Zeppelin to play in Tennessee?

annie1whoknows

Zeppemail.jpg

I got this in my email this morning! Anybody else heard anything about it? I can't help but be excited! :yay:

That is bullshit from a ticket broker just looking to cash in. I made the mistake of signing up to gotickets.com when I saw a "Led Zeppelin 2008 Tour" announcement on an unofficial Plant site several weeks ago. In addition, Bonnaroo has made an official announcement denying Zeppelin's appearance at their festival next year. Once the actual London concert is over, then I expect we will hear some official word as to whether Zeppelin will be playing any more dates or not.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003680943

Bonnaroo Promoters Quash Lineup Rumors

led_zeppelin_01l.gif

Led Zeppelin

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

After a rumor that Led Zeppelin and Metallica would headline the 2008 Bonnaroo festival caused an Internet frenzy in the past 48 hours, the event's promoters have spoken out to quash the reports.

"The rumors that are out there about the Bonnaroo 2008 headliners are inaccurate," Superfly Presents and A.C. Entertainment said in a statement released to Billboard.com. "We're very excited about the lineup that we're putting together for this year's festival. We'll be announcing the confirmed lineup toward the end of January/beginning of February.

The source of the Zeppelin/Metallica rumor was an anonymous email included last week in industry commentator Bob Lefsetz's newsletter.

Led Zeppelin will play its only planned show Dec. 10 in London as part of a tribute to late Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun.

Archived