Led Zeppelin or Related on YouTube

• Administrators

When The Levee Breaks - Sammy Hagar B-DAY BASH 10/7/2015

Sammy Hagar with Michael Anthony, Vic Johnson and Jason Bonham covering Led Zeppelin's "When The Levee breaks" at the Cabo Wabo Cantina in Cabo San Lucas Mexico during Sammy Hagar's Birthday Bash on October 7th 2015

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-tool-cover-no-quarter-dressed-as-led-zeppelin-20151101

Tool's only scheduled tour date of 2015 – a headlining set at Tempe, Arizona's Monster Mash – happened to fall on Halloween, so the dormant group celebrated the occasion by resurrecting their cover of Led Zeppelin's "No Quarter" onstage for the first time since 1998. Not only did the Lateralus crew dust off the Houses of the Holy classic, the group did it in full costume as Maynard James Keenan performed the song as Robert Plant, with the rest of Tool similarly donning Zeppelin-era clothing, Stereogum reports.

• Administrators

I stumbled across this footage today of Bonzo backstage at the LA Forum at a Wings concert June 1976 (plus a few other well known guests). Bonham clip starts @ 3.25 

http://youtu.be/eTn-F3sjw1w

good stuff. that footage surfaced a couple of years ago:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/20194-rare-john-bonham-footage-w-paul-mccartney-backstage-1976/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mark Zep for this youtube video.

Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham join this all star cast for a performance of the song Lucille. Paul McCartney and Pete Townshend to name a few. This benefit was called Concert for the People of Kampuchea performed at Hammersmith Odeon, London on December 29th, 1979. timeline info

Edited by luvlz2

Thanks Mark Zep for this youtube video.

Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham join this all star cast for a performance of the song Lucille. Paul McCartney and Pete Townshend to name a few. This benefit was called Concert for the People of Kampuchea performed at Hammersmith Odeon, London on December 29th, 1979. timeline info

Where's Bonzo?

Edited to add:  There's Bonzo.  At the 3:53 mark.  Bonzo should have been the main drummer on the stage not whoever that was behind the main floor kit. 

Edited by kingzoso

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This definitely falls under "related". I read that Page had looked into Syd Barrett in the 1970s. I find most of Page's musical likes quite interesting. They both had similar guitars with the same reflective discs in the 60s, and both looked very cool and Carnaby. I really like Syd Barrett, the music is so penetrating, you almost have to be careful around it. My dislike of Pink Floyd (what they're mostly know for, ie. without Syd) kept me from looking in to Barrett. I  am putting a link to a vid for Jugband Blues. This song is crushing, devastating.AxjWlTg4Pg8

Edited by BMV