What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

Going down the isle of a store and seeing all of these Father's Day cards. This is the first year...    

I sure do miss my Dad.

Hang in there man! I dealt with several family tragedies a few years ago, so I kinda understand how you're feeling. Sending thoughts your way! :console2:

On 6/10/2017 at 3:32 AM, ZepHead315 said:

My internet connection is the worst it has ever been. I've been disconnected multiple times for no reason and I have to keep on refreshing pages almost constantly. It took me about 15 minutes just to download one song. This really sucks! :mad:

Fifteen minutes !!!!, in the mid nineties it sometimes took nearly two hours to download a three minute song nowadays I can get a two hour show in less than two minutes.

• 1 month later...

At least where I live, when tickets go on sale for a concert, tickets are all sold at different set prices depending on the section you want, then the scalpers buy their tickets, and then jack up the prices, which, if you are buying online at live nation, are allowed to sell them online on live nation's website along with the regularly priced seats (which I think is wrong, but I understand that and am not bitching about that here), but what upsets me is when I try to buy the closest regularly priced seat online at live nation's website, and a week later I look again, and they have much closer regularly priced seats. It's deceptive.

I guess I will try to contact live nation and bitch, but doubt I will get anywhere since ticket purchases are non-refundable. My seat is not too bad to begin with.

Edited by luvlz2

^^ I guess tickets are refundable through ticketmaster up to 72 hours or something, but I was able to exchange my ticket and move up a section, from section 203 to section 103 for Deep Purple and Alice Cooper so I'm pretty stoked!

1 hour ago, Walter said:

What's in it, if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all Walter, here it is:

large.jpg?1496915854

The Limited Edition Box Set Includes:
8 x vinyl LPs meticulously reproduced in their original sleeves, re-mastered by renowned mastering engineer Andy Pearce from the original tapes and pressed on 180 gram splatter-coloured vinyl, each LP with unique and individual colouring.

• BLACK SABBATH
• PARANOID
• MASTER OF REALITY (including original fold-out colour poster)
• VOL. 4
• SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH
• SABOTAGE
• TECHNICAL ECSTASY
• NEVER SAY DIE!

2 x rare 7” singles, reproduced in their original sleeves: 
Japanese version of Evil Woman (Don’t Play Your Games With Me)/Black Sabbath.
Chilean version of Paranoid/The Wizard (only 100 copies of the original radio promo were pressed).

Crucifix shaped Black Sabbath USB stick, exclusive to this box set, which can be worn round the neck and contains MQA high definition audio of the first eight Black Sabbath albums. 
The extremely rare The Ten Year War brochure, reproduced from the original publication.
Hardback book, featuring accolades from the cream of rock royalty, coupled with official and candid iconic photography of the band during their 1970s tours, recording sessions and photo-shoots. 
Tenth Anniversary World Tour 1978 Official Programme, impeccably reproduced.
Reprinted tour poster from the 1972 Seattle Centre Arena show.

Box set cover art has been created by globally renowned street artist Shepard Fairey

· Exclusive Shepard Fairey art print included with this limited edition version

All box sets are individually numbered

2 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

large.jpg?1496915854

8 x vinyl LPs meticulously reproduced in their original sleeves, re-mastered by renowned mastering engineer Andy Pearce from the original tapes and pressed on 180 gram splatter-coloured vinyl, each LP with unique and individual colouring.

• BLACK SABBATH
• PARANOID
• VOL. 4
• SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH
• SABOTAGE
• TECHNICAL ECSTASY
• NEVER SAY DIE!

Chilean version of Paranoid/The Wizard (only 100 copies of the original radio promo were pressed).

Crucifix shaped Black Sabbath USB stick, exclusive to this box set, which can be worn round the neck and contains MQA high definition audio of the first eight Black Sabbath albums. 
The extremely rare The Ten Year War brochure, reproduced from the original publication.
Hardback book, featuring accolades from the cream of rock royalty, coupled with official and candid iconic photography of the band during their 1970s tours, recording sessions and photo-shoots. 

Box set cover art has been created by globally renowned street artist Shepard Fairey

:thumbsup:   I can see why you're unhappy. 

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Bad news, I read a while back that vandals had wrecked the place, now this. Such a shame..

Exactly. A piece of music history has been destroyed. I cannot understand why someone could not just take the place under their wing and restore it! Easier said than done, but when there's a will, there's a way. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:28 PM, Walter said:

Tough date in my world, today. Exactly 9 years ago I lost my father to cancer and exactly 19 years ago I lost my step-father to a sudden heart attack.  I hate to think what might happen this date next year...

75 this year, right? August 24th. My birthday, as well as a HUGE loss to you. I'm so sorry for the loss you, your mother and others have to suffer. I'm sorry it was on my B-Day as well.

You and I are fortunate. What our fathers have instilled in us, gives them a longer life through us. It doesn't make the pain of loss any less. Nor the loss any worse...It does give us hope that they will continue to live on and on through us and those that come after us. This is the breath of life.

Peace and condolance to you, Chuck. Chin up. :) 

Edited by apantherfrommd

On 8/6/2017 at 9:11 AM, BledZabbath said:

large.jpg?1496915854

• BLACK SABBATH
• PARANOID
• VOL. 4
• SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH
• SABOTAGE
• TECHNICAL ECSTASY
• NEVER SAY DIE!

Really is nice with the splattered vinyl. Unless I am looking in the wrong places, it looks like you can't even buy this if you live in the U.S.

Edited by luvlz2