I KNOW THIS WILL HAVE BEEN ASKED BEFORE

It's a symbol for Saturn (Page's ruling planet). It can be found in the book The Grand Grimoire (aka Red Dragon). The symbols on his costumes are also his astrological symbols for Sun, Moon and Rising signs according to his astrological chart. Contrary to common belief, he neither designed nor artistically embellish the "Zoso" symbol.

From the centuries old book:

ZosoHighlighted.jpg

How many times do poeple have to ask the same Q over and over and over again and every single time poeple say that no-one (except Jimmy) knows the answer yet it keeps coming up!

It's starting to piss me off a bit now.

And if you know that this has been answered why not do a SEARCH instead of making a new thread?

Welcome to the forum :)

Hi y'all, first time poster, go easy on me.

Can anyone tell me (no, don't guess!!) FOR CERTAIN what the Jimmy Page "Zoso" symbol means??

I have heard various rumours, can anyone nail this?

Hi 'pikecatcher' and All you other ZOSO freaks,

The answer to your question is "NO"

So if you have a couple of days to spare, you can go to this link,

http://www.scribd.com/doc/415908/banned-Di...-sigils-symbols

(I would have downloaded it for you all but its over 400 pages. :wtf: )

and find the answer for all of us so all the discussion can end, but do we really want it to end? and if we eventually do get to know the answer will it not take away some of the Mystique, (if not all of it), of the Mystery of the Symbol ZOSO, Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin?

I for one dont want, or need to know anything other than what Jimmy himself has or will say about it, I like the Mystery of it all and I hope it stays that way but I have no objection if others want to go on a "Wild Goose Chase" and find out for themselves.

At the end of the day its a Symbol, its not Indiana Jones going on a Crusade to find the "Ark of the Covenant" is it?

Or is it?

And remember this my friend, you might just find the true meaning of the ZOSO symbol, but unlike Mr Jones it may cost you your life, and then we will never know the true meaning will we?

Maybe that has been the fate of all the others that have tried, you still interested?

zoso.jpg

Regards Danny

PS, Sorry if I scared anyone, didnt mean too. ;)

How many times do poeple have to ask the same Q over and over and over again and every single time poeple say that no-one (except Jimmy) knows the answer yet it keeps coming up!

It's starting to piss me off a bit now.

And if you know that this has been answered why not do a SEARCH instead of making a new thread?

Welcome to the forum :)

With very few exceptions, virtually every question you could ask was answered long ago on Electric Magick. One might as well have bookmarked it as a reference source if they only wanted a topic posted once. But this is a forum. New threads of old questions are inevitable. Believe me, the Zoso topic coming up over and over pissed me off in 2004! I've since learned not to let it bother me. Just roll with it! ;)

Regarding Danny's post, I understand the wish to preserve the mystique, and I respect that. So no offense intended Danny. ;)

Pike, I'll save you the couple of days. It's on page 201 of the Dictionary Danny linked, under Cardan 1557. Again, it's a symbol for Saturn.

As for what it means in the book, it's an alchemical sigil representing Saturn. In alchemy, Saturn planet symbols are seen in texts as governing the metal lead, which is one of the symbols for dark prime matter. Understood as having nefarious overtones, Saturn plays an important role in more sinister alchemical processes. On the other hand, Saturn represents order, strictures, and a gravitational pull to balance and moderation. Alchemist's understood that Saturn had a very "take matters into hand" energy and utilized this essence in practice as well.

Regarding Danny's post, I understand the wish to preserve the mystique, and I respect that. So no offense intended Danny. ;)

Pike, I'll save you the couple of days. It's on page 201 of the Dictionary Danny linked, under Cardan 1557. Again, it's a symbol for Saturn.

As for what it means in the book, it's an alchemical sigil representing Saturn. In alchemy, Saturn planet symbols are seen in texts as governing the metal lead, which is one of the symbols for dark prime matter. Understood as having nefarious overtones, Saturn plays an important role in more sinister alchemical processes. On the other hand, Saturn represents order, strictures, and a gravitational pull to balance and moderation. Alchemist's understood that Saturn had a very "take matters into hand" energy and utilized this essence in practice as well.

Hi Ev,

No offence taken, ever, but what I say is this, let those that want to delve, delve, but dont keep giving them all the answers, let them sweat and toil and troll around like we did for decades looking for what we knew.

If someone askes a question, and that question has been answered many times before, then put them on the trail, but dont make it too easy for them, they really need to sweat it out mate.

You really know your stuff Ev, now I would like to post all the Star signs together with all the Planet Signs and then we could all make up our own "Symbols" but that would go against the Mystique that I love so much about the band, so I wont.

Nice to see you back, Kind Regards, Danny

Why?

If a question has been asked many times before, and an answer has been provided, I don't see the problem in having it bookmarked, so that the person could be directed to the information, and everyone else wouldn't end up in the same conversations over and over.

If the answer is out there, I don't see the value in demanding that people reinvent the wheel for themselves every time. Just give them the bloody information! :D

Why?

If a question has been asked many times before, and an answer has been provided, I don't see the problem in having it bookmarked, so that the person could be directed to the information, and everyone else wouldn't end up in the same conversations over and over.

If the answer is out there, I don't see the value in demanding that people reinvent the wheel for themselves every time. Just give them the bloody information! :D

What she said :D

Nice to see you back, Kind Regards, Danny

Thanks Danny! Nice to see you too! :beer:

Personally, I just blast the answer out there so that the people who get exasperated by the repeated question don't have to suffer the incessant bumping of the topic! :lol:

Oops, guilty! :slapface::lol:

Why?

Hi Aqua, 9,

"Why?" Because the answer is not out there, it is a Mystery, so you have to decipher it for yourself. I have the opinion that there is something more that what has been scratched from the surface about the meaning of "Jimmys ZOSO Symbol".

And i'm also of the opinion that they will get more satisfaction by finding it for out themselves, that have someone being just "directed to the information" if you wanna keep the link on it then do it, just dont expect me or anyone else too.

If you wanna know the Secrets of the Occult you have to pay, either in Blood or with Time, as I cant have Blood, Time will have too do wont it?

And if you get in my way again i'll turn you in to something "Unholy". :lol:

Regards, Danny

Thanks Danny! Nice to see you too! :beer:

Personally, I just blast the answer out there so that the people who get exasperated by the repeated question don't have to suffer the incessant bumping of the topic! :lol:

Oops, guilty! :slapface::lol:

Hi Ev,

And I just like to play, it can get way too serious on here sometimes, I just like too lighten people up a little and spread a little humor, some dont get it, others like you do.

Anyway there are enough people with knowledge about Music in General, Zeppelin, and other shit too bury me underground untill the end of time, so I leave all that talk to those that know, like you and those other freaks that play like they sold their "Souls to Satan" :lol:

Buy the way, how did you get so good mate, i've been playing since the 70s and i'm nowhere near to your level, and dont tell me practice, i'm still doing that one.

Maybe i'll post my "Symbol" on here soon, its quite like Jimmys, well we were born under the same Star Sign, oh shit, i've given away too much already. :buttsmack: "The Hellhounds at my Door"

Anyway, nice to talk mate, and for you, :beer:

Regards, Danny

I'm already something unholy, so no probs there. ;)

I also teach, and it's true that there are some things that people need to find out for themselves--other things, you just teach them. 2+2=4 --it's a lot better to teach somebody that than wait for them to figure out the concept of addition and then grope their way toward an answer. In other words, just tell them!! Same with stuff like this. The parts of it that are open to interpretation, point them toward the info and let them make their own interpretation. But point them toward the info! I don't see any value in being picky about who gets to know it and how.

Hi Aqua, 9,

"Why?" Because the answer is not out there, it is a Mystery, so you have to decipher it for yourself. I have the opinion that there is something more that what has been scratched from the surface about the meaning of "Jimmys ZOSO Symbol".

And i'm also of the opinion that they will get more satisfaction by finding it for out themselves, that have someone being just "directed to the information" if you wanna keep the link on it then do it, just dont expect me or anyone else too.

If you wanna know the Secrets of the Occult you have to pay, either in Blood or with Time, as I cant have Blood, Time will have too do wont it?

And if you get in my way again i'll turn you in to something "Unholy". :lol:

Regards, Danny

Hey Danny,

I hear what you're saying - for me I feel good if I can help someone out. People have been kind enough to post answers to questions they readily know and if I can do the same, why not. To each is own as they say :)

Aqua, 9,

No you dont hear what I say, if you did hear me you would know that I already knew that other people had or were going to post and directed them to what they were looking for.

I directed them to the book of "Dictionary of Occult Hermetic Alchemical Sigils and Symbols" which has so much more than "Jimmy's Symbol" to offer them, then they will get a much broader picture to ingraciate their knowledge of the "Occult".

I aint here to teach people to suck eggs, they already know the English Language and are able to scroll down a page or 400, they are not retards are they?

So now you have got me angry, right, Aqua, FAZAZZZZZ, your now a Lizard, and 9, Yallah-ahalla, your now a Cat, with "Eightlives" left, and you only have yourselves to blame. :witch:

So I had already done what you have asked me too do, so now we understand ourselves dont we? now I can get back to humor and entertaining the troops and you can get back to watching me doing it, well you can if I take off the spell, Wallah, now your with us again, I hope you both have learned you lessons?

If not I wont be so kind next time, because for you there wont be a next time HA HA HA HA HA HA. :console2:

Kind Regards, Danny

What the hell is your problem? :huh:

The poster didn't want to know all about the occult, he just wanted to know about Jimmy's symbol. You're just saying what you think he ought to know and showing off your own knowledge, which isn't a very helpful attitude. And yes, I did understand EXACTLY what you were saying. Ha ha ha.

What the hell is your problem? :huh:

The poster didn't want to know all about the occult, he just wanted to know about Jimmy's symbol. You're just saying what you think he ought to know and showing off your own knowledge, which isn't a very helpful attitude. And yes, I did understand EXACTLY what you were saying. Ha ha ha.

Hey Aqua, I dont have a problem, the problems yours, he asked for, and I quote,

"Can anyone tell me (no, don't guess!!) FOR CERTAIN what the Jimmy Page "Zoso" symbol means??"

and I answered, and I quote,

"The answer to your question is "NO" "

So I answered his question, Jimmy Page's Symbol "ZOSO" has meaning only to Jimmy Page, anything else is pure speculation, agreed?

So I then gave him a link to follow if he wanted too, I wasnt going to trawl through 400+ pages of a book for him just to say "thanks," he didnt ask for proof only if we knew, which we dont do we? "not for certain" anyways, do we?

Aqua, we OK now? are we sorted?

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, dont forget the humor, please. :kiss: and make up.

Hi Ev,

And I just like to play, it can get way too serious on here sometimes, I just like too lighten people up a little and spread a little humor, some dont get it, others like you do.

Anyway there are enough people with knowledge about Music in General, Zeppelin, and other shit too bury me underground untill the end of time, so I leave all that talk to those that know, like you and those other freaks that play like they sold their "Souls to Satan" :lol:

Buy the way, how did you get so good mate, i've been playing since the 70s and i'm nowhere near to your level, and dont tell me practice, i'm still doing that one.

Maybe i'll post my "Symbol" on here soon, its quite like Jimmys, well we were born under the same Star Sign, oh shit, i've given away too much already. :buttsmack: "The Hellhounds at my Door"

Anyway, nice to talk mate, and for you, :beer:

Regards, Danny

Danny,

Not sure quite where you're going with "play like they sold their soul to Satan". Maybe you didn't mean me directly. Personally I don't buy that line at all. Jimmy is a Knight of the Order of Thelema. That's not a mystery. He's listed in their charter. But I don't buy "they" collectively took blood oaths or any of that nonsense. However that does open up the whole question of occultism; Satan vs Lucifer the Lightbearer, Egyptian paganism, Isis, Thoth, and a whole host of other beliefs and disciplines. That's the stuff people need to research themselves and draw their own conclusions from. Therein lay the mystery, and the challenge, and for some, the adventure. If they can be bothered.

Ev :beer:

Archived