THE STYX THREAD!

If you do...enjoy! And let me know what you think. :)

Sharon

How's it going "SourceNRG" A.K.A Sharon? I always hope that all is well with you. I promise you that you will be the first one to know when I see STYX. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

I have always liked Styx. They were one of the first rock bands I got into back in the early 80's.

How's it going "Melanie_72" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? This week went by fast didn't it? I hope that all is well with everyone here on the Forum.

As for you "Melanie_72," it was hard to deny the many great accomplishments and achievements that STYX contributed to the Rock n' Roll world throughout the 1970's, 1980's and beyond. All I will say, as I have continually said often, STYX'S resume consisting of their own special blend of timeless Rock Music, SPEAKS FOR ITSELF! ROCK ON!

Melanie---what got you into Styx? and what is your fave song..have you seen them live?

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I was introduced to them by my older brother, who was a big fan and was also getting more into rock music (we were all raised on R&B mostly) and remember reading about them in the magazines like Creem and Hit Parader. I have never seen them live, and it is hard for me to pick a favorite song. Among the ones I really like are: Babe, Too Much Time on My Hands, The Best of Times, Mr. Roboto, Renegade, Blue Collar Man, Lady, Come Sail Away.... those are some great ones! :D

How's it going "Melanie_72" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? This week went by fast didn't it? I hope that all is well with everyone here on the Forum.

As for you "Melanie_72," it was hard to deny the many great accomplishments and achievements that STYX contributed to the Rock n' Roll world throughout the 1970's, 1980's and beyond. All I will say, as I have continually said often, STYX'S resume consisting of their own special blend of timeless Rock Music, SPEAKS FOR ITSELF! ROCK ON!

Hey there ZFF! Yes, this is so true. Their music still sounds timeless after all these years. :D

Hi Sharon,

I was introduced to them by my older brother, who was a big fan and was also getting more into rock music (we were all raised on R&B mostly) and remember reading about them in the magazines like Creem and Hit Parader. I have never seen them live, and it is hard for me to pick a favorite song. Among the ones I really like are: Babe, Too Much Time on My Hands, The Best of Times, Mr. Roboto, Renegade, Blue Collar Man, Lady, Come Sail Away.... those are some great ones! :D

Some of those are ones I could live the rest of my life without hearing, particularly Babe, Too Much Time On my Hands, The Best of Times, Mr. Roboto and Come Sail Away. In other words, the songs Classic Rock radio has played into the ground as well as the ones that just out and out suck.

Some of those are ones I could live the rest of my life without hearing, particularly Babe, Too Much Time On my Hands, The Best of Times, Mr. Roboto and Come Sail Away. In other words, the songs Classic Rock radio has played into the ground as well as the ones that just out and out suck.

I agree Classic Rock radio has played many of these songs into the ground, but I still like them though. :D

Hi Sharon,

Hi Melanie!

thanks for your reply!

I agree with what was said later in the thread that many of these have been played into the ground unfortunately.... :(

Some of my faves are Crystal Ball, Man in the Wilderness, Foolin' Yourself (Angry Young Man), Loreli, Suite Madame Blue. Def have to say that Crystal Ball is my top fave though. Damn song brings me to tears nearly every time I hear it! :) I do have a special place in my heart for Too Much Time on my Hands, but that is a whole 'nother story as to why. :)

Sharon

Edited by SourceNRG

• 1 month later...

Saw STYX (with REO) this past Sunday night, and they are kickin' ass harder than ever. They have also added a spectacular light show to the whole tour (just wish i'd brought my sunglasses! LOL!!). For anyone that was ever a fan or is curious as to what they sound like these days, I highly recommend it......very high-energy show; makes for a fun evening!! :)

Sharon

Saw STYX (with REO) this past Sunday night, and they are kickin' ass harder than ever. They have also added a spectacular light show to the whole tour (just wish i'd brought my sunglasses! LOL!!). For anyone that was ever a fan or is curious as to what they sound like these days, I highly recommend it......very high-energy show; makes for a fun evening!! :)

Sharon

How's it going "SourceNRG" A.K.A. Sharon? I hope all is well with you and your family. As promised, I told you that I would let you know when I get my chance to see both STYX and REO SPEEDWAGON. And my chance just happened today thanks to my sister in Yuba City, California. As it turns out, my sister Linda, my daughter Lydia and a few of their friends are going to the STYX/REO SPEEDWAGON concert on Friday, 17 July 2009 at 7:30 P.M. at the Harvey's Outdoor Arena in Lake Tahoe, Nevada (Stateline, NV.). I just bought my ticket and its on the ground floor near the stage in Section 9 Row 22. According to the venue map, this is a very good view of the stage. Hell, it should be, it costs me over $180.00. It'll be great to travel back home to the Sacramento/Yuba City, California areas to visit my family and friends, I haven't been home in a little while so this is like a homecoming bash for me. On the way to Lake Tahoe, Nevada, I can just imagine how much partying we're going to be participating in since all of my, my sister's and my daughter's friends will be participating in all of the festivities all day and all night long. Hopefully, I won't party my ass off so much to a point where I do not even remember the concert. We'll just have to wait and see what happens on concert day which is on Friday, 17 July 2009. Until then, take care and ROCK ON!

Grand Illusion and Come Sail Away are two of my favorite all-time songs. But they lost me with Paradise and Mr-friggin-Roboto.

I saw them in 1978, and clearly DeYoung had taken a killer Chicago rock band and turned it into a proto-Broadway act. He might as well have been doing Phantom of the Opera!

Oh wait. He did Hunchback of Notre Dame???

My bad.

Yeah, it's like that.

Again, Madame Blue, Crystal Ball, Miss America, Boat on a River...good stuff.

How's it going "SourceNRG" A.K.A. Sharon? I hope all is well with you and your family. As promised, I told you that I would let you know when I get my chance to see both STYX and REO SPEEDWAGON. And my chance just happened today thanks to my sister in Yuba City, California. As it turns out, my sister Linda, my daughter Lydia and a few of their friends are going to the STYX/REO SPEEDWAGON concert on Friday, 17 July 2009 at 7:30 P.M. at the Harvey's Outdoor Arena in Lake Tahoe, Nevada (Stateline, NV.). I just bought my ticket and its on the ground floor near the stage in Section 9 Row 22. According to the venue map, this is a very good view of the stage. Hell, it should be, it costs me over $180.00. It'll be great to travel back home to the Sacramento/Yuba City, California areas to visit my family and friends, I haven't been home in a little while so this is like a homecoming bash for me. On the way to Lake Tahoe, Nevada, I can just imagine how much partying we're going to be participating in since all of my, my sister's and my daughter's friends will be participating in all of the festivities all day and all night long. Hopefully, I won't party my ass off so much to a point where I do not even remember the concert. We'll just have to wait and see what happens on concert day which is on Friday, 17 July 2009. Until then, take care and ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF!!

Nice to talk to you again, and hope all is well with you as well. :)

WOW--what a cool trip you have planned, with lots of family around/etc..sounds like an AWESOME time! I would recommend to try and stay at least sober enough for the concert that you remember it, as I do not think you will be dissapointed! Don't forget your sunglasses to help against those really bright lights they have now for their show! LOL! :)

I can't wait to hear what you think after you see it..please let me know! :)

Sharon

Grand Illusion and Come Sail Away are two of my favorite all-time songs. But they lost me with Paradise and Mr-friggin-Roboto.

I saw them in 1978, and clearly DeYoung had taken a killer Chicago rock band and turned it into a proto-Broadway act. He might as well have been doing Phantom of the Opera!

My bad.

Yeah, it's like that.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, take solace in the fact that they not only lost you with Mr Roboto and Dennis' stage show production idea, but they also lost Tommy (Shaw) as well. :D Hence the ultimate demise of the band at that time. :)

And you named my all time fave song of theirs..Crystal Ball.

Sharon

My bad.

Yeah, it's like that.

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Saw 'em in '78 as well on their Grand Illusion tour with UFO - wotta awesome show!

Man In The Wilderness was the encore, and to this day is one of my top 3 Styx songs.

I'm not huge into Styx, but I love the song Suite Madam Blue. And the Equinox album cover is pretty cool (and one else see a pirate ship in the middle of the ice cube......? :unsure:)

Another band that started off with a touch and art/prog, and turned into a run of the mill late 70's, early 80's arena rock band.

My bad.

Yeah, it's like that.

They were hugely popular with a group of my mates a while back. I never took to them except for a couple of songs. Madam Blue is a great one but overall, didn't do much for me.

Hi ZFF!!

Nice to talk to you again, and hope all is well with you as well. :)

WOW--what a cool trip you have planned, with lots of family around/etc..sounds like an AWESOME time! I would recommend to try and stay at least sober enough for the concert that you remember it, as I do not think you will be dissapointed! Don't forget your sunglasses to help against those really bright lights they have now for their show! LOL! :)

I can't wait to hear what you think after you see it..please let me know! :)

Sharon

How's it going "SourceNRG" A.K.A. Sharon? I always hope that life is treating you well. Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration on helping me stay sober enough to remember the concert. Thanks for yor recommendation in reference to me wearing some nice dark shades for the concert, I just bought a nice pair today. I will let you know how the concert went the minute I get back home. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON!

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Saw 'em in '78 as well on their Grand Illusion tour with UFO - wotta awesome show!

Man In The Wilderness was the encore, and to this day is one of my top 3 Styx songs.

I agree about Man in the Wilderness!!! :)

Sharon

I am in Rhode Island..where "East Coast" did you mean? :)

Sharon

Hi Sharon. I didn't want to be too specific about one's personal info on the open forum. I just wondered if you were the Sharon I know. Are you in Real Estate? :lol:

Probably not the same person I guess.

Oh well, back on topic... ;)

Hi Sharon. I didn't want to be too specific about one's personal info on the open forum. I just wondered if you were the Sharon I know. Are you in Real Estate? :lol:

Probably not the same person I guess.

Oh well, back on topic... ;)

Ev---no not in real estate. I am a holistic veterinarian. :)

savethelastdance....Paradise Theater was good--and these days, Styx still rocks as hard or harder than they ever have! :)

Sharon

PS--of course, these days, I like the whole 2 degrees of separation thing, with Ricky Phillips in the band now (bass) that used to play bass with Jimmy Page in Coverdale/Page!! So---a kinda Led Zep connection these days in Styx...well, certainly a JP connection!!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...