those are the ones I know the best. I know a lot of the live versions too.

Like Zoso2112 said, I can work my way thru most of them (that I've sat down with and really tried to learn) some I do just like Page and some I sorta work around my style(s).

I used to have a second hand Led Zeppelin complete song book, it covered the first 4 or 5 albums (that's been more than a decade ago). I had worked thru the rhythm parts on most of the song's in it before I gave it to the guitar player in the band I was in at that time (drums is my main instrument).

There are a hand full of song's from the other album's I've figured out to, I've attempted practically all of them really. The one that was nothing like I fingered it would be was "I'm Gonna Crawl" on "In Thru The Out Door", it was lot easier than I had expected.

I'm not that much on learning exact lead structures or TAB so I can't say about all that part.

Bonzolikedrumer

I spell it like that because I like it that way.

I can play the intro to Stairway, Kashmir, the riffs from Whole Lotta Love, Communication Breakdown, Dazed and Confused, Black Mountain Side (not very well).

But on keyboards, I can play:

You Shook Me

Thank You

Since I've Been Loving You

Rock and Roll

Stairway To Heaven

Misty Mountain Hop

The Rain Song

Dancing Days

No Quarter

Trampled Underfoot

Kashmir

Fool in the Rain (but not very well)

All My Love (one of few solos I always play note-for-note)

Plus various guitar and bass parts played on keys for fun - Dazed and Confused, Moby Dick, etc.

Let's see...on electric guitar:

How Many more Times

You Shook Me

Whole Lotta Love (full)

The Rover

Immigrant Song (full, including HTWWW solo)

Lemon Song

Stairway To heaven

Tangerine (full)

The Crunge (full)

Ten Years Gone

Good Times bad Times

Achilles last Stand (almost full, just need to learn the rest of the solo)

We're Gonna Groove

Thank You

That's all I can remember, and NOTE: Unless it says (full), then it's most likely I only know a few riffs from the song and not the whole thing...yet, if it says (full) then I can play it all the way through

Dazed and Confused (studio, 1973, and 1975 versions)

Communication Breakdown

How Many More Times

Whole Lotta Love (studio, 1973, and 1975 versions)

Heartbreaker (1972, 1973, 1975 versions)

Moby Dick

Thank You

Immigrant Song (HTWWW version and studio)

Since I've Been Loving You (studio and 1973)

Out On the Tiles

Black Dog

Rock and Roll

Misty Mountain Hop (studio and 1973 versions(not much of a difference))

Stairway to Heaven (studio, 1973, and 1975 versions (versions vary by solo))

Four Sticks

Going to California

When the Levee Breaks

The Song Remains the Same

The Rain Song

No Quarter (studio and 1973 versions)

The Ocean

Kashmir

Trampled Underfoot (studio and 1975 versions (addition of solo and adlib sections))

Sick Again

The Rover intro

In the Light

Achilles Last Stand

Nobody's Fault But Mine

• 3 months later...

Ummm I don't think i can play any song perfectly...note for note, but i do improvise alot of solos, so these are the songs i can play with my own style...

Whole Lotta Love

Bring it On Home

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Immigrant Song

Celebration Day

Thats The Way

Black Dog

Rock And Roll

Stairway To Heaven

The Battle Of Evermore

Going To California

Misty Mountain Hop

The Song Remains The Same

The Rain Song

Over The Hills And Far Away

The Ocean

No Quarter

Ten Years Gone

Sick Again

Trampled Under Foot

Kashmir

Achilles Last Stand

All of them at one time or another I guess. Memory's not everything it used to be nowadays! :lol:

Haha. Evster, re Ten Years Gone, thanks to you and those beautiful tabs and chord frame (for good ol' G and Dmaj7) you provided, I now am better at that very pretty song than I used to be! (It was in the "Two Questions" thread) :wave:

Haha. Evster, re Ten Years Gone, thanks to you and those beautiful tabs and chord frame (for good ol' G and Dmaj7) you provided, I now am better at that very pretty song than I used to be! (It was in the "Two Questions" thread) :wave:

ha + 1

Funny, I never learned modes or proper sight reading. Theory and all that. I know all the scales. I just don't know what they're called. What to you might be "Harmonic Minor" is to me "Yngwie Mode"! :lol: My dad was a classical pianist, and put me into lessons when I was old enough to sit up on the bench. But it didn't take. I play almost exclusively by ear. Fortunately I was gifted with a pretty good one. But what to you is a "Dmaj7" is to me a D-chord with a flatted octave! The way my mind works musically is to just listen for the note, and I can usually find it immediately, anywhere on the neck. That's just time and the sacrifice of higher education!! :lol:

Not that I recommend that approach! Just do whatever gets you there! ;)

Ha see Ev, I wish I was like you, but unfortunately have no ear at all. I'm a person who is very book smart, and have a good memory, but have pretty much zero musical talent. Could never carry a tune to save my life, had no sense of pitch or intervals, and basically when I started my ear was nothing. Thus, to learn guitar I've had to learn as much theory as possible, work through it all, memorize it and what sounds good with what and then when I know what I'm playing I will hear it and say ooohh that does sound good and try to remember the sound. My ear has improved a bit, but still has a very long way to go. I also feel like my knowledge will be way ahead of my musical ability for a while, but hopefully sometime I can catch up and balance it out.

Also to not get too off topic:

Dazed and Confused

Travelling Riverside Blues (all but solo)

Whole Lotta Love (full)

How Many More Times

Heartbreaker (full, but will hit random notes in the same scale during fast parts of solo)

Black Dog

Stairway (full)

Over the Hills (full)

The Ocean

Bring it on Home

Ramble On

The Rover (full)

Ten Years Gone (full)

ALS

I think LZ songs constitute at least 1/3 maybe half the songs I know after looking at this list ha.

Travelling Riverside Blues (all but solo)

Solo's an easy one! 12th fret box G major lick with a chromatic on the B-string followed by 3rd fret G minor bend and pull off riff landing on the B on the 4th fret G string (the note with the vibrato and sustain, implying the major). The rest is basically dancing around the same; a little down here; a little up there. But it's really just alternating between the 12th and 3rd fret blues/pentatonic formats, with the typical Page use of inserting majors into pentatonic blues scales. In fact, if you can cop the licks from this solo, you've got a big chunk of Page's toolbox. With some exceptions, this format is essentially the Page style to jamming.

Sorry if that makes no sense, that's how I explain shit! :lol:

I have an unwritten agreement with Led Zeppelin, they won't play my songs and I won't play theirs! :unsure:

I can't sight read although I can read a little, have acute 'earing (not jewelry!), giving me a good ear for music.

I mostly play by listening to records or tablature but that is always hit and miss because the authors aren't always correct.

Back to topic.

HOTRH

Friends

TTW

Rain Song (except the "I felt the coldness of my winter" part which I have struggled with ever since it was released on vinyl! :slapface: )

Thank You (I will master the acoustic solo one day which IMO is better than any electric solo I've heard), with the band I'm playing with at the moment.

I know many of the riffs and bits and pieces of other songs but I don't think I can match the originals and I don't necessarily want to.

The bottom line is I would rather listen / watch to the masters play them.

As you probably worked out I like open tunings, one day I might film some of my originals and put them up on Youtube.

I haven't unleashed them on my unsuspecting bandmates, yet!!

Mwahahahahaha!

I can play Stairway to heaven,Achilles last stand,Ten Years gone,Whole lotta love,Kasmir,,Communication Breakdown,Dazed and Confused (except for the violin bow section,haha!),In The Evening ( the solo is perfect,but i have some trouble with the rhythm parts lol!),Nobody's fault but mine,All my love,Immigrant song, For your life,Good times bad times,and Tangerine.I can play these songs along with the solos,except for good times bad times which is a wonder how jimmy played that...I'm 15 and i've been playing since i was 13. So remember my friends that practice makes perfect!RAMBLE ON!!!!!!! :D

Solo's an easy one! 12th fret box G major lick with a chromatic on the B-string followed by 3rd fret G minor bend and pull off riff landing on the B on the 4th fret G string (the note with the vibrato and sustain, implying the major). The rest is basically dancing around the same; a little down here; a little up there. But it's really just alternating between the 12th and 3rd fret blues/pentatonic formats, with the typical Page use of inserting majors into pentatonic blues scales. In fact, if you can cop the licks from this solo, you've got a big chunk of Page's toolbox. With some exceptions, this format is essentially the Page style to jamming.

Sorry if that makes no sense, that's how I explain shit! :lol:

No that definitely makes sense, and the more and more that I learn Jimmy's solo's, the more and more I see how much he mixes the major/minor pentatonics, which is pretty cool. Also, I haven't ever even really looked into this solo as I just really wanted to learn the slide part (2nd slide song I learned after IMTOD), but it is a pretty cool solo and if you say its easy I'll have to give it a shot.

I can play Stairway to heaven,Achilles last stand,Ten Years gone,Whole lotta love,Kasmir,,Communication Breakdown,Dazed and Confused (except for the violin bow section,haha!),In The Evening ( the solo is perfect,but i have some trouble with the rhythm parts lol!),Nobody's fault but mine,All my love,Immigrant song, For your life,Good times bad times,and Tangerine.I can play these songs along with the solos,except for good times bad times which is a wonder how jimmy played that...I'm 15 and i've been playing since i was 13. So remember my friends that practice makes perfect!RAMBLE ON!!!!!!! :D

Hi Zoso94T! :wave: and welcome! :) Wow your repertoire sounds excellent!! Again, welcome!

hmm, lets see.

I can play these ones all the way through, solo's and all.

Stairway to Heaven

The Rain Song

Whole Lotta Love

Over The Hills and Far Away

Nobody's Fault But Mine

The Song Remains the Same

Communication Breakdown

Ramble On

Good Times Bad Times

Misty Mountin Hop

Black Dog

Tangerine

Rock and Roll

The Battle of Evermore

Going to California

Kasmir

Sick Again

Houses of the Holy

Hey Hey What can I Do

and...

Babe I'm Gonna Leave you (:

I also know alot of

Ten Years Gone

Achillies Last Stand

D'Yer Mak'er

Bron Yr Aur

Bron Y Aur Stomp

I Can't Quit you Baby

The Lemon Song

and

That's The Way

Also only 15, been playin since I was 6.

(:

Alot of these I couldn't just pick up and Rock out perfectly, I haven't played alot of them in along time, but The list will continue as i go on ! ;)

Archived