What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Less serious than the last few posts. But 2 members of my family have had a biggish kick-off. OTT things said to each other. Just over a petty disagreement. Really pathetic when bad things can happen at any time. Goes on far too often in my family. Thankfully i am just a observer right now. It will stay that way.

• 2 weeks later...

My Goldfrapp cd has not been delivered. It was released today. The company who were officially dealing with them. Signed etc. Seem to have made a right mess of getting them out to fans. Nobody who pre-ordered from them have received their cd or vinyl. It is ridiculous. HMV have got theirs to people. And it is on sale in a supermarket that i went in. Not happy one bit. Hope it comes in the morning.

The reaper has been very cruel lately.  I used to want to live to be 100.....but when you get older you realize that means that almost everyone you knew will be gone.  On-line friends, childhood friends, neighbors, work-mates, relatives.  I've been shying away from going to some services since Dad passed, but I know that's not right.  I just know myself well enough to stay away from the tail-spin for a bit.

Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more no!

Carry on,
You will always remember
Carry on,
Nothing equals the splendor
Now your life's no longer empty
Surely heaven waits for you

On 4/10/2017 at 10:59 AM, Bong-Man said:

The reaper has been very cruel lately.  I used to want to live to be 100.....but when you get older you realize that means that almost everyone you knew will be gone.  On-line friends, childhood friends, neighbors, work-mates, relatives.  I've been shying away from going to some services since Dad passed, but I know that's not right.  I just know myself well enough to stay away from the tail-spin for a bit.

Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more no!

Carry on,
You will always remember
Carry on,
Nothing equals the splendor
Now your life's no longer empty
Surely heaven waits for you

Are you that old ? Get as old as me  lol

Tail Spins - Nose dives ... all the same.

Edited by Wally Hood
I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

10 hours ago, Wally Hood said:

Are you that old ? Get as old as me  lol

Tail Spins - Nose dives ... all the same.

Late 50's I am.  Some days I feel 20.....other days I'm ready for a room at American House.  In America, we call that a retirement home.  In Canada, it's a shitty whiskey in a plastic bottle.     

41 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Late 50's I am.  Some days I feel 20.....other days I'm ready for a room at American House.  In America, we call that a retirement home.  In Canada, it's a shitty whiskey in a plastic bottle.     

We call it that too. It's a place where all your hard earned cash goes and you even have to sell your house to get in one. 

On 3/31/2017 at 3:23 PM, craigled said:

My Goldfrapp cd has not been delivered. It was released today. The company who were officially dealing with them. Signed etc. Seem to have made a right mess of getting them out to fans. Nobody who pre-ordered from them have received their cd or vinyl. It is ridiculous. HMV have got theirs to people. And it is on sale in a supermarket that i went in. Not happy one bit. Hope it comes in the morning.

Did it ever arrive? I bought mine the first weekend it was released. More "Black Cherry" than "Felt Mountain" in sound.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Did it ever arrive? I bought mine the first weekend it was released. More "Black Cherry" than "Felt Mountain" in sound.

Yeah. I got it the day after. A lot of people who ordered through Music Glue were made to wait. Even longer than the extra day that i had. For me 1 day was worth it. This because it was signed. Will wrote, Hi, Will. The postcard set is brilliant. Way happy.

Feeling a little empty this spring with both the L.A. Lakers and L.A. Kings missing the playoffs. It is rare occurrence for both teams to miss their respective league's playoffs the same year. 

April and May and June will feel very lonely this year. There's only baseball now to keep me company.