Led Zeppelin or Related on YouTube

I have been a die-hard fan of the Mighty Led Zeppelin for over 25 years now. I have collected over 100 bootlegs albums and cd's, read almost every book about the band, seen the Firm (once 1), the Jason Bonham band (1), John Paul Jones solo (3), solo Robert Plant (12) , Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes (3) and Page/Plant (10). Like most of you, I consider myself to be one of the most hard-core fans around. I am 38 years old. However, with the advent of the internet, especially YouTube and this awesome website , I have researched and heard Led Zeppelin and hundreds of Led Zeppelin related (solo and otherwise) songs that I thought I would never ever hear. YouTube has a vast selection of these precious gems. A few examples: John Paul Jones' first solo single "Baja" and "A Foggy Day in Vietnam". I have never heard these 2 songs by Jonesy until just recently. And one I just recently discovered. Jimmy Page playing "Domino" and "Dazed and Confused" (live 1999) at the Net Aid concert in New York. And the so-called early 80's project XYZ. Of course there are hundreds of other "gems" on YouTube related to Led Zeppelin. Just type in Led Zeppelin= Jimmy Page-Robert Plant-John Paul Jones-John Bonham Any particular favorites you have come across on YouTube that you cares to share with us- the Loyal Led Zeppelin fans.

'

This is exactly what I was talking about and thinking. Although I have heard this version of "In the Light" (on YouTube) I was hoping to get the message out that there are hundreds on Led Zeppelin (and related) songs that EVERYONE should hear. All I am trying to do is spread the message that, if you are a LED ZEPPELIN fan, than you can hear more about them than than you ever imagined.

Just saw Jimmy induct Jeff Beck into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. And the jam they played of "Immigrant Song" and "Bolero". I actually do not yet know how to provide the link but it was on Fuse.tv/videos/shows/rock-hall. Check it out! By the way, Jeff Beck looks alike like (in my opinion) Ronnie Wood. Same hairstyle.

Edited by lzzoso

By the way, Jeff Beck looks alike like (in my opinion) Ronnie Wood. Same hairstyle.

Yes, they do. I think Jeff had that hairstyle before Ronnie Wood. Even then, they might have got the style from Rod Stewart. Difficult to tell.

JeffBeckGroup.jpg

beckgroup.jpg

Here's a link to Jeff & Ronnie playing Beck's hit at an ARMS concert,

Ronnie isn't shown until about 5:00 into song. Edited by dpat

Anyone who reads this post: although I still do not know how to add a link to some of the great stuff about any Led Zeppelin or related songs on YouTube, I just typed in Jimmy Page Session Man and a whole bunch of Jimmy's session work came up under the title: Jimmy Page-Hip Young Guitar Slinger. Most, if not all, these songs on this I have never heard before. 17 of them. Of course these are pretty short and obscure, however, they all have that Jimmy Page trademark guitar sound that is definitely unmistakeable. Check them out.

• 3 months later...

came across this

the battle of evermore. robert does an alternative version with the melody and some of the lyrics. i really like it.

deborah, i just rewatched your denton clips again. they were pretty cool. " cartwheels across the stage ..." lol

Edited by slave to zep

Here's one of the better known ones of Jimmy, but it's still a real gem. Just the audio of his only single "She Just Satisfies" from 1965. Most of us know this, but I'm sure there are a few here who haven't heard it. I think he does everything on this song but drums. Does a good job on the vocals. Even if he feels he doesn't like the way he sings at all. That's why he avoids it. Prime example is "It Might Get Loud".

Robert in New Orleans in 2007, with the local group L'il Band of Gold in the French Quarter club Tipitina's. Not sure what song this is, but I like it. I'm guessing he just showed up there and decided to get up on stage for a bit. Not the best quality clip and everyone is having a great time including Robert and the crowd certainly is too. THey didn't expect this.

First recorded version of Babe im gonna leave you by Led Zeppelin. Olympics studios,London, Sept 20 - Oct 20 1968

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=052NItxtc_o

Mmmmm, raw track's! No verb, no delay, no dynamics processing, no automation (mixing volume levels) to make every thing sound even in the mix!

Wish I had a multi-track of this recording! If I did, I wouldn't come out of my studio for a month :ph34r:! I would emerge with pale skin, 20 pound's lighter and a mix of this song that would stop a truck! B)

I think I've heard this a long time ago but I'm not sure. Thanks for digging it up for us Deb's!! :thanku:

Edited by BonzoLikeDrumer

I have been a die-hard fan of the Mighty Led Zeppelin for over 25 years now. I have collected over 100 bootlegs albums and cd's, read almost every book about the band, seen the Firm (once 1), the Jason Bonham band (1), John Paul Jones solo (3), solo Robert Plant (12) , Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes (3) and Page/Plant (10). Like most of you, I consider myself to be one of the most hard-core fans around. I am 38 years old. However, with the advent of the internet, especially YouTube and this awesome website , I have researched and heard Led Zeppelin and hundreds of Led Zeppelin related (solo and otherwise) songs that I thought I would never ever hear. YouTube has a vast selection of these precious gems. A few examples: John Paul Jones' first solo single "Baja" and "A Foggy Day in Vietnam". I have never heard these 2 songs by Jonesy until just recently. And one I just recently discovered. Jimmy Page playing "Domino" and "Dazed and Confused" (live 1999) at the Net Aid concert in New York. And the so-called early 80's project XYZ. Of course there are hundreds of other "gems" on YouTube related to Led Zeppelin. Just type in Led Zeppelin= Jimmy Page-Robert Plant-John Paul Jones-John Bonham Any particular favorites you have come across on YouTube that you cares to share with us- the Loyal Led Zeppelin fans.

lzzoso---Enjoy:-) thanks for starting this, great thread!