What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Buck, that's a pain in the arse having to re-do your plans.

On the plus side, nine's right - there's plenty to do without the aid of a car.

This little bugger may be able to help you out

Linkage

Already, I've just checked that if you went from London to Aberystwyth (Wales) in August by National Express coach, you're looking at an £8 return price. Of course, that's just an example, but it's not a bad price.

Thanks for the link, longdistancewinner,

What is a good 4 to 5 star hotel to stay at in London?

I already have a reservation at the Marriott Marble Arch for the 15th of August. Not a bad rate for it. I thought it was OK for one night, but maybe I want a different location if we are staying all 10 days in London?

What would you suggest? There are some decent deals out there for hotels that are usually more expensive. I think that there is a good rate (relatively speaking) for the Mayfair.

Thanks for the link, longdistancewinner,

What is a good 4 to 5 star hotel to stay at in London?

I already have a reservation at the Marriott Marble Arch for the 15th of August. Not a bad rate for it. I thought it was OK for one night, but maybe I want a different location if we are staying all 10 days in London?

What would you suggest? There are some decent deals out there for hotels that are usually more expensive. I think that there is a good rate (relatively speaking) for the Mayfair.

Well, hotels in the capital will be more expensive than elsewhere - but that's a given.

Marriott's a good place to go to. Depending on where you'd like to be, most places in Central London will be of good quality, though relatively expensive.

Here's an Expedia link that'll hopefully help you. On a personal level, I've never spent the night in London since it's only a few hours drive away. I wish I could help you more with that one.

Expedia

If you chose the London option, along with your preferred hotel class, you should get some decent hits.

Hope that helps.

Well, hotels in the capital will be more expensive than elsewhere - but that's a given.

Marriott's a good place to go to. Depending on where you'd like to be, most places in Central London will be of good quality, though relatively expensive.

Here's an Expedia link that'll hopefully help you. On a personal level, I've never spent the night in London since it's only a few hours drive away. I wish I could help you more with that one.

Expedia

If you chose the London option, along with your preferred hotel class, you should get some decent hits.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

I think the difficult part is not knowing what is a good area of town to stay at if you have never been to the city before.

I am so sorry for your loss-seeing your avitar she was really cute, at least she passed in the arms of someone who loved her and will miss her naturally and peacefully.

I can relate after the passing of my dog, she's up there thinking of you and still loving you, she will never leave you.

Edit: What really helped me was to keep something of hers, like a toy, thinking of the times you had will realise that she had a happy life. And some pics of her too, becuase I know that the first couple of days I would burst into tears remembering Rufus who passed, having her things around will make you stronger.

Thank you for the nice words! I remember when you talked about your dog passing away and the adorable pic in your sig! Always in our hearts :)

To the following dear members: LedZep45 and Tangerine:

Led Zepp 45: I'm very sorry to hear about your beloved dog's condition. :console2:

Tangerine: I'm very sorry about your beloved pet cat, Tasha. :console2:

(I lost two pets--cats, a while ago, and I'll never get over it, never. They lived long lives--fifteen years.) :(

Thank you so much, Fan_S and i'm sorry for the loss of your cats as well. ! Reswati, thank you also for the good thoughts! I really appreciate everyone's kindness :)

Led Zepp 45, i am sorry to hear about your dog's illness. I hope your dog won't have any pain.

I received my four Creem magazines today.

But what the seller did not describe was that 2 of them had the front cover/back covers loose and 3 of them having the pages out aswell plus of them has a tear going down the spine so it cannot be stapled back together AND ebay have this thing where you cannot post a negative and neutral rating and there is a limited amount of characters that I can use to complain!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Thank you so much, Fan_S and i'm sorry for the loss of your cats as well. ! Reswati, thank you also for the good thoughts! I really appreciate everyone's kindness :)

Led Zepp 45, i am sorry to hear about your dog's illness. I hope your dog won't have any pain.

my dear tangerine, Thank you. :) I hope this helps: that it is a comfort to you later on, to know that Tasha was in your loving, comforting arms during her final moments. I wish that were true of my two toms whom I loved so much. :(

Also, Tangerine, I agree with JAL who mentioned the idea of keeping one of Tasha's cat toys (catnip ball, etc.) as a tangible comfort.

Thank you.

I think the difficult part is not knowing what is a good area of town to stay at if you have never been to the city before.

Doc, have you checked with your alma mater's alumni association? Maybe they have a trip to London planned?

Watching the sunrise after yet another night of insomnia. *sigh*

Sorry :( it's nice to see you back

My husband and kids forgot it was my birthday today. :(

:o:birthday::toast:

For me, it was our swim meet being called due to thunderstorms before it even got started (and after waiting for ~ 2 hours for it to clear up). It must have been the slowest moving storm ever. So we'll be going back Thursday. :(

Doc, have you checked with your alma mater's alumni association? Maybe they have a trip to London planned?

Hi Virginia,

You are a genius, as there is an Ohio State Alumni trip to London planned! How did you know this?

But it is for October. :slapface: I need one for August. Thanks for the tip! :)

OSU Alumni London trip

my dear tangerine, Thank you. :) I hope this helps: that it is a comfort to you later on, to know that Tasha was in your loving, comforting arms during her final moments. I wish that were true of my two toms whom I loved so much. :(

Also, Tangerine, I agree with JAL who mentioned the idea of keeping one of Tasha's cat toys (catnip ball, etc.) as a tangible comfort.

It does help because i know she felt loved as you closed her eyes for the last time :) I know she wasn't afraid and died in peace. I actually don't have any cat toys. I did years ago, but my cats stopped playing with toys many years back and whatever ones i once had are gone. I have many pictures to remember her by. It's nice that there are so many animal/pet lovers here. B) Hearing from so many has helped.

Watching the sunrise after yet another night of insomnia. *sigh*

Well, you are not the only one suffering of that, Ev....I have that from time to time myself, though the last time was incredible. I went out stoned on a bicycle at sunrise to experience bird music....which is the most complex song ever performed, hyperjazz (give it a try, birdmusic fits to any steady rhythm)

I ended up dancing to the sounds I heard and was finally able to fall asleep.

It does help because i know she felt loved as you closed her eyes for the last time :) I know she wasn't afraid and died in peace. I actually don't have any cat toys. I did years ago, but my cats stopped playing with toys many years back and whatever ones i once had are gone. I have many pictures to remember her by. It's nice that there are so many animal/pet lovers here. B) Hearing from so many has helped.

goodmorning.jpg, Tangerine!

It's morning where I am. :P

I'm glad that you have photos of Tasha. I have photos of my two toms, too. One was a gray Tabby and the other was all black. I especially love the ones where they're in mine or a family member's arms. I still think of them. It was a foggy, humid day, much like today when they were put to sleep. :(

"The fog comes on little cat's feet" ~ Carl Sandburg

Edited by Fan_S.