What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

WOW this is amazing...nobody unhappy since 11/11/15!

After working all day, then stopping at the grocery, fixing dinner for Walter Jr. and I, putting away dishes from last night, doing left over dishes from this morning, etc. I go out back to take the dog out and see our fence has blown over in a 10 foot section.  The post broke at the base.  This is with 15 min of sunlight left.  So I quickly dug a new post hole and stood the fence back up so the dog won't run through the neighborhood, etc.  I'll finish the repair tomorrow, after another day at work.....  

• 4 weeks later...

My childhood cricket hero died today, aged just 53, from a wretched disease called Cancer. Absolutely gutted. RIP Martin Crowe. 

Edited to add: To add insult to injury, I thought one of my favourite bands from modern times, was breaking up. Thank goodness that rumour turned out to be false. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

After 5 days of glorious cloud free golfing on the Algarve ( Portugal) with 20 degree temps, :suntan:, we have returned home to a foot of snow:freezing:.  Bollocks !!

Funny you should post that CP, I saw something on the news about the Buxton area and thought about you in sunny Poirtugal having to come home to all that snow.

18 hours ago, JTM said:

Funny you should post that CP, I saw something on the news about the Buxton area and thought about you in sunny Poirtugal having to come home to all that snow.

I knew it was coming. We landed at Manchester in torrential rain and wind and to be honest it was really scary. When we got home it was hail and I said to Mrs CP it will be a whiteout in the morning. Buxton was cut off as usual.

On 10/03/2016 at 2:46 PM, apantherfrommd said:

I got a call from my brother 2:30 this morning that our cousin died in Boston. He just turned 23 on Tuesday.

Andy, my sincere condolences to you and your family

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:39 PM, Stryder1978 said:

apantherfrommd,

WOW...so sorry to hear abou8t your loss.  WAAYYYY too young.  I will remember you and yours in my prayers this evening.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:00 AM, slave to zep said:

So very sorry.  That's beyond heartbreaking.   Sending healing vibes to you. 

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:37 PM, SozoZoso said:

Andy, my sincere condolences to you and your family

23 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Condolences to you and yours Andy...

I'm at a loss for words. This from you means more than words can express. Thank you all.

Edited by apantherfrommd

On 3/10/2016 at 6:46 AM, apantherfrommd said:

I got a call from my brother 2:30 this morning that our cousin died in Boston. He just turned 23 on Tuesday.

So sorry to hear this. Please accept my condolences.

On 3/10/2016 at 8:16 PM, apantherfrommd said:

You will be hearing from me very soon, Andy! :console2:I cannot even begin to imagine what you must be going through! *HUGS

My thoughts are with you, your brother and the rest of your family!

On 3/9/2016 at 6:46 AM, apantherfrommd said:

This isn't the kind of news one likes to see on a Monday morning after a great weekend. Your poor family, Andy. :console:

23! :o  That is the age you expect to hear one is graduating from college or getting married or buying a house or going on a river rafting trek.

Death at 23 can only mean misadventure or some sad circumstances. My condolences to all concerned, Andy. May your family weather the storm and heartbreak.

Play the music that heals you.

Suddenly, I don't feel like talking about college basketball.

Edited by Strider

The CP's have been catching up on some box sets on Murdoch TV. Our latest marathon has been Mad Men and really good it has been too. So we watch series 1-4 and settle in for series 5. 4 episodes in and they pull the rest of series 5 ! Not withstanding I almost had to put my joint out. Anyway I get on the old blower and wait until the sun sets before  I get through to someone who was actually born a human. " errr can you tell me why you have just deleted series 5 of Mad Men, when, and get this, you still have series 1-4 and 6-7 still available until 2017? The response was truly baffling. "yes Mr CP the license has expired for that particular series"  "So let me get this correct. The license has expired for a series bang in the middle of a box set and so we can watch 1-4 and 6-7?" "Yes that is correct" And I thought dope smokers were the the only ones stoned!