Most Popular Live Album

Achilles Last Stand

Most Popular Live Album  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Most Popular Live Album

• 1976 - The Song Remains The Same
    • 1997 - BBC Sessions
    • 2003 - How The West Was Won

Probs already been done, but cast you votes none the less!

I voted TSRTS--but this is really tough. When they did live, the songs were always different. Loved that about them, taking a 5 minute song and it becomes 30 minutes live!!! Each of the choices have so much great music.

Definitely TSRTS, cuz its been around for so long now

and that was the first live album they (officially) released,

and because in my opinion, 1973 was the best year ever

for Led Zeppelin, they were at the top of thier game

I especially like 'No Quarter', 'Dazed and Confused', and

the 'Stairway to Heaven' performances

Peace Out,

Keep it natural

The original TSRTS, with Jimmy's beautiful solo on No Quarter was be 1a/1b with How the West Was Won. But, I'll take HTWWW.

As someone who doesn't do bootlegs (I'm not opposed to it, I just haven't gotten into it), I would like to see them release another live album. Something from PG era music would be nice... even if it was the beginning of their "live decline"

The original TSRTS, with Jimmy's beautiful solo on No Quarter was be 1a/1b with How the West Was Won. But, I'll take HTWWW.

As someone who doesn't do bootlegs (I'm not opposed to it, I just haven't gotten into it), I would like to see them release another live album. Something from PG era music would be nice... even if it was the beginning of their "live decline"

What complicates this is that much of Graffiti was actually recorded in 1972 - when the band was peaking live. I guess you mean the 1975 tour - and I can only agree, it would be great. On the other hand: would work on such a release be more important than making new music?

What complicates this is that much of Graffiti was actually recorded in 1972 - when the band was peaking live. I guess you mean the 1975 tour - and I can only agree, it would be great. On the other hand: would work on such a release be more important than making new music?

I'm not sure I would want new material without John Bonham and a half-interested Robert Plant. The O2 show proved they can still rock, but I don't think new material is the right idea.

Perhaps the idea would be to release the Earl's Court performances similar to How the West Was Won. I would love a single concert live album, but cherry picking the best cuts from and splicing them together might be a decent idea. Each concert was at least 3 hours, maybe a 4 disc set. If HTWWW was 3 discs and it went #1...... why not a 4 disc set?

I'm not sure I would want new material without John Bonham and a half-interested Robert Plant. The O2 show proved they can still rock, but I don't think new material is the right idea.

Perhaps the idea would be to release the Earl's Court performances similar to How the West Was Won. I would love a single concert live album, but cherry picking the best cuts from and splicing them together might be a decent idea. Each concert was at least 3 hours, maybe a 4 disc set. If HTWWW was 3 discs and it went #1...... why not a 4 disc set?

I actually had Jimmy Page in mind rather than the band as such.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

+1 for an entire Earl's Court boxed set. Judging by the stunning audio on the official DVD, this could be a winner. Personally I doubt it should be a 4 CD set, I'm more inclined to a 3CD en 1 Bluray (or something like that). The Plantations and drumsolo's from EC are not always very entertaining, so a slightly condensed set would be stronger IMHO

• 5 months later...

Archived