What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

They are cutting and edging the grounds today where I live.

It's a FUCKING National Holiday (US Memorial Day Observed)....

Don't they have anything better to do ? ? ? ?

Oh, right.... I guess it's not a Holdiay from where they are from (South of the Border, I'm sure!!)

Some people don't have the luxury of taking a holiday. Or weekends. I know some gardeners that work 6-7 days a week just to get by. I doubt they were trying to insult our fallen soldiers...just trying to feed themselves and pay the bills. And don't get me wrong - I sure don't appreciate people disrespecting others' cultures, whether it's someone visiting/moving to the U.S. or an American abroad, but in this case I don't think it's a cultural misunderstanding, just a matter of survival.

I got attacked by a bird today...that made me pretty unhappy. I swear it knew I already have a burning hatred for birds, so it decided to attack me out of all the other people going down the stairs. Yep. I wonder what the penalty is for hunting without a license...that mofo is going DOWN!

A buddy of mine's father in law has Parkinson's and he had to be put into a Nursing Home today. His father in law has been pretty brave about it but today when they took him into the place he started crying. It made me sad just hearing about it. :( :(

A buddy of mine's father in law has Parkinson's and he had to be put into a Nursing Home today. His father in law has been pretty brave about it but today when they took him into the place he started crying. It made me sad just hearing about it. :(:(

It is frustrating for someone to lose his independence. Maybe having visitors would help ease the trauma, anyone who has a soothing or reassuring effect on him.

They are cutting and edging the grounds today where I live.

It's a FUCKING National Holiday (US Memorial Day Observed)....

Don't they have anything better to do ? ? ? ?

Oh, right.... I guess it's not a Holdiay from where they are from (South of the Border, I'm sure!!)

nato doesn't recognize u.s. holidays...so reminding me of all the holidays we don't get off...yep, that made me unhappy today...thanks!

You guys are on a NATO base? And that means no holidays? That sucks!

oh, it gets better...the air force guys that run the "support unit" for the nato guys take all the u.s. holidays off and shut down the post office, bx, ect....then have the gall to send out announcements about the bbq's or whatever they are having...some support, huh?... :mad: ...freakin' take us off your list!

oh, it gets better...the air force guys that run the "support unit" for the nato guys take all the u.s. holidays off and shut down the post office, bx, ect....then have the gall to send out announcements about the bbq's or whatever they are having...some support, huh?... :mad: ...freakin' take us off your list!

That sounds bad but not as bad as having a blue vulva! :D

They're doing construction on the main road that takes me to work. It's hellish there right now. So I thought I'd be smart and take an alternate route, only to find that they're doing construction on that road too. Not sure how long this is going to last, but it can't end soon enough for me.

IE is crashing on my brand new laptop everytime I try to watch a YouTube video. It's the damned Flash add on that they haven't gotten the bug out of in the last 2 releases. I've tried everything I can think of...anyone have any ideas? It's that ocx file. Can't live with it, can't live without it.

Oh, and just general malaise and crankiness :(

Edited to correct file extention from oxc to ocx and add a whine about dyslexia ;)

Edited by Medhb

^ I know how you feel. My daughter has always been very emotional. If she's happy, she's ecstatic. But if she's upset, she's enough to make you want to jump out a window. I never tried to, but man..... she will be five in the fall and still has her moments. But for the most part, the tantrums have ended, thankfully.

I am more sad than unhappy. My oldest cat (15) started to look a bit thinner over the past couple days and today she looks sick. I am very frightened she may be dying. I hope she will improve. I can't get her to the vet until Monday.

Well, not today, yesterday...

There's something wrong with my laptop, and I'll have to claim it. And it just had to happen now, in the middle of the exam period, when I need it the most.

Thank god my bf has got two computers, otherwise I would be in deep s**t. <_<

^ I know how you feel. My daughter has always been very emotional. If she's happy, she's ecstatic. But if she's upset, she's enough to make you want to jump out a window. I never tried to, but man..... she will be five in the fall and still has her moments. But for the most part, the tantrums have ended, thankfully.

I am more sad than unhappy. My oldest cat (15) started to look a bit thinner over the past couple days and today she looks sick. I am very frightened she may be dying. I hope she will improve. I can't get her to the vet until Monday.

I'm sorry about your cat; I hope she will be ok :(

I was in a pissy mood today <_< I've been working hard, then running all over Virginia driving kids here and there evenings/weekends, not feeling 100%, running on caffeine, sweeping up dog hair every day and I'm tired and crabby. Haven't made the time to exercise recently either which would take a monumental effort, and I'm disappointed with myself for being lame in that regard. <_<

After this week, things will calm down though.

Edited by Virginia