Zeppelin Has Mixed Views on More Shows

robertkincaid96

Zeppelin Has Mixed Views on More Shows

Dec. 6, 2007, 1:06 AM EST

LONDON (AP) -- Will Led Zeppelin's long-awaited reunion lead to more concerts?

Guitarist Jimmy Page, singer Robert Plant and bass player John Paul Jones will perform Monday at London's 02 Arena, a benefit tribute to Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun, who died last year.

It will be the rock band's first concert in almost two decades.

"I must say that after our initial get-together it was so exhilarating and fun that I did feel I would like to do more," Q music magazine quoted Page, 63, as saying.

"I've got things I've been working on for the past four years that I'm proud of," he says. "Some of the songs I've got ready are as good as anything I've done in the past. I wouldn't necessarily save them for my solo career."

Jones, 61, tells both Q and Rolling Stone magazine that he has no idea whether more concerts will follow.

"I guess the door has been left slightly ajar," he tells Q. "We'll have to see how we feel about it afterwards."

Plant, 59, tells Rolling Stone magazine in its Dec. 13 issue: "If people don't talk about a tour, anything is likely. The more people talk, the more pressure it puts on everybody."

And if there is no more Led Zeppelin after Monday's show, "That's fine," he says, "because we will do it with a good heart."

Led Zeppelin split up in 1980 after the death of drummer John Bonham. They will be joined at Monday's concert by Bonham's son Jason.

Link

Archived