Logan Plant

I'm curious about Plant's son Logan. Ive heard so much about his voice but have yet to see any videos and such. I was wondering if anyone has a link to him really showing off his vocals (preferably a Led Zeppelin cover if a video exist).

thx

Their myspace page has a few videos you can watch and a couple of tracks to listen to their studio sound.

Before I knew Robert's sons name was Logan, I was trying to think of a Zeppelin related name for a boy while I was pregnant. I went through so many names including Kashmir, and Page. But they all seemed like girls names (or so my boyfriend said) So we went with a Beatles related name, Logan Jude. Logan after Wolverine because my boyfriend loves Marvel comics and I wanted to go with the music related names. So one day I was reading up on Plant, and discovered his sons name was Logan. So I guess it was sort of a Zep related name after all.

really? interesting

i could see that maybe he wants to distance himself a little but not doing one at all shocks me :o

Well, maybe they did but I don't know.

Actually father and son have quite different voices. Robert once said Logan's voice more resembles Marc Bolan.

Well, maybe they did but I don't know.

Actually father and son have quite different voices. Robert once said Logan's voice more resembles Marc Bolan.

I've seen them live - Logan's style of singing is not like his dad's at all, which I think is a good thing as well as the fact their musical style is more influenced by bands like Soundgarden and Tool. He's definitely not interested in riding on his dad's fame which again, I have a lot of respect for.

Before I knew Robert's sons name was Logan, I was trying to think of a Zeppelin related name for a boy while I was pregnant. I went through so many names including Kashmir, and Page. But they all seemed like girls names (or so my boyfriend said) So we went with a Beatles related name, Logan Jude. Logan after Wolverine because my boyfriend loves Marvel comics and I wanted to go with the music related names. So one day I was reading up on Plant, and discovered his sons name was Logan. So I guess it was sort of a Zep related name after all.

lol

thats just one of those awesome coincidences

I've seen them live - Logan's style of singing is not like his dad's at all, which I think is a good thing as well as the fact their musical style is more influenced by bands like Soundgarden and Tool. He's definitely not interested in riding on his dad's fame which again, I have a lot of respect for.

I do too. I think it's great that he is attempting to do music his way without his dad's fame. I'm not a big fan of their music, howeverI have a lot of respect for him. So many people try to make it because of their parents but he has done it on his own.

He doesn't sing much like his father, although if you listen for it you can hear Robert in his voice. I think that they sort of look a like too. Not a whole lot but just enough.

really? interesting

i could see that maybe he wants to distance himself a little but not doing one at all shocks me :o

I'd be kinda shocked if he did. Especially because he must get compared to Robert ALL THE TIME, like Jason is to Bonzo, with people constantly saying he's not as good as his Dad. (Personally if I was Logan I'd do absolutely anything other than sing in a rock band, just for that reason, but I'm not, so there it is.)

I don't think you can really compare Robert and Logan because their styles are different. You could talk about their voices but you can't really say one is better than the other because of the difference. Robert is more versatile, imo but he doesn't do what Logan does and vice versa. I understand how people can compare Jason and John because it is the same style but honestly I think they are at an about equal level.

I don't think you can really compare Robert and Logan because their styles are different. You could talk about their voices but you can't really say one is better than the other because of the difference. Robert is more versatile, imo but he doesn't do what Logan does and vice versa. I understand how people can compare Jason and John because it is the same style but honestly I think they are at an about equal level.

I agree that Robert's and Logan's styles are totally different, but that won't stop people comparing them--it would be almost impossible not to, in a sense. Of course, it's all a matter of taste anyway--some people will prefer the voice of one of them to another, some will like both in different ways, there'll be some people who can't stand either of them, but just the fact that a band's singer is Robert Plant's son will inevitably cause comparisons to be drawn. Which is a shame for Logan, but I think unavoidable, as I'm sure he realizes.

I agree that Robert's and Logan's styles are totally different, but that won't stop people comparing them--it would be almost impossible not to, in a sense. Of course, it's all a matter of taste anyway--some people will prefer the voice of one of them to another, some will like both in different ways, there'll be some people who can't stand either of them, but just the fact that a band's singer is Robert Plant's son will inevitably cause comparisons to be drawn. Which is a shame for Logan, but I think unavoidable, as I'm sure he realizes.

True, and he has always answered the questions about his father graciously.

Logan is great.. I heard his band's singles, and I liked them a lot; take a look is just amazing!

Currently, they're recording their album and I'm really excited to hear it.. :)

I can hear similarities in the voices of father and son, and it really makes me laugh.

I can tell that he grew up around Robert Plant.

It's not so much a matter of vocal style, but parental influence from childhood.

It's very sweet.

I absolutely agree.. :)

• 6 months later...

bump :P

What happened to the Sons of Albion? I know they were having some live shows. But I would like to see them getting some support from the media (like alot of less talented bands get today)

Archived