THE STYX THREAD!

Some of Suite Madame Blue sounds like Babe I am gonna leave you

How's it going "euro?" Come to think of it, "Suite Madame Blue" does sound a little bit like "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You!" I like your MOODY BLUES Thread, I love a lot of their songs. ROCK ON!

How's it going "euro?" Come to think of it, "Suite Madame Blue" does sound a little bit like "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You!" I like your MOODY BLUES Thread, I love a lot of their songs. ROCK ON!

Killer solo on Suite Madame Blue though. I remember seeing them in late 70s,had 10th floors and the solo blew me away.

As for the Moody Blues, Days of Future Passed now there is an innovative album

Killer solo on Suite Madame Blue though. I remember seeing them in late 70s,had 10th floors and the solo blew me away.

As for the Moody Blues, Days of Future Passed now there is an innovative album

How's it going "euro?" As for THE MOODY BLUES, the "DAYS OF FUTURE PASSED" album, now you're talking! I also love their albums such as "TO OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN'S CHILDREN," "ON THE THRESHOLD OF A DREAM," "IN SEARCH OF THE LOST CHORD" and "LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT 1970." ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

Tommy Shaw can play but what the hay was he thinging when he teamed up with the anti-rocker, Ted "The Stooge" Nugent? Damn, those Yankees sucked.

While I'm not exactly his biggest fan (at least currently, I was a big fan of his in the 70s), I'd say the Nuge is far from an "anti-rocker" and that the soft side of Damn Yankees came from the Styx/Night Ranger faction. Ted is the one that seemed so out of place in that band since he was never known for doing power ballads while Styx and Night Ranger most definitely were.

Too bad that whole early 90s gig with Damn Yankees seemed to get drowned out in the cacophony of Grunge.

Thank goodness for the "cacophony of Grunge". Like punk in the 70s it brought rock n' roll back to it's roots.

How's it going "Juliet?" Thank you for the valuable information. Is there any chance that you are going to be there? ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF:

I'm glad you like the info...all the shows should be great... http://www.rockthepark.ca/

I will not be able to hear/see the Saturday show but I may go to the Thursday show....won't know until closer to the day..

Juliet :coffee:

Edited by Juliet

Hi....How's it going Zeppfanforever ?

I must say I can't think of a worse band than Stynx. I only saw them once in the late 70's, and they sucked major ass. It was at the Michigan State Fairgrounds and it was free. It's pretty damning when a 17-18 year old kid walks out of a free concert, but I did. I can't think of a poorer excuse of a lead singer than Dennis De Young (sp...who cares ?). I think it's fitting that a guy named "Todd" replaced him. This is just my personal opinion, and as Steve is fond of saying, "mileage may vary", so don't take my comments personally. If I had to choose one Styx song though that I could tolerate it would have to be Miss America

Rock on Zeppfan ! Again, nothing personal ! :)

Hi ZFF:

I'm glad you like the info...all the shows should be great... http://www.rockthepark.ca/

I will not be able to hear/see the Saturday show but I may go to the Thursday show....won't know until closer to the day..

Juliet :coffee:

Hi "Juliet!" I hope all is well with you. I do hope that you make Thursday's show. Please keep me informed. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

I must say I can't think of a worse band than Stynx. I only saw them once in the late 70's, and they sucked major ass. It was at the Michigan State Fairgrounds and it was free. It's pretty damning when a 17-18 year old kid walks out of a free concert, but I did. I can't think of a poorer excuse of a lead singer than Dennis De Young (sp...who cares ?). I think it's fitting that a guy named "Todd" replaced him. This is just my personal opinion, and as Steve is fond of saying, "mileage may vary", so don't take my comments personally. If I had to choose one Styx song though that I could tolerate it would have to be Miss America

How's it going "Bong-Man?" I hope all is well with you. Thank you for your honesty, I respect your opinion. I wouldn't have it any other way. Just have five big bong loads for me. In the mean time, ROCK ON my friend!

:lol: Agreed ;)

How's it going "ninelives?" I hope the day went well for you. I agree that I should write another thread on another band but I'm not sure who it will be on. Someone mentioned LOGGINS & MESSINA while another mentioned BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE. What do you think? ROCK ON!

How's it going "ninelives?" I hope the day went well for you. I agree that I should write another thread on another band but I'm not sure who it will be on. Someone mentioned LOGGINS & MESSINA while another mentioned BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE. What do you think? ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF - day went well thanks for asking. I'm not that familiar with either of those groups so I'm not too much help :)

Actually Todd replaced the poor deceased drummer (John Panozzo), and Lawrence Gowan replaced Dennis DeYoung (thank god! LOL!! :) ). Now Lawrence...there is some talent in that boy! :) You may not think they are "Stynx" these days...or then again, you might.... :D

Sharon

ZeppFanForever--

Just curious, since you were the one that started the thread, if you have seen Styx in concert anytime over the past few years (meaning more recently, rather than "back in the day"), and just wondered what you thought of their current lineup/etc if you have seen them. :)

Sharon

Actually Todd replaced the poor deceased drummer (John Panozzo), and Lawrence Gowan replaced Dennis DeYoung (thank god! LOL!! :) ). Now Lawrence...there is some talent in that boy! :) You may not think they are "Stynx" these days...or then again, you might.... :D

Sharon

How's it going "SourceNRG?" I hope all is well with you. Thank you for bringing up the rest of the line-up changes. I do realize that STYX went through many personnel changes especially later on in their career. I only started mainly with the roots of STYX beginning in 1972 up to 1983 because it would take up a lot more writing than I already did and it would make this thread too long. I apologize for leaving the later personnel changes out of the STYX thread. ROCK ON!

ZeppFanForever--

Just curious, since you were the one that started the thread, if you have seen Styx in concert anytime over the past few years (meaning more recently, rather than "back in the day"), and just wondered what you thought of their current lineup/etc if you have seen them. :)

Sharon

How's it going again "SourceNRG?" First of all, thank you as well as everyone for your comments on this thread. Now to answer your question. I must confess, I have not seen STYX live recently since back in the day. To be truthful with you, I was not really into STYX very much in the 1970's. The only reason why I saw STYX live twice in the 1970's is because my then girlfriend Donna loved them. I liked some of their albums but I lost track of them after the 1983 release of KILROY WAS HERE. It would be 7 years later before STYX would release EDGE OF THE CENTURY in 1990. After that, it would be 9 years later before STYX would release BRAVE NEW WORLD in 1999. As you can see, I really lost track of them after 1983. In my case, It is true that you really learn to appreciate STYX later on in life especially since songs such as "Lady" and "Come Sail Away" has so much more personal meaning for me than ever. I will dig more into STYX in the later years now that I am getting more caught up and familiar with STYX. I hope that I answered your question. If not, please let me know and I will try again for you. I always try to do my best and please our readers. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going again "SourceNRG?" First of all, thank you as well as everyone for your comments on this thread. Now to answer your question. I must confess, I have not seen STYX live recently since back in the day. To be truthful with you, I was not really into STYX very much in the 1970's. The only reason why I saw STYX live twice in the 1970's is because my then girlfriend Donna loved them. I liked some of their albums but I lost track of them after the 1983 release of KILROY WAS HERE. It would be 7 years later before STYX would release EDGE OF THE CENTURY in 1990. After that, it would be 9 years later before STYX would release BRAVE NEW WORLD in 1999. As you can see, I really lost track of them after 1983. In my case, It is true that you really learn to appreciate STYX later on in life especially since songs such as "Lady" and "Come Sail Away" has so much more personal meaning for me than ever. I will dig more into STYX in the later years now that I am getting more caught up and familiar with STYX. I hope that I answered your question. If not, please let me know and I will try again for you. I always try to do my best and please our readers. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Hi ZeppFanForever!

I know what you mean about appreciating certain songs/etc later in life...I even have different appreciation for certain Zep songs now than I did "back in the day"!

And yes, you answered my question just fine...thanks! If you do get a chance to see Styx these days, I think you would enjoy their current lineup. Tommy and JY just keep Rockin'!!!, but have some excellent help doing so these days......

Sharon

Hi ZeppFanForever!

I know what you mean about appreciating certain songs/etc later in life...I even have different appreciation for certain Zep songs now than I did "back in the day"!

And yes, you answered my question just fine...thanks! If you do get a chance to see Styx these days, I think you would enjoy their current lineup. Tommy and JY just keep Rockin'!!!, but have some excellent help doing so these days......

Sharon

How's it going "SourceNRG" A.K.A. Sharon? In regards to seeing STYX today in concert, thank you for highly recommending it. Because of your excellent praise for STYX today, I am seriously contemplating seeing them live the first chance that I get. Thanks again and ROCK ON!

How's it going "SourceNRG" A.K.A. Sharon? In regards to seeing STYX today in concert, thank you for highly recommending it. Because of your excellent praise for STYX today, I am seriously contemplating seeing them live the first chance that I get. Thanks again and ROCK ON!

If you do...enjoy! And let me know what you think. :)

Sharon