Plant does the O2 11th Sept 09

No1ZeppelinFan

Agreed!

I've always loved how he's reworked the Zep tunes. I have no problem with him doing Zep tunes - they're part of his career. The fact that he reinterprets them makes sense to me. It's hard to put into words why but in a way it shows them respect. He's stated that they won't ever be done as good as the originals but it's a different time, different band and he works them to fit the mood of the show - i.e. the Mighty Rearranger and Dreamland tours had a strong North African flavor, so things like No Quarter and Black Dog were done with that feel.

His doing the songs is not any contradiction - both Page and Jones have done Zep tunes in their shows. All three of them wrote the songs and it's their right to play them or not and do so how they feel.

Spot on :thumbsup:

Ummmm sorry folks but I can't get into this. Please robert quit experimenting with the zep songs. It's a big let down to hear them like this. Just my personal opinion folks don't get mad at me.

Robert proved unequivocally to me on 12.10.2007, that he can sing "Led Zeppelin" like NO other, when HE puts his mind, body, and soul, into it.

There is NO substitute for the "Robert Plant" Led Zeppelin.

That, is the style of Led Zeppelin performance that I prefer.

All other "styles" are inferior to the "Led Zeppelin" style, imo.

On 12.10.2007 Robert performed in the "Led Zeppelin" style as a member of Led Zeppelin, and not as a "solo" artist "singing" Led Zeppelin.

Ibet Jimmy kicked the cat when he saw this....

hahah!, I'm sure he was happy for Plant.

It seems like all the members of LZ are currently involved in something

Plant - Solo album with Alison Kruass

Page - It Might Get Loud

JPJ - Them Crooked Fuckin Vultures :D

Jason Bonham - "Slash & Friends" album and tour

I don't remember if it was posted in another thread, so can any of you tell me who joined Robert on stage? Beside Justin Adams, of course. Thanks!

Juldeh Carama was there, Billy Fueller was on bass, don't know the others though.

• 1 month later...

I don't care what Robert does and with whom he does it...as long as he is still alive to do it (sing and perform on stage). whether he reworks his old Zep songs or never sings them again...I'm just happy he's alive and healthy enough for me to enjoy.

Archived