Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Rover

What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

4,015 posts in this topic

Less serious than the last few posts. But 2 members of my family have had a biggish kick-off. OTT things said to each other. Just over a petty disagreement. Really pathetic when bad things can happen at any time. Goes on far too often in my family. Thankfully i am just a observer right now. It will stay that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Goldfrapp cd has not been delivered. It was released today. The company who were officially dealing with them. Signed etc. Seem to have made a right mess of getting them out to fans. Nobody who pre-ordered from them have received their cd or vinyl. It is ridiculous. HMV have got theirs to people. And it is on sale in a supermarket that i went in. Not happy one bit. Hope it comes in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Well, one of my co-workers, who subsequently became a good friend of mine, decided to leave the company today. I am really going to miss her, but thankfully, there are numerous ways to stay in touch. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having to miss so many concerts lately...Dwight Yoakam & X, Patti Smith, Tinariwen, Diamanda Galas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reaper has been very cruel lately.  I used to want to live to be 100.....but when you get older you realize that means that almost everyone you knew will be gone.  On-line friends, childhood friends, neighbors, work-mates, relatives.  I've been shying away from going to some services since Dad passed, but I know that's not right.  I just know myself well enough to stay away from the tail-spin for a bit.

  Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more no!

Carry on,
You will always remember
Carry on,
Nothing equals the splendor
Now your life's no longer empty
Surely heaven waits for you
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tv is buffering like mad. Could not watch the Arsenal match too good. I think one of the wires is to blame. They are fixing it tomorrow after tea. Not happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 4/10/2017 at 10:59 AM, Bong-Man said:

The reaper has been very cruel lately.  I used to want to live to be 100.....but when you get older you realize that means that almost everyone you knew will be gone.  On-line friends, childhood friends, neighbors, work-mates, relatives.  I've been shying away from going to some services since Dad passed, but I know that's not right.  I just know myself well enough to stay away from the tail-spin for a bit.

  Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more no!

Carry on,
You will always remember
Carry on,
Nothing equals the splendor
Now your life's no longer empty
Surely heaven waits for you
 

Are you that old ? Get as old as me  lol

Tail Spins - Nose dives ... all the same.

Edited by Wally Hood
I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wally Hood said:

Are you that old ? Get as old as me  lol

Tail Spins - Nose dives ... all the same.

Late 50's I am.  Some days I feel 20.....other days I'm ready for a room at American House.  In America, we call that a retirement home.  In Canada, it's a shitty whiskey in a plastic bottle.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Late 50's I am.  Some days I feel 20.....other days I'm ready for a room at American House.  In America, we call that a retirement home.  In Canada, it's a shitty whiskey in a plastic bottle.     

We call it that too. It's a place where all your hard earned cash goes and you even have to sell your house to get in one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

un-happy due to mindless mindfulness..............metal health issues (on going)     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

surely going underrated shit going to keep on going full of utter shit.......................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just heard the huge amount of FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2017 at 3:23 PM, craigled said:

My Goldfrapp cd has not been delivered. It was released today. The company who were officially dealing with them. Signed etc. Seem to have made a right mess of getting them out to fans. Nobody who pre-ordered from them have received their cd or vinyl. It is ridiculous. HMV have got theirs to people. And it is on sale in a supermarket that i went in. Not happy one bit. Hope it comes in the morning.

Did it ever arrive? I bought mine the first weekend it was released. More "Black Cherry" than "Felt Mountain" in sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strider said:

Did it ever arrive? I bought mine the first weekend it was released. More "Black Cherry" than "Felt Mountain" in sound.

Yeah. I got it the day after. A lot of people who ordered through Music Glue were made to wait. Even longer than the extra day that i had. For me 1 day was worth it. This because it was signed. Will wrote, Hi, Will. The postcard set is brilliant. Way happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling a little empty this spring with both the L.A. Lakers and L.A. Kings missing the playoffs. It is rare occurrence for both teams to miss their respective league's playoffs the same year. 

April and May and June will feel very lonely this year. There's only baseball now to keep me company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now