What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Hash cookies are fine and you can cook with ganja of course. Be really careful when cooking with any cannabis products as they can be very strong and can cause what we call "whities". This is when your blood sugar drops quickly and you basically have a very uncomfortable half hour or so. I have had a few in my time and it is not pleasant. Never eat or smoke dope on an empty stomach. if you do start to feel unwell, sweet tea helps or something sweet to eat. The net of course is a library of advice but as I said I am a recreational imbiber and not for medical reasons.

Jules: Arthritis, a friend takes Greenlip Mussel powder, so does Mrs CP, now that really does work. If you haven't I seriously advise you to. Anyway it's legal but won't make a good joint ;)

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Hash cookies are fine and you can cook with ganja of course. Be really careful when cooking with any cannabis products as they can be very strong and can cause what we call "whities". This is when your blood sugar drops quickly and you basically have a very uncomfortable half hour or so. I have had a few in my time and it is not pleasant. Never eat or smoke dope on an empty stomach. if you do start to feel unwell, sweet tea helps or something sweet to eat. The net of course is a library of advice but as I said I am a recreational imbiber and not for medical reasons.

Jules: Arthritis, a friend takes Greenlip Mussel powder, so does Mrs CP, now that really does work. If you haven't I seriously advise you to. Anyway it's legal but won't make a good joint ;)

Hash cookies? Interesting. I'll need to get in touch for a recipe. I'm talking about someone frail that already has a compromised immune system.

I'm wondering if adding more sugar to the recipe could offset the "whities".

Thank you very much, CP.

• 2 weeks later...

Plane crash that has taken the lives of at least 71, in Colombia.  Prayers go out to the family and friends of the deceased.

Prayers also go out to those injured at Ohio State.  Glad the psycho didn't do any more damage than he did and was taken out. 

Edited by Walter

1 minute ago, Ddladner said:

^^^ The plane crash is terribly sad.

Wildfires burning in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.  Lots of great memories there.

Yes, the fires in Tennessee and North Carolina are both heartbreaking and terrifying.  Prayers go out to those affected in those areas as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The amount of people homeless and/or begging on the streets of my home City. I was in Manchester yesterday doing a spot of shopping and was shocked at this. OK i understand in this climate of selfishness and Tory cost cutting ( to fund the rich), but to be hassled by aggressive beggars well, beggars belief. Many of them were stretched out in their bags right by cash points and surprise surprise not one person was using the machines to get money. It was a total disgrace. Many were foreign and the amount of large bottles of cheap cider next to them hardly made me dip into my pocket. I thought begging was against the law in this country but maybe now it's tolerated? But what really gets me is that if you start busking the cops move you on !!! I mean what the fuck? I love my home City but if the authorities continue to allow this then for me it's a no go to place

• Off Notify me of replies

2 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

My entire family falling ill during the Christmas period. 

sorry to hear that Kiwi. I hope you all get better before Christmas.  Everyone at work has the flu so i have my fingers crossed I dont get it to.

5 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Oh no! What happened, Kiwi? I know you hold your family near and dear to your heart. I'm saddened that they have fallen ill, regardless of the season.

I see an acupuncturist for therapy. I was sick a few weeks back. She recommended Chicken Bone Broth with ginger and spring onions cut and thrown in. I'm not sure what "falling ill" means, but I followed instructions, and it sure did help me a few weeks back.

My goodness! I hope they get better soon, Kiwi. Bless your heart.

Edited by apantherfrommd

1 minute ago, kipper said:

sorry to hear that Kiwi. I hope you all get better before Christmas.  Everyone at work has the flu so i have my fingers crossed I dont get it to.

Thanks, kipper! That means a lot. :) 

My family and I are experiencing a horrid bout of the Stomach Flu. On Friday, out of a total of 20 people, 12 of my co-workers called in sick and chose to work from home. Then, as the day wore on, I started to feel really ill. I couldn't eat lunch. I barely had any thing to eat for breakfast. I informed my boss and left work at around 3 PM. 

Be careful and take care of yourself, man! Don't let the flu get you. It's like folks all over the world, are sick with the flu! :wacko: 

14 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

Oh no! What happened, Kiwi? I know you hold your family near and dear to your heart. I'm saddened that they have fallen ill, regardless of the season.

I see an acupuncturist for therapy. I was sick a few weeks back. She recommended Chicken Bone Broth with ginger and spring onions cut and thrown in. I'm not sure what "falling ill" means, but I followed instructions, and it sure did help me a few weeks back.

My goodness! I hope they get better soon, Kiwi. Bless your heart.

Thanks, Andy! That is so sweet of you! :) 

It seems like this holiday season is the flu season! I'm sure you know how horrid the stomach flu can be. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that 13 of us (my co-workers and I) out of a total of 20 people, fell ill at the same time, on the same day! :wacko: 

On Monday, my dad fell ill with the Stomach flu. Then on Wednesday, it was my turn. I thought I recovered on Thursday (I felt like the symptoms had eased), but no such luck. I could barely make it through Friday and had to leave work at 3 PM. The office had reduced to 7 people when I left! Sheesh! And now, my poor mom is sick. :( 

My dad has since recovered and I am just limping along. 

I hope you and your loved ones are doing well. I'm glad you recovered from your illness! 

Do take care of yourself and stay warm, man! Don't let the flu get you!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

13/20?! That's too many people! Trust me, I didn't like something called Bone Broth, but my acupuncturist is also an herbalist. It did work.

I'm not sure if it would help with your dad. But it could. Yeah, it's a nasty persistent one this year Kiwi.

200.gif

Hugs, Kiwi!

I hope you and yours get to feeling better soon. I wish you, your family and friends peace, joy and most of all better health.

Merry Christmas. Please get better and stay healthy! Hugs.

1 hour ago, apantherfrommd said:

13/20?! That's too many people! Trust me, I didn't like something called Bone Broth, but my acupuncturist is also an herbalist. It did work.

I'm not sure if it would help with your dad. But it could. Yeah, it's a nasty persistent one this year Kiwi.

200.gif

Hugs, Kiwi!

I hope you and yours get to feeling better soon. I wish you, your family and friends peace, joy and most of all better health.

Merry Christmas. Please get better and stay healthy! Hugs.

Thank you so very much, Andy! Hugs to you too! Hope you and your loved ones have a happy, healthy and peaceful holiday season! :santa: 

Merry Christmas to you too! Thanks again for the wonderful sentiment! I really appreciate it! :friends: 

2.JPG

On 12/23/2016 at 8:58 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Oh dear, Kiwi. Bad batch of curry? ;)

One benefit is there won't need to be so much cooking done during the holiday with all of you sick in bed, gulping liquids and soup. May whatever ails y'all pass quickly and you are right as rain again in time for the New Year celebrations. Get well soon. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

56 minutes ago, Strider said:

One benefit is there won't need to be so much cooking done during the holiday with all of you sick in bed, gulping liquids and soup. May whatever ails y'all pass quickly and you are right as rain again in time for the New Year celebrations. Get well soon. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Certainly does if you have Delhi belly ! ;)

18 hours ago, craigled said:

Hope they get better soon Kiwi. I am unhappy that my Brother did not come to see us today. He has things on. But i think he could have tried harder to come. Not even rang either. Still, The rest came.

Thanks, mate! :) 

Sorry about your brother not visiting! Hope you and the rest of your family have a wonderful Christmas! :santa: 

3 hours ago, Strider said:

LOL! I wish, Strider! :lol::P 

What really disturbs me is that we still haven't narrowed down the food source of this beastly infection, but my mom and I suspect that it is one of the veggies that she and I use to make the salad we have, every night! Ugh! No more salad (at least for a little while!). I am just thrilled to report that my mom is on the mend. I was really worried about her. The poor thing couldn't even have a sip of water without feeling nauseous! 

Thanks for the lovely sentiment, Strider! I really appreciate it! :friends: Hope you have a joyous Christmas with your family! :santa: 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Get well soon sis

Thank you so much, CP! :friends:Wishing you and Mrs. CP, a Merry Christmas! Hope you're having a great holiday season! 

The symptoms have eased since yesterday. In fact, I'm actually craving for some Chinese take away for dinner tonight.

I was scared to eat anything, all this time. Been living on curd and apple juice, since Friday. 

I'm also happy to report that my mom is on the mend. :D