how many of you actually saw zepp in concert and when{pre 1980 only}

ledbagelz

I've posted a place to register the year (s) you saw Led Zeppelin in person, and the number of times you saw Led Zeppelin here:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=192

It's a Poll Only.... so please continue to discuss your Zeppelin concert experiences here in this thread . . . B)

Led Zeppelin was the first rock concert I ever attended.

I have seen Led Zeppelin perform, in person, 8 Times. :D

The VERY BEST SHOWS that I remember are *

*AUG 22, 1970 - FORT WORTH -- Tarrant County Convention Center -14 years old

AUG 24, 1971 - DALLAS -- Dallas Memorial Auditorium -15 years old

MAY 18, 1973 - DALLAS -- Dallas Memorial Auditorium -17 years old

*MARCH 4, 1975 - DALLAS -- Dallas Memorial Auditorium -19 years old

MARCH 5, 1975 - DALLAS -- Dallas Memorial Auditorium -19 years old

APRIL 1, 1977 - DALLAS -- Dallas Memorial Auditorium -21 years old

*MAY 21, 1977 - HOUSTON -- The Summit -21 years old

*MAY 22, 1977 - FORT WORTH -- Tarrant County Convention Center -21 years old

April 1977. Don't let them tell you there weren't some good shows in"77. Highpoint: Kashmir.

Best concert I've ever been to.

I TOTALLY agree ! ! ! ! !

And, I agree that "KASHMIR" was The Highlight of the '77 show ! ! ! !

Those '77 live performances makes ALL other "Kashmirs" pale in comparison, including the Holier than Holy studio version!!!

TSRTS was also a highlight of the '77 tour, as was NFBM and Ten Years Gone . . .

That '77 tour may have had it's ups and downs...... but the Ft. Worth and the Houston Shows were stellar ! ! ! And, I enjoyed those shows MORE than the ever - hallowed 1973 shows that get such acclaim...So.... '73 was not bad at all.... but I prefer the better '77 shows to the '73 performances, but.... both are very good!!!! :)

I've posted a place to register the year (s) you saw Led Zeppelin in person, and the number of times you saw Led Zeppelin here:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=192

It's a Poll Only.... so please continue to discuss your Zeppelin concert experiences here in this thread . . . B)

I have seen Led Zeppelin perform, in person, 8 Times. :D

Led Zeppelin was the first rock concert I ever attended.

AUG 22, 1970 - FORT WORTH -- Tarrant County ConventionCenter -14 years old

AUG 24, 1971 - DALLAS -- Dallas Memorial Auditorium -15 years old

MAY 18, 1973 - DALLAS -- Dallas Memorial Auditorium -17 years old

MARCH 4, 1975 - DALLAS -- Dallas Memorial Auditorium -19 years old

MARCH 5, 1975 - DALLAS -- Dallas Memorial Auditorium -19 years old

APRIL 1, 1977 - DALLAS -- Dallas Memorial Auditorium -21 years old

MAY 21, 1977 - HOUSTON -- The Summit -21 years old

MAY 22, 1977 - FORT WORTH -- Tarrant County ConventionCenter -21 years old

Very cool concerts, Rover. Thanks for the link and, yes, I completed your poll. I also saw Zep in '74, but not in concert; it was when they were in the U.S. for the launch of Swan Song.

just wondering ....how many of you zeppites actually saw them..........

Saw Led Zeppelin in 1977, I was fourteen years old and I still remember it like it was yesterday, the best show ever, 3 1/2 hours of nothing but Led Zeppelin, really incredible concert! There really wasn't anything like watching Pagey, Percy, Jonesy and Bonzo live at that time and there won't be another band quite like them ever again. They were the best!

Very cool concerts, Rover. Thanks for the link and, yes, I completed your poll. I also saw Zep in '74, but not in concert; it was when they were in the U.S. for the launch of Swan Song.

Saw them at Kneb 11th.I was 14.huddled in a van with my two older brothers.Camped under the van,pissing down when we got there at 1AM.Some guy playin TSRTS out the back of his van.Smell of weed was intense.Up at the arena at 8AM,a really hot,scorching day.They came on late due to New Barbarians,that spin off group from the Stones.SHITE.The thing i remember most was the white lights from Bonzo's kit during Achilles.Highlight is the 28 years of memories.I was in my Mum's attic back in July 2007 replacing the wiring and found a Union Jack flag we decked out with the 4 symbols,also a copy of Tight but loose announcing Bonzo,s death at time of print,I wept my heart out..Some of u out there might have a photo(of the flag,we were just under the right hand tower),would love to see it.Would like others to post there concert memories,here is the forum go for it.

Only once at the St. Paul Civic Center on April 13, 1977. The place has been torn down for quite a long time now, those lilly's down at city planning tore down what was a great place for rock & roll shows. They put up a hockey rink after the MN North Stars moved to Dallas and I guess that we have a new team called the Wild but I could give a shi_ because the only thing that I will ever remember as wild on those grounds were rock concerts. Back in those days that we could smoke (anything) out in the lobby without the police even looking our way, by the time we were inside we were completely blitzed and the good times continued through the show. The bands that played there probably didn't have to bring in any of their own because smoke rises!

Hey fenderguy, we saw the same show, it rocked hard!

1977 Day on the Green at the Oakland Stadium on Day 2 (played 2 straight nights). The band was 3 hours late and Bonzo could be seen by himself sitting on his kit with arms folded about 1/2 hour before the concert started (probably to keep the peace as the audience didn't like the long delay one bit). They finally performed (Robert sitting on a chair wearing a sky blue t-shirt saying "Nurses Do It Better!"). Something was wrong but at the time I did not know what it was. Later I learned that after the first concert a fight broke out involving little Jason Bonham where the father stepped in and kicked the perpetrator right in the nuts, followed by Peter Grant doing a number on one of Billy Graham's guys....anyhow there's a lot more to it and some of the Zep guys involved spent some jail time before flying to the the next gig. Of course they were arrested AFTER the second performance (which was the one I saw). A lawsuit followed their path for many years to come. To top that off on the next gig Robert gets a call from his wife about some bad news involving his son, Karac. I think you guys know the rest of the sad story. That was one of the last concerts that Zeppelin performed here in the USA. A bittersweet time for the band (mostly bitter especially for Robert).

Archived