5/28/77 Awesome memories!

ocean

I just listened to 5/28/77 at The Capital Center Landover MD for the first time since the show took place. Right after Sick Again Robert's plantations! I about shit myself in the car! "Hello Maaarryland!!!"then Robert reaches down to me and thanks me very much loud and clear in the mic and says that's quite nice of you! What he is refering to here...I painted a queen size sheet with huge letters that read"IF THE SUN REFUSED TO SHINE>>>WE WILL STILL BE LOVING YOU!" with a zeppelin exploding into four fragments and I painted all four of their faces on each piece. I gave it to Robert! Robert actually took it from me as you can plainly hear and held it up for the whole place to see. What a night. What a memory. So glad I got to hear this night again!

Wish I was going on Monday.

I just listened to 5/28/77 at The Capital Center Landover MD for the first time since the show took place. Right after Sick Again Robert's plantations! I about shit myself in the car! "Hello Maaarryland!!!"then Robert reaches down to me and thanks me very much loud and clear in the mic and says that's quite nice of you! What he is refering to here...I painted a queen size sheet with huge letters that read"IF THE SUN REFUSED TO SHINE>>>WE WILL STILL BE LOVING YOU!" with a zeppelin exploding into four fragments and I painted all four of their faces on each piece. I gave it to Robert! Robert actually took it from me as you can plainly hear and held it up for the whole place to see. What a night. What a memory. So glad I got to hear this night again!

Wish I was going on Monday.

You get the freshly unearthed SBD of this show? It's quite nice isn't it. :P I miss the ol Cap Centre. (watched the demo of it. A sad day!.......but unless you were down low and up front, the sound there was horrendous. The Verizon Center in DC is 100X better sound wise. ;)

I've mentioned it before, but the Capital Centre had a parking lot party like no other venue I've been to. The entire parking lot was surrounded by woods and fond memories of trying to remember where the hell we parked after concerts still remain. :P Was I in the "liberty bell" section? Or "Stars and Stripes"? :o:lol:

In conjuction with the boot title from the show on the 26th "Bringing Down The House".......here is the actual footage of them REALLY bringing down the house. :(http://hmpl.home.att.net/scrapbook/scrapbo...entre_2002.html (links on the bottom right for the demo clips) It was sad to drive around the beltway being able to look right through the arena as it was stripped down before being demolished. Today a mall owned by Magic Johnson resides there. :angry:

For a great look at the Cap Centre parking lot scene, look for the homemade cult film "Heavy Metal Parking Lot", filmed entirely at the Cap Centre before a Judias Priest show in the early 80's.

• 1 month later...
look for the homemade cult film "Heavy Metal Parking Lot", filmed entirely at the Cap Centre before a Judias Priest show in the early 80's.

Yeah What a great film! Totally classic, thanks for reminding me of that one.I wonder if Netflix has it.. I had forgotten that I saw this back several years ago. Great Flick!

Tralf

Archived