Your absolute favorite song from Physical Graffiti?

dpat

Your favorite track from Physical Graffiti  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Sorry, I had to combine some tracks -- this website only allows a max of 12 choices!

• Custard Pie
    • The Rover
    • In My Time of Dying
    • House of the Holy
    • Trampled Underfoot
    • Kashmir
    • In the Light
    • Bron-Yr-Aur / Down by the Seaside / Boogie with Stu / Black Country Woman
    • Ten Years Gone
    • Night Flight
    • The Wanton Song
    • Sick Again

If I had to pick just one I guess it would be Tens Year Gone.

My favourite 'segment' from PG is the 4 song 'Bron-Yr-Aur/Down By The Seaside/Ten Years Gone/Nightflight' section.

PS) Never cared for In My Time Of Dying. Overlong and a bit pretentious and I just don't think it goes anywhere interesting. My least favourite song on PG.

• 2 weeks later...

"Ten Years Gone" because of the simple yet seductive lyrics (Page and Plant).

"Did you ever really need somebody, And really need 'em bad?

Did you ever really want somebody, The best love you ever had.

Do you ever remember me, baby, did it feel so good?

'Cause it was just the first time, And you knew you would."

Throw the guitar mastery in and that's it for me. missy.

• 1 month later...

"Kashmir"

This is pretty much the same situation like it is in Led Zeppelin IV. Physical Graffiti is a great album and has so much great songs but I couldn't have picked other song than "Kashmir". It is an absolute masterpiece and definitely one of the greatest masterpieces of all time. It is one of the rare songs that shocked me when I first heard them. I was in awe after hearing first opening riffs. It still amazes me with its greatness and awesomeness. :) My other favorite songs of Physical Graffiti are "Ten Years Gone", "In The Light", and "In My Time Of Dying".

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Whenever I get a song that I can't stand in my head, I have a few songs I go to that have the right sonic qualities to erase that terrible song from my memory. Kashmir is one of them. It washes away all musical iniquities with its perfection.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, The White Album is all over the place isn't it? You have these pop tunes like "Obla-Di, Obla Di" that sound like bubble-gum next to screaming rockers like "Helter Skelter" and avaunt-guarde aural sculptures for which the world is not yet ready some 40 years after its' release (Revolution No. 9), and it's just chaotic the way it shifts gears.

Had to vote for "Kashmir" on this one. It sends me out into those desert sands every time; few songs have this effect, Cole Porter's "Begin the Beguin" is another, and Hoagy Carmicheal's immortal "Stardust." Timeless tunes that bands and orchestras will be playing centures from now.

Archived