Reunion Footage on ledzeppelin.com?

I have a crazy thought. We all know that the o2 Reunion was taped at the band's request by a bunch of HD cameras. We have also all seen the little clip of Black Dog used in a British newscast, so we know how good the footage is. We are also all aware that a DVD won't likely be out anytime soon and a further reunion seems less likely than ever. Notwithstanding that, this website is active day in and day out with hardcore zep fans. I am sure that, notwithstanding their choice not to do a world tour, the band is flattered to know that they still have so many fans. It is with that in mind that I think the band might be willing to give a small (ok, pretty large) reward to the zeppelin faithful...

Here is the idea:

Sam, do you think there is any way you could get the boys to agree to provide you with one song (official audio or video) from the o2 show to post on this website? I think that posting something like that would be a great reward for the faithful guys and gals who visit this site day in and day out. It would also be a way for the boys to connect with the fans at a time when they have no newly released material on the market (It has been about two years since they re-released TSRTS). I think it would also be a less arduous undertaking than putting out a whole DVD, and that might be attractive in the short term.

I realize in this day and age it is probably not as easy as just posting a video up on the site. I am sure there are all sorts of approvals that are required, but if you aim to release the song on the two year anniversary of the show (Dec 10, 2009), that should give everyone lots of time to sort it out...

Maybe this is a crazy idea, but I just think if the band could spare a 40 seconds of footage for a newscast, they might be receptive to the idea of sparing 3 or 4 minutes of footage for the fans. It would be very cool, and I am sure, very much appreciated. It would also make what is already a very cool website even cooler, and be a way to get some great footage of a great show, out of the vault in an much less high pressure manner than relasing a DVD.

Am I crazy to think this could happen?

Fingers crossed...

• Administrators

We can hope Dandu, but I think the only teaser will still be the clip of Black Dog they released to the news media, on the night of the gig. There's no plans to do anything with the footage at the moment.

I could post a link to the boot, but that would be downright naughty of me wouldn't it Sam? :lol:

Yeah, it would be cool if you could post it here. I wish you could man. Kashmir! Blimey!! Dress me in feathers and call me Coco! :D

If us or you Led Zeppelin fans really look hard enough you can see some or most of the LZ reunion concert at the O2 arena on Youtube. Of course, this is not "official" or officially" released footage, but it might satisfy your craving for the O2 arena concert. Like I said, if you look and search hard enough, you can find and purchase the entire concert somewhere on the internet. I have had a "decent quality" ($20) of this great and memorable concert on dvd for over a year now.

I could post a link to the boot, but that would be downright naughty of me wouldn't it Sam? :lol:

Yeah, it would be cool if you could post it here. I wish you could man. Kashmir! Blimey!! Dress me in feathers and call me Coco! :D

lol, yeah, I was just thinking... if we all dress like that taking photoes of ourselves could that help to somehow in what Dandu was requesting? Just another crazy thought, blame it on the the heavy heat :peace:

I do not see how they can improve on their past performances.

Well, considering that they NEVER played "For Your Life" live until the O2 reunion, there is no PAST performance to improve upon. Which, IMO, makes "For Your Life" a perfect candidate to put up a clip of in the video archive section.

I also nominate "Good Times, Bad Times"(another song never, or rarely, played), "No Quarter", "Kashmir" and "Trampled Underfoot" as good choices for the video section of this site.

If us or you Led Zeppelin fans really look hard enough you can see some or most of the LZ reunion concert at the O2 arena on Youtube. Of course, this is not "official" or officially" released footage, but it might satisfy your craving for the O2 arena concert. Like I said, if you look and search hard enough, you can find and purchase the entire concert somewhere on the internet. I have had a "decent quality" ($20) of this great and memorable concert on dvd for over a year now.

Hey-Up Izzoso,

Just reading through this post, & there are a few copies of the O2 gig on DVD, the first ones out were on Youtube & pretty shit quality. As times gone on, I got a decent copy of the O2, with a 3 camera set-up. However, as I have said on here before on other posts, there is a copy called "4-eye's" which I managed to get hold of, which is the Best Quality DVD of the O2 out there.

4eye's because its filmed from a 4camera angle-shot, & filmed in 5.1 Dolby surround sound, & its magic on a big flat screen.

As ive said, & others before me, if you look hard enough, you can find this O2gig, & belive me,you'll "Piss your Pants" with pure joy, of seeing the Gents back on stage, with a Wonderful performance by the young Mr Bonham,Excellent.

I dont know if (Sir) Jimmy & the boys will ever put this out in an "Official" DVD, because there are so many versions of the gig, but once you see it, you'll want to watch it over & over again.

all the best,

Hang-man :ph34r:

I think that it would be a great idea! One song what can it hurt! And while we are visiting the wishing well, how about someone from the band making a occasional post on the site? Other bands do it. Lets see who member 1,2,3 and 4 are. Maybe they could drop by and say hello to the faithful, or even answer a question on Mr Jones mysteries thread. I am sure they visit from time to time anonymously.

I was told quite the opposite by an administrator.

This I believe. I cant see that one of the largest and greatest bands of all time gets friends and family to have a look for them. This may be so but i still think they must look for themselves from time to time JMO. :D

This I believe. I cant see that one of the largest and greatest bands of all time gets friends and family to have a look for them. This may be so but i still think they must look for themselves from time to time JMO. :D

It is possible but sometimes I really hope they don't.

It is possible but sometimes I really hope they don't.

I agree, sometimes some very nasty and hurtful things are said about band members without much regard. But I still would like to see who members 1,2,3 and 4 are. We know that Sam is #5. Even if they were to post in the news section occasionally with what they are doing.

I agree, sometimes some very nasty and hurtful things are said about band members without much regard. But I still would like to see who members 1,2,3 and 4 are. We know that Sam is #5. Even if they were to post in the news section occasionally with what they are doing.

Can't really imagine that. And I think there will be a huge chaos if that happens.

If that were to happen, you don't think the board members would conduct themselves in a most civil manner? :drunk::guns::wall:

:nuke:

:sarcastic_hand:

People are perfectly aware til now that some people close to the band are reading here, but you know...

We can hope Dandu, but I think the only teaser will still be the clip of Black Dog they released to the news media, on the night of the gig. There's no plans to do anything with the footage at the moment.

I kinda knew you were going to say that, Sam. Can I ask have the band viewed the footage, or was it canned and put under lock and key straight after the gig?

And yes Ev, just to see Kashmir in HD... :faint1:

Archived