Top Five (5) Robert Plant Solo Songs.

lzzoso

Hmm...

1. Big Log

2. If I Were a Carpenter

3. I Believe (so beautiful)

4. Polly Come Home (from Raising Sand) (another beautiful one)

5. Please Read the Letter (from Raising Sand)

...what am I saying? They are all beautiful.

6. Calling to You

(hah! snuck one more in there)

• 8 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/15/2010 at 7:46 AM, lzzoso said:

For those of you who may notice, I realize I am replying to my first original post. However, I am currently listening to "Manic Nirvana" and I have to say that I think It may be Robert Plant's Best Solo Album. Not as "commercial" and "popular" as "Now and Zen" but I think that every song on "Manic "Nirvana" are all great in their own right. As I mentioned above, I honestly think that "Big Love" and (especially) "I Cried" are two of Robert Plant's greatest Post Led Zeppelin achievements.

Yeah manic Nirvana is an amazing album & song! The song kind of reminds me of (well part of it anyway) houses of the holy days. The part just before he says  Nirvana aaaaa !

anyway 

# 1 SLOW DANCER 

then in any order:

Manic nirvana ,

Reckless love,

big love ,

sixes and sevens ,

pink and black ,

ship of fools,Hurting kind, messing with Mekon,29 palms, young boy blues, Sea of love , Burning down one side, other arms ,Enchanter......

The first two solo albums are very underrated! I don’t think Robert appreciates  those two  as much as he should!! 

CAPTAINS LOG stardate:  

12-28-2021 4:55AM

SUPLEMENTAL:

A couple more just popped in my head   . Mystery title off the very first solo album is also a good one, Heaven knows is GREAT  I even in Like tall cool one! I also like several of the tunes On the last 2 studio albums  lullaby and  Carrie fire !

• 3 months later...
On 4/1/2022 at 12:45 AM, The Pagemeister said:

5. Burning Down One Side

4. In The Mood

3. Shine It All Around

2. Slow Dancer

1. Nirvana 

GREAT pics , im down with 3 of your pics BIG TIME 

Burning down one side

Slow dancer  

BOTH sO amazing !!!!!  u got great taste AND YOUR # 1 pic 

SAME AS MINE!!!!!!! Nirvannaaaa!

ifk why erry1 dogs that song ?? They just hung up on the aaaah....etc ..part! 

that song really hits for me LOVE LOVE LOVE the part ....? ...ah?  Dag i forgot the words

”RITE before” the

aaaah NIIRRRVANNAAAA!!

my MOST FAVorite part of ALL HIS SOLO stuff!! Cause to me it sounds just like something from the HAPPY  Zep Houses of the Holy days !!!! 

It made me sO happy when i first heard it!!! Idk why u like it but THAT PART is , i cant explain it enuf  or to my satisfaction even !!!  

Oh and BIG LOVE kinda puts me there in the zep yrs  somewhere in many ways also!

also love plenty off of 2nd album also  rocks 

like wreckless love!!

& in different ways & for other reasons

SIXES &SEVENS

&

PINK & BLACK

i LOVE Zep AND  PLANT SOLO!!  

On 8/10/2009 at 10:22 AM, Dr Death said:

5 is very difficult... For some reason this thread sparked a memory from the summer of 1982... when the local rock station DJ was going off because he had the "new Robert Plant solo album in my hands and at 4:00 o'clock I'm going to play you not one, but TWO tracks from it." At four he told us the album was titled Pictures At Eleven and proceeded to play Burning Down One Side and Moonlight In Samosa...

It was during Samosa that I knew Robert would be just fine on his own. It was a bittersweet moment... you know the guy is going to do well on his own... but you also are acknowledging the fact that Zeppelin really are over...

Sorry... got a bit off on a different tangent... anyway... five songs from solo Plant that never fail to move me... no order in particular...

Big Log... just perfect

Moonlight In Samosa... ummm, just perfect... again...

Come Into My Life... 1993 and still perfect...

The Greatest Gift... do you sense a trend here?

Great Spirit... ah yes... Great Spirit come... Great Spirit come...

No no not off topic , THAT was a great story of a PLANT.  moment in time , your story took me RITE BACK to those first solo feelings i got too!

GREAT STORY MAN, it moved me reminded me of me & an old high school friend , we connected cause he mentioned the solo release & i was like 

“YEA MAN ITS GREAT , your the ONLYone i even heard mention it” then i think he rode over with it on his moped & we both knew rite then we were bros!! Not sure where he is today but hope he doin alrite! I reached out yrs ago & we hung & reminisced but then never heard from him again , such is life ...sad really, BUT we both got Plant & Zep in our blood!

riden in my 70 BUICK GS , blowin the doors off most every hot rod out there & doin it with class wit ROBERT PLANT crankin out the windows !

Same BAT station Same BAT channel bud! stop by! 

On 8/22/2009 at 6:41 AM, moonson said:

no special order here and valid only for today:

In The Mood

Sixes And Sevens

I Get A Thrill

You Better Run ( by "Listen")

Wreckless Love

Sixes AND Sevens !!! Great taste moonson !!!

What a REALLY great song for back then , PERFECT , so is PINK & BLACK !

I dont even think the RADIO ever played those on the AIR ! They were PERFECT for that ERA! However most of the public NEVER EVEN heard them , still to this day!  tragic!

Wreckless Love one of my favorites , sO original , well they all are but love  the part:

BUUUUUUURN!   then ROBBIE BLUNT  nails it!

SHOULD BE more talk of BLUNT on here!

On 4/15/2010 at 7:46 AM, lzzoso said:

For those of you who may notice, I realize I am replying to my first original post. However, I am currently listening to "Manic Nirvana" and I have to say that I think It may be Robert Plant's Best Solo Album. Not as "commercial" and "popular" as "Now and Zen" but I think that every song on "Manic "Nirvana" are all great in their own right. As I mentioned above, I honestly think that "Big Love" and (especially) "I Cried" are two of Robert Plant's greatest Post Led Zeppelin achievements.

I agree re’ BIG LOVE!!!  such a great song! 

And the whole album itself ROCKS!!! Love the heavyness, well ... better way to  say it: 

its def in the  HARD ROCK category more than any other of his solo albums!