Chickenfoot Could "Rival" Zep

WTF

If they really wanna rival Zep, then i suggest they go back to 1968 in their time machine, find a better drummer/songwriter than Bonzo, a better bassist/pianist/songwriter/etc than JPJ, a better guitarist/audio technician/producer/songwriter than Page/ and a better vocalist/songwriter(i really wanna emphasize the writing abilities of the band) than Robert.

Then you can make your albums and your tours while fighting the substance abuse, loss, and drama that Zeppelin fought. Thats how you can rival Zep.

However, the next really great band(wherever they may be, whoever they are) will NOT want to rival Zeppelin. They will instead be independent and try to be up there NEXT to Zep, the Who, the Stones, Hendrix Experience. To rival means nothing here, how about you try to do your own thing and be great at that. Thats what all the great bands did, instead of saying I wanna rival Cream and the Who, they wanted to compete with their own brand.

In the end, all the great bands live harmonious as the best there ever was. Maybe Chickenfoot can join them if they learn to do their own thing, but for now, that goes with a long list of really ignorant statements.

And in this months Q mag, Chad says "He was drunk. We're not better than Led Zeppein."

Sorry to interrupt the thread....

Knebby, I have been trying to PM you for a couple days, but your box is full. Any chance you can make a little space for me?

Thx

And now back to the thread...

Sorry to interrupt the thread....

Knebby, I have been trying to PM you for a couple days, but your box is full. Any chance you can make a little space for me?

Thx

And now back to the thread...

So sorry - done!

Too much Cabo Wabo, eh Sammy? :lol:

I just got back from Lake Tahoe, hung out a bit at Sammy's "Tahoe Wabo" bar and eatery. Great food, and it's a fun place to hang out. But those Waboritas will kick your ass. Me thinks Sammy had about 5 when he made that statement.

I am also a fan of Sammy and the work he has produced in the past, I've not heard much of the new stuff but, "The Red Rocker" still seems to be singing like he was in the 80's and 90's so, that said, he has a lot to offer!

I don't think you can compare him with the Led Zeppelin sound at all. He is more rock based in his music than Led Zeppelin was.

Why the statement was made, maybe the press was stiffly stroking his pride on that particular night, along with a few of what ever was going on at the time.

WTF

If they really wanna rival Zep, then i suggest they go back to 1968 in their time machine, find a better drummer/songwriter than Bonzo, a better bassist/pianist/songwriter/etc than JPJ, a better guitarist/audio technician/producer/songwriter than Page/ and a better vocalist/songwriter(i really wanna emphasize the writing abilities of the band) than Robert.

Then you can make your albums and your tours while fighting the substance abuse, loss, and drama that Zeppelin fought. Thats how you can rival Zep.

However, the next really great band(wherever they may be, whoever they are) will NOT want to rival Zeppelin. They will instead be independent and try to be up there NEXT to Zep, the Who, the Stones, Hendrix Experience. To rival means nothing here, how about you try to do your own thing and be great at that. Thats what all the great bands did, instead of saying I wanna rival Cream and the Who, they wanted to compete with their own brand.

In the end, all the great bands live harmonious as the best there ever was. Maybe Chickenfoot can join them if they learn to do their own thing, but for now, that goes with a long list of really ignorant statements.

HAHAH i just saw a commercial for it today guys.. said its available at like best buy or something... they have a cool lineup but i think theyre going to suck.... much less rival zep

Why would you think Joe Satriani, Mike Anthony, Chad Smith and Sammy Hagar would suck?

I mean, I can understand hazing them for the Zeppelin remark, but these are seasoned veterans. Nothing to laugh at. It could be really good!

Unfortunately thanks to Sammy's silly statement, he's invited a slew of "its no Zeppelin" assessments.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to an exciting collaboration.

Satch with Sammy, Mike and Chad?? Bring it!!!!

Second coming notwithstanding. :beer:

Its not a bad album but there is nothing new or original, its bits of Hagar and Satriani really but thats no bad thing.

Pretty much what I would expect. Cool enough if you like Satch and Sammy, but nothing earthshaking then?

Archived