The Who - Isle of Wight DVD

Tadpole in a Jar

I've got the original release of The Who's "Isle of Wight" concert on DVD, but last night I saw the new version on Palladia, and I *think* maybe it sounded better, or could it be the TV? Has anyone else gotten both and what are the differences in the two? Worth buying again?

I've got the original release of The Who's "Isle of Wight" concert on DVD, but last night I saw the new version on Palladia, and I *think* maybe it sounded better, or could it be the TV? Has anyone else gotten both and what are the differences in the two? Worth buying again?

Havent got the latest release but from what ive read its a big improvement.

Mind you, it wouldnt be difficult, ive always found the original dvd done the performance no justice.

Have you got the Kilburn dvd? A must have if only for the london collusium 69 show. Unbelievable!

Even better than Isle of Wight IMO

I had the original DVD and then I bought the remastered version. Then they released it again, shortly after this, with two extra songs (Substitute and Naked Eye) and in wide-screen. I don't see very many copies of this last version around, but the Blu-ray version has the two extra songs and is in wide-screen.

The two reissues sound the same as each other yet better than the original, it's just that one is in wide-screen and one is in full screen. The Blu-ray sounds superb in comparison to the DVDs.

Oh, yeah, i definitely have Kilburn `77! Wouldn't be without it! I wasn't sure anything could excite me so much now that I'm nearly 40, but man, was I ever thrilled to see this released!

I'm also on a audiophile forum called SteveHoffman.com, and the members over there say that the second version of Isle of Wight is the one to have, even without the two extra songs on the third version. They say the picture and mastering are best on that one. Maybe I'll check it out, although I hate to feel like I'm so easily conned into buying the same videos over again, but...maybe I am.

Archived