They told you that and they hurt you...

_Lena_Zep

If it's too personal, I understand...

What were the comments that hurt you? Was it something about your look, or personality or simply something rude...?

I was about a week ago at my friend's house and she tried to teach me how to play the guitar. I suck at that and I know it. However, her brother came to a doorstep and told me I must not play the guitar ever again because I suck. He told me I will never learn how. He's actually a professional singer and is in choir... But that hurt like hell.

Another rude comment I got was about my dad. My classmate who hates me told me my dad is an alcoholic and he spitted in front of my feet. I was pissed and beat him because that wasn't the first time he said that. I got a detention (why me???) and after being pissed whole day burst into tears. I hate school. Next day was better cause my teacher realized what happened and that idiot got detention instead of me.

What were the comments that hurt you? Was it something about your look, or personality or simply something rude...?

I was about a week ago at my friend's house and she tried to teach me how to play the guitar. I suck at that and I know it. However, her brother came to a doorstep and told me I must not play the guitar ever again because I suck. He told me I will never learn how. He's actually a professional singer and is in choir... But that hurt like hell.

Another rude comment I got was about my dad. My classmate who hates me told me my dad is an alcoholic and he spitted in front of my feet. I was pissed and beat him because that wasn't the first time he said that. I got a detention (why me???) and after being pissed whole day burst into tears. I hate school. Next day was better cause my teacher realized what happened and that idiot got detention instead of me.

Sorry about your friends brother and the dude in school :console:

Luckily i dont really get too much happening to me as im quiet...sort of :lol:

Well, there was the time my friend stole my drink and i had to chase him round the school twice and hit him a few times for him to give it back. I have a boring life :lol:

You aren't alone in going through anything. Yes, people have told me things that cut deeply and left wounds that are starting to heal but when they are touched again it's very painful. It's so important that you know you didn't anything to deserve those sorts of things.

You aren't alone in going through anything. Yes, people have told me things that cut deeply and left wounds that are starting to heal but when they are touched again it's very painful. It's so important that you know you didn't anything to deserve those sorts of things.

As far as I can see, you're healing well from those cuts... And I have to say it again... You do not act like an average teen.

(that's a compliment)

:D

School, especially high school can be pretty shitty. Just trust me, you will be better for it. I wouldn't want to force anyone to go through the torment of situation like that, but you will be better in the end.

Not a religious person (agnostic to be exact) but I do believe in Karma and the idea that they will pay for their hate and you will be rewarded for going through it.

Keep your head up, and remember, YOU are the only one that matters to you. It's about what you think of yourself and what no one else thinks. You can do this, I have faith in you... as long as you have faith in yourself. :)

When I was a sophomore in high school, I started having fainting spells. The third time I fainted, I was in the office getting a slip signed, and one of my teachers had to carry me down to the first floor to the teachers lounge to they could put me on the couch until I came out of it. It was pretty damn embarrassing...and my asshole principal said to me that I was only doing it for attention. He actually had the nerve to make fun of me. I couldn't believe it, I mean, who on earth would WANT that kind of attention? Especially in high school, when you try sooo hard to fit in? So he made my brother pick me up from school and take me to the Doctor, and that's when I found out I have problems with hypoglycemia. And even after finding that out, the dickhead still would not apologize!!

Oh man Lena I know poeple can joke about it but that must if hurt. :console2: it is hard, esp with the fingering positions, I still can't get most of them right.

Well this was a couple of years ago at my previous school. The school as not like me at all, it was large, sporty, competitaive and everyone was always really loud and I really didn't fit in at all.

When we started the senior school I had pretty much made fake friends, they would talk to me one minute and rush off the next and talk to eachother about stuff they know about. They would also make fun of my shyness and my other friend was a little like me but they always said they were joking about.

One day I found them and told them why they were avoiding me and this happned:

Me: why have you lot been avoiding me?

Her1: Becuase we don't want to be with you.

Me: but you are my friends:

Her2: *starts* Og Lucia that's a joke, we don't like you at all.

Me: why?

Her1: Becuase you're a freak.

Her2: you're not pretty, you never will be and you're too shy to have a life. You don't belong here...so go jump off a bridge or somethng.

They were the only friends I made, for the next 7 months I pretended everything was alright. I still havn't told m,y parents this but they knoew I was unhappy at that school. I even thoughtt that nobody would ever want to be my friend becuase I would scare them off. I have now moved and made real friends, although they don't like Zepp, there is a Beatles, Hendrix and was(she left now) a GN'R fan there, so I pretty much was and still am alright there.

It hurts even today. I try to forget about it. The only other person who knows this is my B-friend at school.

I've also had plenty of people having a go at me being a veggie.

That's all I can think of.

As far as I can see, you're healing well from those cuts... And I have to say it again... You do not act like an average teen.

(that's a compliment)

Thank you so much, but I have to say that's the things that have happened to me help mold who I am today. I've learned that it's never okay to say something untrue about a person and you should never spread gossip. don't cut down people and always treat them well. Karma will be beter on you that way.

School, especially high school can be pretty shitty. Just trust me, you will be better for it. I wouldn't want to force anyone to go through the torment of situation like that, but you will be better in the end.

Not a religious person (agnostic to be exact) but I do believe in Karma and the idea that they will pay for their hate and you will be rewarded for going through it.

Keep your head up, and remember, YOU are the only one that matters to you. It's about what you think of yourself and what no one else thinks. You can do this, I have faith in you... as long as you have faith in yourself. :)

I have to agree with this entire post but the bold things really stand out.

Something that really helped me was Love, Janis. It's a book that her sister wrote that was very candid about Janis's high school years. It proved to me that no matter how mena people are to you in your youth you can still become something bigger than you ever imagine. I also saw an interview where she talked about it and she said "Man, they laughed me out of class, they laughed me out of town, they laughed me out of the state. And now hhoney, I going home." (To a high school reunion.) I loved that, she proved herself all the better for it in my eyes.

She also gave me one of the greastest pieces of advice I have ever recieved: "Don't compromise yourself, your all you've got."

It was about a week ago at my friend's house and she tried to teach me how to play the guitar. I suck at that and I know it. However, her brother came to a doorstep and told me I must not play the guitar ever again because I suck. He told me I will never learn how. He's actually a professional singer and is in choir... But that hurt like hell.

I started guitar late in life and I sucked too at the beginning. But I'm still playing every day after 4-1/2 years and I even have some of my short studies recorded to cd. So next time just tell the jackass to get fu**ed and see you in a couple years. He sounds like a 'professional' dick! :D

Oh man Lena I know poeple can joke about it but that must if hurt. :console2: it is hard, esp with the fingering positions, I still can't get most of them right.

Well this was a couple of years ago at my previous school. The school as not like me at all, it was large, sporty, competitaive and everyone was always really loud and I really didn't fit in at all.

When we started the senior school I had pretty much made fake friends, they would talk to me one minute and rush off the next and talk to eachother about stuff they know about. They would also make fun of my shyness and my other friend was a little like me but they always said they were joking about.

Her2: you're not pretty, you never will be and you're too shy to have a life. You don't belong here...so go jump off a bridge or somethng.

They were the only friends I made, for the next 7 months I pretended everything was alright. I still havn't told m,y parents this but they knoew I was unhappy at that school. I even thoughtt that nobody would ever want to be my friend becuase I would scare them off. I have now moved and made real friends, although they don't like Zepp, there is a Beatles, Hendrix and was(she left now) a GN'R fan there, so I pretty much was and still am alright there.

It hurts even today. I try to forget about it. The only other person who knows this is my B-friend at school.

I also had problems with my freakness and people avoided me because of it. After this story you wrote you deserve: :console:

People are shit. Mostly teenagers. You have to be who you are and there will come someone like you... <= Not always comforting, but it helps. :P

Fake friends are the worst. Unfortunately I realize that when it's too late.

Haha, another problem of mine. People call me Satanist cause I don't believe in God and I say He is actually It and I write those strange runes on my hands (LED ZEP'S SYMBOLS :lol: :lol:)

And because I read books. That makes me 'Satanist'. I got from the library Nietzsche's book The Antichrist. A lot of bad comments I got.

I also had problems with my freakness and people avoided me because of it. After this story you wrote you deserve: :console:

People are shit. Mostly teenagers. You have to be who you are and there will come someone like you... <= Not always comforting, but it helps. :P

Fake friends are the worst. Unfortunately I realize that when it's too late.

People never really avoided me, instead they just threw wads of people with nasty messgaes in them.

Not to belittle your problems, but I want to share this. It was so bad that I couldn't even go out to eat with my family and not hear things. I was at the Meixcan Restaurant with my mom and brother and I was getting some. This kid that I hardly even know comes up to me and he's like "Where is the ebst place to get it?" I was so confused, I hadn't known wha the meant. Then he looks at me and was like "You know what I mean dirty hippie, your pot!"

Haha, another problem of mine. People call me Satanist cause I don't believe in God and I say He is actually It and I write those strange runes on my hands (LED ZEP'S SYMBOLS :lol: :lol:)

And because I read books. That makes me 'Satanist'. I got from the library Nietzsche's book The Antichrist. A lot of bad comments I got.

My dad is Buddhist, and people at my school found out. Now I'm the one people look down on because he's Buddhist. I am clearing not a Christian and around here if you aren't Christian than you are nothing. However, I'm not Buddhist either. They also seem to think that Daddy and I levitate when we practice Budhism.

When I was a sophomore in high school, I started having fainting spells. The third time I fainted, I was in the office getting a slip signed, and one of my teachers had to carry me down to the first floor to the teachers lounge to they could put me on the couch until I came out of it. It was pretty damn embarrassing...and my asshole principal said to me that I was only doing it for attention. He actually had the nerve to make fun of me. I couldn't believe it, I mean, who on earth would WANT that kind of attention? Especially in high school, when you try sooo hard to fit in? So he made my brother pick me up from school and take me to the Doctor, and that's when I found out I have problems with hypoglycemia. And even after finding that out, the dickhead still would not apologize!!

I had a similar experience in high school. I was alway's falling asleep in class and my teacher used to smack a ruler on my desk to wake me up. Turned out that it was just the doobie we smoked on the way to school :lol:

:console: I'm totally with you on this one!! Us veggies must stick together!! :P

Ok, here's my thing: Everyone thinks these skin-and-bones women are so hot or whatever....but when a girl is that skinny in real life (not even that skinny, really), she gets made fun of for being too skinny :huh: It's all just stupid!!!

Well, when i cas i child (and 'ntill 17) i was fat, and is hard. Don't need to tell you more because is not knew the subject. But now im fine with my self (mind and body)... all thanks to god and the Homeopathy (Homeopatia), maybe some one know something about it.

the Diets doesn't work... it's all about our mind... something very dificult to face sometimes...

People will always be mean and nasty...sometimes we have to make sure we remember the good comments and good things rather than the bad ones....

....but I am sure you all agree when I say doing that is damn hard!!

Some of those things said last years. I was slandered two years ago by an ex-girlfriend. Her friend told her that I had done a loada bad stuff (which was partially true but taken way way out of context, in context it wasn't that bad at all) and then she had a real go at me. Called me all sorts of horrible names, and when I tried to explain she wouldn't listen. The world is crazy, just remember that we may be recieving bad comments all the time, but we might have given bad comments to others...even without knowing it. It is the whole "let he who is without sin cast the first stone!"

Jesus was smart.

:yesnod: Hey good posts everyone! And a nice and important topic, Lena_Zep! :D Just wanted to add that bullies usually have to vent, which is sad. Some say this venting is a reflection of deeply rooted self-loathing issues. They forget to slow down the tempo, and chill, before casting the stone. :(

I completely sympithize with this. I was made fun of a lot in middle school for my shyness, and diffrence in interests and generally different wavelengths. I still wore my hair in two braids at the time and didn't really fit in. I remember a couple of older guys splattered chocolate milk at me at our bus stop when I was in 6th grade, forcing me to go home to change, and my mother drove me so I wouldn't be late. Some girls who pretended to be friends did make fun of me. In high school I did get that same treatment from a few people, but it was much less. They would also move when I sat with them at lunch. By the time I was in college, it got much better as I got more conifedent. It still hurts all these years later to think about, and I have actually never have gone back to my reunions, and there have been a couple since I left high school. One of the girls got in touch with me again via myspace even acouple of years ago.

It will get better, Lucia and Lena :console::)

Not to belittle your problems, but I want to share this. It was so bad that I couldn't even go out to eat with my family and not hear things. I was at the Meixcan Restaurant with my mom and brother and I was getting some. This kid that I hardly even know comes up to me and he's like "Where is the ebst place to get it?" I was so confused, I hadn't known wha the meant. Then he looks at me and was like "You know what I mean dirty hippie, your pot!"

Next time, casually reply "Oh, I buy it from your Mom." Then smile and walk away...

Next time, casually reply "Oh, I buy it from your Mom." Then smile and walk away...

Works everytime. Although you might get a punch. But yeah the whole "take the piss outa the other person's mother" thing applies over here in England too. haha

I wouldn't say the world is crazy, just misinformed.

A lot of these High School stories I'm reading are pretty amazing. I was friendly with everyone and never really got into much drama, and for that I'm glad. And for that Bonnie girl, that's a terrible story. For the principal to think such a thing is pretty amazing.

I think a lot of the drama and problems in High School stem from hanging out with the wrong people. I was always carefree and I didn't care what others thought of me too much, and because of that people never really messed with me.

Although, there was this one kid who held a grudge against me from Middle School to High School for something I didn't even do. I tried to tell him my side multiple times but he wouldn't have it, so I just stopped bothering. We would get into heated verbal arguments, but that's about it. The guy even found my Myspace somehow and sent me hatemail!

Really, most of the people who say these hateful things are just trying to provoke you. If you barely respond to them and act like you don't care, it drives them crazy and shows that you're better than them.

Just because he is a professional singer does not mean he is good. Next time you hear his choir, tell him they sounded horrible and he in particular sounded like shit. Tell him to get a job washing dishes.

It doesn't stop after high school. Adults just know how to disguise insults better. And sometimes, they don't even get disguised. It's a fact of life, people suck. As people get older, jealousy, envy and all sorts of shit take over their mind and they turn into a dickheads.

:console: I'm totally with you on this one!! Us veggies must stick together!! :P

Ok, here's my thing: Everyone thinks these skin-and-bones women are so hot or whatever....but when a girl is that skinny in real life (not even that skinny, really), she gets made fun of for being too skinny :huh: It's all just stupid!!!

I was a skinny teenager and got teased all the time for it. I really tried to gain weight, but I couldn't. I hated being thin.

But now, all those who teased me are fat, and I am not! :lol:

So, the moral of the story: Pay no heed to those snipes from so-called friends in high school. It's all part of growing up. Girls are mean to each other. But what goes around, comes around. Stay true to your principles, don't let others change you. You will triumph in the end. That's why I loved this song: Good Day In Hell

Archived