Tympani for the "Butter Queen"

Hang-man

Iv'e come across a couple more Cds, that i'd miss-placed called,

"Tympani for the Butter Queen". This is a "Live Gig" that has come in Vol 1, & 2. On the start of Vol 2, that starts with "Stairway" & before leading into "Dazed" a very young sounding "Percy" personaly

dedicates the next song to "His Butter Queen". When was this "Gig" & who was "She" ?? Any ideas??

She was a famous groupie.

She also was referenced in the Stones' song "Rip This Joint" http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=539:

The "Butter Queen" is a reference to a famous groupie known as "Barbara the Butter Queen." She was a very proficient groupie, and was known for using butter when servicing the rock stars and crew. The butter supposedly made her activity smell like movie theater popcorn.

Gig is Forth Worth May 19th 1973.

THANK YOU........

So here i am, wondering about these two discs, & not only do you tell me that the "Butter Queen" was a Famous Groupie,( As i Thought) but the Gig was done on my 7th Birthday, if only i could remember it!!!

Thanks again Pieter,

Hang-man.

She was a famous groupie.

I'm reading Stephen Davis "Auto" on "The Doors" at the moment, & there is a comment in their, about a "groupie" who used "Butter" for something or another, could it be the "Same Lady"?? do we know her name?? i shall go & lok it up, & see if i can "Post ot on here later.

Hang-man.

She also was referenced in the Stones' song "Rip This Joint" http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=539:

The "Butter Queen" is a reference to a famous groupie known as "Barbara the Butter Queen." She was a very proficient groupie, and was known for using butter when servicing the rock stars and crew. The butter supposedly made her activity smell like movie theater popcorn.

She changed to margarine in 1975 (according to Robert), due to the inflation. :lol:

Archived