Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dpat

Your absolute favorite song from Physical Graffiti?

Your favorite track from Physical Graffiti   348 members have voted

1. 1. Sorry, I had to combine some tracks -- this website only allows a max of 12 choices!

• Custard Pie
    • The Rover
    • In My Time of Dying
    • House of the Holy
    • Trampled Underfoot
    • Kashmir
    • In the Light
    • Bron-Yr-Aur / Down by the Seaside / Boogie with Stu / Black Country Woman
    • Ten Years Gone
    • Night Flight
    • The Wanton Song
    • Sick Again

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

153 posts in this topic

What is your all-time favorite track from Physical Graffiti? Most would say "Kashmir," but for me it would have to be "In My Time of Dying," for its energy, intensity and that it was recorded 'live' in the studio with no (or very minimal) overdubs.

Thanks!

Edited by dpat

What is your all-time favorite track from Physical Graffiti? Most would say "Kashmir," but for me it would have to be "In My Time of Dying," for its energy, intensity and that it was recorded 'live' in the studio with no (or very minimal) overdubs.

Thanks!

Well Kashmir is one of the best, In My Time of Dying...I have requested in my will that this to be played at my funeral which is hopefully a long way off!

I have been listening to PG today and loving every song:-)

I picked Kashmir, if I can pick two more those will be Ten Years Gone and The Rover.

Well Kashmir is one of the best, In My Time of Dying...I have requested in my will that this to be played at my funeral which is hopefully a long way off!

Me too Debs, "In My Time of Dying" would really put the Cat amongst the Pigeons, just thought of a New Topic, must dash.

Regards, Danny

In My Time of Dying - the greatest rock track ever. I hear something new everytime I listen to it.

Ten Years Gone. I think it's Page's all time best guitar track & usually that's not a criteria on why I love a song but it's so beautiful. In My Time Of Dying isn't far behind, Bonzo's best drum track.

My fave Zep album front to back and In The Light and Night Flight are tied as my fave tracks. Love Jimmy's guitaring on those two.

Side 3. Sorry, but I'm old school. No songs, just sides! Only way I ever hear/imagine the studio albums. Too many times over too many years to start picking them apart now for this cat! I haz been pro-gramm-ed! :D:beer:

Hmmmm, I dunno... It's a toss-up between:

• Kashmir
  • Ten Years Gone
  • In The Light, and
  • Down By The Seaside

Ten Years, by far. Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, everytime.

Peace

Edited by planted

Side 3. Sorry, but I'm old school. No songs, just sides! Only way I ever hear/imagine the studio albums. Too many times over too many years to start picking them apart now for this cat! I haz been pro-gramm-ed! :D:beer:

Ev, you and me related or what?

Regards, Danny

Of course this is my opinion, but I think that "IN THE LIGHT" is the greatest and most under-rated song of all-time. "IN THE LIGHT YOU WILL FIND THE ROAD..."

Well Kashmir is one of the best, In My Time of Dying..I have requested in my will that this to be played at my funeral which is hopefully a long way off!

So have I!! And not because it's about dying, at all, it could be about turnips for all I care, it's just one of the songs that has had the most profound effect on me musically.

(The Stones' Brown Sugar is also in there, for reasons I hope my friends will understand! :D )

So have I!! And not because it's about dying, at all, it could be about turnips for all I care, it's just one of the songs that has had the most profound effect on me musically.

(The Stones' Brown Sugar is also in there, for reasons I hope my friends will understand! :D )

Hello Aquamarine! I love it, you know when you have them in your will that's says something.

Ten Years Gone

I love all the songs, but I love the way Jimmy plays it.

Very tough to choose between Trampled Underfoot, Kashmir and Ten Years Gone, but I went with Ten Years Gone.

I had a hard time deciding between Ten Years Gone & In the Light. I chose In The Light because of the meaning of the lyrics. I like the sound of Ten Years Gone best-definitely one of my favorite Zep songs. And PG is my favorite Zep album.

I would have said Kashmir but I prefer the live versions and as In The Light was never performed live I went with that. :)

My favorite songs to witness and Experience live from Physical Graffiti, as performed by Led Zeppelin are:

1. KASHMIR

2. TEN YEARS GONE

3. TRAMPLED UNDERFOOT

My favorite song to listen to from the O2 concert is IMTOD. It's really something to listen to ! !

Edited by The Rover

I chose Kashmir. It has a very hypnotizing effect. However, it was very difficult to choose because I think Ten Years Gone is really beautiful. Then again, In the Light is fantastic, also. Oh well, I don't know which is my favorite! I can't choose! :)

Ah, well, It's a tie...All of them !

It make me sad to think I may never get to see this group in concert.

Ok, I'm gonna go listen to some Zeppelin now....

Edited by Kenny

It's "Kashmir" for me. It was the song that introduced me to them and has been my favorite ever since. I don't ever see that fact changing. Still a brilliant song by a brilliant band.

I'd pick Kashmir of course, and if I could choose one more song, it would be Down by the seaside, my second favorite off the album.

No Questions Asked:

IT'S "TRAMPLED UNDERFOOT," BABY!