Making The World A Better Place

Deborah J

I donate to Childrens Cancer Research-breaks my heart to see a child with any kind of cancer.

I give to No Kill Animal Shelters, as well as donating blankets, towels and food to my local Humane Society as I love animals. I recycle. Donate to food banks for the homeless. Just a few things I do to try to make this a better world.

What do you do?

I donate to Childrens Cancer Research-breaks my heart to see a child with any kind of cancer.

I give to No Kill Animal Shelters, as well as donating blankets, towels and food to my local Humane Society as I love animals. I recycle. Donate to food banks for the homeless. Just a few things I do to try to make this a better world.

What do you do?

I wear red on Fridays.

Hey Deborah J! :wave: I don't do nearly what you do. But I volunteer at my parish. I donate weekly alms, give what I can into the "poor box" and deposit $ into votive candle containers, as I don't have much $ these days. Who does, right? ;) But I do like to do what I can. Great topic, Deborah.

Hey Deborah J! :wave: I don't do nearly what you do. But I volunteer at my parish. I donate weekly alms, give what I can into the "poor box" and deposit $ into votive candle containers, as I don't have much $ these days. Who does, right? ;) But I do like to do what I can. Great topic, Deborah.

Hello Fan_ S!! I think that no matter how small or how big we do things it all counts and seems to me you are doing great things because you are doing what you can and that is all any of us can do:-). Keep paying it forward!!

Hello Fan_ S!! I think that no matter how small or how big we do things it all counts and seems to me you are doing great things because you are doing what you can and that is all any of us can do:-). Keep paying it forward!!

Thanks, Deborah! It's nice to know that what one does in good faith does eventually add up to make a difference in our world! :)

I'm involved in a few things. Veterans associations, and through work, I donate 3 days pay / year to a worthy cause. Mainly though, I donate whatever I can to a particular palliative care unit in Vancouver.

I've been psychicly finding missing children internationally free of charge on a daily basis since 1991 and in the process I have saved lives of lost and kidnapped children, found bodies and caught their kidnappers/murderers.

GREAT topic!! We can get some new ideas!

Besides donations to selected charities, I volunteer at our local Sr. Center occasionally and really focus daily on the 'pay it forward' idea. I try to take advantage of every opportunity to help someone, make them smile, or even just acknowledge them.

I've also stopped buying bottled water. I now have a gallon filter that I keep in my fridge and use a stainless steel bottle to refill.

Also, oddly enough, I take my wire hangers back to the dry cleaner. He's VERY happy to get them and reuse them and I'm delighted to not waste them and fill the landfills with hangers, LOL!

At work, we no longer have paper cups, we all use mugs. And I pack my lunch in glass containers so I'm not using disposable goods.

We donate food at least once a month to the local churches and organizations that assist the underprivelidged.

I'm sad because I'm not old enough to be an organ donor. My mom signed for that and I am not allowed yet. :angry:

I am not a volunteer but I recycle plastic bottles during the summer :) and feed most of the dogs and cats in our neighborhood.

Small things, but at least they make someone's life better. And I enjoy it.

I canvassed for -greenpeace for a yr and a half after college and then volunteered for them at concerts for awhile. i give money to several organizations, even though its a small amount. if someone is knocking at your door and and asking for money, they are trained to ask for certain amounts, just to be successful. so don't feel cheap if you give any money, any money is appreciated for any organization.

Oh yeah and i adopted a great dog from -north shore animal league, on the adult dog side, not the puppy room. i really wasnt sure cause there was no eye contact and he was so in tune with being in a dog environment and was a bit wild. but he is a great dog and its been a good thing and i gave them a 100dollar donation.

Well the last two months i was a real gardener. Now im a Masoterapeuta (masseur) Shiatzu. And is one of my two passion (Music the other). So i like to help the people so they can know better about their own body and how take care them self and their family.

GREAT topic!! We can get some new ideas!

Besides donations to selected charities, I volunteer at our local Sr. Center occasionally and really focus daily on the 'pay it forward' idea. I try to take advantage of every opportunity to help someone, make them smile, or even just acknowledge them.

I've also stopped buying bottled water. I now have a gallon filter that I keep in my fridge and use a stainless steel bottle to refill.

Also, oddly enough, I take my wire hangers back to the dry cleaner. He's VERY happy to get them and reuse them and I'm delighted to not waste them and fill the landfills with hangers, LOL!

At work, we no longer have paper cups, we all use mugs. And I pack my lunch in glass containers so I'm not using disposable goods.

We donate food at least once a month to the local churches and organizations that assist the underprivelidged.

Great to hear all of these ideas we can share. Funny thing is that it makes you feel good when you are giving to other people in different ways. I hope to implement a few more ideas from these post:-)

Whenever i go out for walks or down to Harbourfront or to the movies, etc, i bring along peanuts, etc and feed the birds and squirrels that i pass or come across.

Small things that make somebody happy. :)

This is the first post of yours in which you're not complaining, as far as I can see.

Small things that make somebody happy. :)

This is the first post of yours in which you're not complaining, as far as I can see.

It makes me happy to do it to. The squirrels and chipmunks come running up to you. It's very cute. I can't say anything negative about animals. They are wonders of nature and should be taken care of and protected. :D

It makes me happy to do it to. The squirrels and chipmunks come running up to you. It's very cute. I can't say anything negative about animals. They are wonders of nature and should be taken care of and protected. :D

These squirrels just want the peanuts. They are playing you for a fool man. Can't you see that? They are using you and when you have no more nuts they will toss you out like yesterdays garbage and move onto someone with bigger and better tasting nuts....

I called 3 Oregon state reps (all Dems) to support Republican Ron Paul's bill to Audit the Federal Reserve Bank, Bill#'s: HR 1207 / S 604. Since Obama wants to give the Fed sweeping new regulatory powers, this is a logical check and balance.

Does that count?

I've been psychicly finding missing children internationally free of charge on a daily basis since 1991 and in the process I have saved lives of lost and kidnapped children, found bodies and caught their kidnappers/murderers.

Are you serious? My best friend was kidnapped when I was 7. His case is somewhat famous now, and still unsolved. 30 years later I still think of this guy, he was a lot of fun. They (parents of Little Italy) stopped letting us walk to the bus stop by ourselves after that. Now it's a different world. You may PM me if you are curious about the case. Wish you continued success in your endeavors.

I called 3 Oregon state reps (all Dems) to support Republican Ron Paul's bill to Audit the Federal Reserve Bank, Bill#'s: HR 1207 / S 604. Since Obama wants to give the Fed sweeping new regulatory powers, this is a logical check and balance.

Does that count?

I'm not going to say it ........

But, I try and not be wasteful, only cook what I'm going to eat and not use the electric stove at all just the small 700 watt Microwave. One meal at a time so nothing get's thrown away, I also try and put as many day's that I need to go (in the car) some where into as few day's as possible to save gas. I have those low draw light bulb's (10 watt's) all over the house, I turn the computer off when I'm not using it, I use a small push mower for the grass in the yard (even if I have a large yard) and I stretch a tank of gas for more than 2 week's (most of the time) in my 4-cylinder engine car.

Personal stories about how the world is made a better place by this or that are purely subjective.

Who's world and from which perspective?

Hello!

Please put personal stories and /or things you are doing....for this world -the earth- the one we live on:-)

Archived