Destroyer

robi1138

I know we're digressing from the topic (sort of) but...

In fact it's not true. That guy (AA) indeed is a strange person. However, I spoke to few others around and it seems that someone else from the behind is responsible for that weird situation. The Baton Rouge 77 for almost sure haven't been trading to anyone coz I know someone who has access to, literally speaking, everything that is in circulation, along with sources that haven't been in general trading. I asked him if he knows something about Baton Rouge tape and he said he could trade everything of what he got to get a copy of that tape. So, I cannot confirm this for sure but I strongly believe that we'll never hear this show.

Thing is, I know for a fact that Freezer did give out copies of his Baton Rouge '77 recording to a few select people (online friends of his, and no, I wasn't one of them). They even had the gall to discuss certain Plantations from the show for chrissakes in one of the huge Zeppelin discussions over at the Den. AA might not have been the sole person responsible for blowing the release of Baton Rouge '77 -I know he wasn't- but I know goddamn well he was involved. He used to shill big time for the TCOLZ boot label, and, gee, what a coincidence, they were the label who claimed they were monitoring the site the show would have been uploaded to so they could grab it and boot it- I bet ol' AA was the little birdie chirping in their ear. Hell, his TCOLZ shilling got him banned from the RO site, and I was instrumental in helping to make that happen. So, yeah, Zepster, yer friend might have a lot of stuff but they don't quite have everything. It's like the uncirculating-to-the-masses Indianapolis '77 show...another slimy motherfucker with the nickname of "Javit" bragged to me about having that recording a few years back over at RO. Again, we're still waiting for it, aren't we?

Rule number one: you have uncirculated recordings? Keep yer fuckin' mouth shut, don't even mention that you have them. You'll make a lot less enemies that way...

One note came to my mind today: AA seems to be not so right person to got access to such kind of things. He got a knowledge (beside of fact if he stolen infos from other sources or not, I don't care really at all), but I am doubt if he could get any of hoarded stuff. I'd say he was supposed to be a part of deal but never got anything that wouldn't be traded before. That TCOLZ label reminds me days when I was buying from Lighthouse team. I assume they were responsible for that shit and I am not wonderin' now why because they're Japs. Just remembering that statement of supposedly ready-to-be-liberated board tape from Seattle 75 as we never heard more of this. True hoarders never shared with any 'revelation' IMHO (as Nutrocker said).

• 2 weeks later...

One note came to my mind today: AA seems to be not so right person to got access to such kind of things. He got a knowledge (beside of fact if he stolen infos from other sources or not, I don't care really at all), but I am doubt if he could get any of hoarded stuff. I'd say he was supposed to be a part of deal but never got anything that wouldn't be traded before. That TCOLZ label reminds me days when I was buying from Lighthouse team. I assume they were responsible for that shit and I am not wonderin' now why because they're Japs. Just remembering that statement of supposedly ready-to-be-liberated board tape from Seattle 75 as we never heard more of this. True hoarders never shared with any 'revelation' IMHO (as Nutrocker said).

Now, now, no need for racism. A board of 3/21/75 would be fantastic though...

I'm curious as to when those new Destroyer boots would be available, I'm always up for hearing a different version of this show

EDIT: I wonder if these new Tarantura releases are gonna sound better than Winston's "Dr. Who" release, that's my go-to version of this show

Edited by lcondo123

• 2 years later...
On 10/7/2014 at 5:30 PM, Nutrocker said:

Hell, at this point I'll settle for the alternate, more complete audience tape for the April 28 show to come into common circulation, instead of just being in the hands of a few 'elite collectors'...

Hi NR. . reading past posts. . did this ever happen??

• 2 years later...
On 10/7/2014 at 6:30 PM, Nutrocker said:

Hell, at this point I'll settle for the alternate, more complete audience tape for the April 28 show to come into common circulation, instead of just being in the hands of a few 'elite collectors'...

...And gee, only took me almost five years to track down the fucking thing! 😄And it was worth it!

• 1 year later...

Wow…I had to scroll through ten pages of topics before I found one dealing with the "Destroyer" concert of April 27, 1977 Cleveland. I guess it is not as popular subject as I thought. Be that as it may, yesterday someone in Cleveland decided to do a podcast on the "Destroyer" bootleg and how the soundboard tape came to be, etc. You can listen here:

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/12/led-zeppelins-destroyer-how-a-1977-richfield-coliseum-show-became-an-iconic-bootleg.html?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=clevelanddotcom_sf&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR21cfMeNV8M6OZK5sbWfP6zE6kzMFucUmHOxsus35zyYD8T4I5lvwvDPUI