FICTION! Led Zeppelin's 2009-10 World Tour

SteveAJones

THIS THREAD PRESENTS A FICTIONAL ACCOUNT OF LED ZEPPELIN'S 2009-10 WORLD TOUR

The purpose of this thread is to present a 2009-10 Led Zeppelin World Tour thru the imagination of their fans.

Ideally, any posts made to it will be as authentic (believeable) as possible. In a moment, I'm going to post their

tour announcement and we'll let it roll from there. Would like to see what was said at the press conference and

of course a full list of tour dates, to be followed by concert reviews, news and so forth. The thread should unfold

over the weeks, not hours, ahead. Bear in mind JPJ is also touring with Them Crooked Vultures at the same time!

FICTION

Led Zeppelin Announce World Tour

Associated Press - Led Zeppelin announced their upcoming world tour on Friday from a massive silver airship over London. It's the band's first tour since 1980, and it'll be in support of their forthcoming, still-untitled studio album, their first since 1979's 'In Through The Out Door'.

The band has confirmed 25 dates this Autumn in the U.S., Canada, and Europe with the rest of the world to follow throughout 2009-10. As predicted, the tour begins on September 25th in Montreal.

Led Zeppelin plan to play venues of all sizes, from clubs and theaters to arenas and stadiums, but even in the largest venues, the band hopes to give fans (a few hundred of them, anyway) a sense of intimacy by reserving several rows of seats near the stage. Tickets to the earliest shows were made available to Led Zeppelin.com forum members immediately; everyone else must wait until Sept 22nd.

FICTION

Associated Press - Led Zeppelin announced their upcoming world tour on Friday from a massive silver airship over London. It's the band's first tour since 1980, and it'll be in support of their forthcoming, still-untitled studio album, their first since 1979's 'In Through The Out Door'.

The band has confirmed 25 dates this Autumn in the U.S., Canada, and Europe with the rest of the world to follow throughout 2009-10. As predicted, the tour begins on September 25th in Montreal.

Led Zeppelin plan to play venues of all sizes, from clubs and theaters to arenas and stadiums, but even in the largest venues, the band hopes to give fans (a few hundred of them, anyway) a sense of intimacy by reserving several rows of seats near the stage. Tickets to the earliest shows were made available to Led Zeppelin.com forum members immediately; everyone else must wait until Sept 22nd.

After I calmed down, I would purchase tickets for every event as many as possible (responsibilities, financial taken into account). Montreal would be a must as I would have to be at the first one!! But the more intimate would be a focus as I have always dreamed of this. And still do!!!!!

After I calmed down, I would purchase tickets for every event as many as possible (responsibilities, financial taken into account). Montreal would be a must as I would have to be at the first one!! But the more intimate would be a focus as I have always dreamed of this. And still do!!!!!

I don't know exactly what was said at the press conference but Montreal was of course to be the first date of their 1980 North American tour and Sept 25th is of course also symbolic.

I don't know exactly what was said at the press conference but Montreal was of course to be the first date of their 1980 North American tour and Sept 25th is of course also symbolic.

Great Post!! yes, this is meant to take a while, this will be fun!!

FICTION

Reggie29 of The Sydney Dirigible reports further on the Tour of the Millenium.

Not known for having support acts, Them Crooked Vultures will open for Led Zeppelin in the bigger venues.

Sources close to the band explained that it was a "no brainer "considering John Paul Jones would already be there anyway.

The internet went into meltdown when rumours, then the official announcement were made public.

Not since the much lauded reunion back in 2007 has demand and interest in tickets been so high.

Once again the promoters web site crashed for over 12 hours after some 250 million hits were recorded in the first few hours after it (the tour), was confirmed.

I was fortunate enough to secure an interview with Jimmy Page and asked him what the fans could expect?

"The usual fare and some surprises that I won't reveal just now, you'll just have to come and see the show!", Page said.

He did however hinted at what some of the songs would be played.

Asked if there would be any material never played live before. He answered, "Well obviously we'll be playing stuff off the new album and rehearsals have ben fantastic, we even pulled out In The Light, so you never know", he said with cheeky grin!

He also said that Robert was singing better than ever and that he related that to his collaboration with Alison Krauss.

I can't wait until they come flying over the rainbow to Oz.

FICTION

Reggie29 of The Sydney Dirigible reports further on the Tour of the Millenium.

Not known for having support acts, Them Crooked Vultures will open for Led Zeppelin in the bigger venues.

Sources close to the band explained that it was a "no brainer "considering John Paul Jones would already be there anyway.

The internet went into meltdown when rumours, then the official announcement were made public.

Not since the much lauded reunion back in 2007 has demand and interest in tickets been so high.

Once again the promoters web site crashed for over 12 hours after some 250 million hits were recorded in the first few hours after it (the tour), was confirmed.

I was fortunate enough to secure an interview with Jimmy Page and asked him what the fans could expect?

"The usual fare and some surprises that I won't reveal just now, you'll just have to come and see the show!", Page said.

He did however hinted at what some of the songs would be played.

Asked if there would be any material never played live before. He answered, "Well obviously we'll be playing stuff off the new album and rehearsals have ben fantastic, we even pulled out In The Light, so you never know", he said with cheeky grin!

He also said that Robert was singing better than ever and that he related that to his collaboration with Alison Krauss.

I can't wait until they come flying over the rainbow to Oz.

FICTION

I never would have guessed TCV would fill a support slot in the bigger venues! Brilliant. That puts Led Zeppelin in North America thru October, UK in Dec and Australia/New Zealand in January. Has anyone seen the confirmed list of Led Zeppelin's first 25 shows?

Led Zeppelin

Sep 25 Montreal

Them Crooked Vultures

Oct. 1: Austin, TX (Stubbs)

Oct. 2: Austin, TX (Austin City Limits)

Oct. 5: Nashville, TN (War Memorial)

Oct. 6: Columbus, OH (LC Pavilion)

Oct. 8: Detroit, MI (The Fillmore)

Oct. 9: Toronto, ON (Sound Academy)

Oct. 11: Boston, MA (House of Blues)

Oct. 12: Philadelphia, PA (Electric Factory)

Oct. 14: Washington, DC (9:30 Club)

Dec. 10: Plymouth, UK (Pavilions)

Dec. 11: Portsmouth, UK (Guildhall)

Dec. 13: Blackpool, UK (Empress Ballroom)

Dec. 14: Birmingham, UK (O2 Academy)

Dec. 15: Edinburgh, UK (O2 Academy)

Dec. 17: London, UK (HMV Hammersmith Apollo)

Jan 19, Perth, Challenge Stadium

Jan 22, Melbourne, Festival Hall

Jan 25, Brisbane, Riverstage

Jan 26, Sydney, Hordern Pavilion

Jan 30 Auckland, TSB Arena

FICTION

I never would have guessed TCV would fill a support slot in the bigger venues! Brilliant. That puts Led Zeppelin in North America thru October, UK in Dec and Australia/New Zealand in January. Has anyone seen the confirmed list of Led Zeppelin's first 25 shows?

Led Zeppelin

Sep 25 Montreal

Them Crooked Vultures

Oct. 1: Austin, TX (Stubbs)

Oct. 2: Austin, TX (Austin City Limits)

Oct. 5: Nashville, TN (War Memorial)

Oct. 6: Columbus, OH (LC Pavilion)

Oct. 8: Detroit, MI (The Fillmore)

Oct. 9: Toronto, ON (Sound Academy)

Oct. 11: Boston, MA (House of Blues)

Oct. 12: Philadelphia, PA (Electric Factory)

Oct. 14: Washington, DC (9:30 Club)

Dec. 10: Plymouth, UK (Pavilions)

Dec. 11: Portsmouth, UK (Guildhall)

Dec. 13: Blackpool, UK (Empress Ballroom)

Dec. 14: Birmingham, UK (O2 Academy)

Dec. 15: Edinburgh, UK (O2 Academy)

Dec. 17: London, UK (HMV Hammersmith Apollo)

Jan 19, Perth, Challenge Stadium

Jan 22, Melbourne, Festival Hall

Jan 25, Brisbane, Riverstage

Jan 26, Sydney, Hordern Pavilion

Jan 30 Auckland, TSB Arena

Glad you posted this, thanks as you saved a lot of reserach:-)

Glad you posted this, thanks as you saved a lot of reserach:-)

FICTION

Jimmy and JPJ must have been discussing the possibility of a Led Zeppelin tour prior to the TCV announcements.

You can see where they'll be able to plug in Zeppelin dates throughout the TCV tour. Anyway, I'm working on my

hotel and air travel arrangements for Montreal. It promises to be a Friday night to remember!

FICTION

Jimmy and JPJ must have been discussing the possibility of a Led Zeppelin tour prior to the TCV announcements.

You can see where they'll be able to plug in Zeppelin dates throughout the TCV tour. Anyway, I'm working on my

hotel and air travel arrangements for Montreal. It promises to be a Friday night to remember!

FICTION

Reuters:

Speculation is rife with rumours of "special events" being planned to take place at select locations on six continents.

Venues suggested include:

Vatican City, Rome

Mount Rushmore, USA

Stonehenge, England

Uluru, Australia

Red Square, Russia

The Great Wall, China

Machu Pichu, Peru

The Giza Pyramids, Egypt

Olympus, Greece

Kilimanjaro, Africa

Eiffel Tower, France

Mecca, Saudi Arabia

Taj Mahal, India

In further developments, New Yorkers were disappointed that no dates have been allocated for The Big Apple for Led Zeppelin or Them Crooked Vultures as yet.

FICTION

Reuters:

Speculation is rife with rumours of "special events" being planned to take place at select locations on six continents.

Venues suggested include:

Vatican City, Rome

Mount Rushmore, USA

Stonehenge, England

Uluru, Australia

Red Square, Russia

The Great Wall, China

Machu Pichu, Peru

The Giza Pyramids, Egypt

Olympus, Greece

Kilimanjaro, Africa

Eiffel Tower, France

Mecca, Saudi Arabia

Taj Mahal, India

In further developments, New Yorkers were disappointed that no dates have been allocated for The Big Apple for Led Zeppelin or Them Crooked Vultures as yet.

There is room for NY on the schedule.... your killing me:-)

FICTION

hysterical.gif

FICTION

I'm fairly certain concert promoter Michael Cohl secured the opening date(s) for Canada. I've heard Harvey Goldsmith will handle the UK leg.

THIS THREAD PRESENTS A FICTIONAL ACCOUNT OF LED ZEPPELIN'S 2009-10 WORLD TOUR

The purpose of this thread is to present a 2009-10 Led Zeppelin World Tour thru the imagination of their fans.

Ideally, any posts made to it will be as authentic (believeable) as possible. In a moment, I'm going to post their

tour announcement and we'll let it roll from there. Would like to see what was said at the press conference and

of course a full list of tour dates, to be followed by concert reviews, news and so forth. The thread should unfold

over the weeks, not hours, ahead. Bear in mind JPJ is also touring with Them Crooked Vultures at the same time!

How's it going "SteveAJones?" I hope all is well with you. Since this is a fictional account, there should be a "very special concert" for ZEPPELIN members here on the forum ONLY! After the three hour gig, members can have their pictures taken with all four members of LED ZEPPELIN as well as converse with all of them up close and personal till dawn. There will be loads of drugs everywhere for everyone including Jimmy. Lets just hope that we all survive the event. I feel confident that we all will. Ha Ha! Steve, we ought to include L.A., Seattle and Oakland on the tour list, LED ZEPPELIN has to set the record straight in Oakland once and for all. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON!

How's it going "SteveAJones?" I hope all is well with you. Since this is a fictional account, there should be a "very special concert" for ZEPPELIN members here on the forum ONLY! After the three hour gig, members can have their pictures taken with all four members of LED ZEPPELIN as well as converse with all of them up close and personal till dawn. There will be loads of drugs everywhere for everyone including Jimmy. Lets just hope that we all survive the event. I feel confident that we all will. Ha Ha! Steve, we ought to include L.A., Seattle and Oakland on the tour list, LED ZEPPELIN has to set the record straight in Oakland once and for all. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON!

FICTION

Well, the idea is with a little imagination and believeable post(s) you can make that happen next week.

I have not seen a confirmed tour list yet. I would imagine they will play the West Coast. It's interesting how they are taking a TCV approach to this tour - nothing has been made too obvious. I have heard there was a real zinger at the press conference in London today. Someone pointed out it seems JPJ is the mastermind behind this tour and the press wondered why that was. Without missing a beat, JPJ said Robert and Jimmy were "out parking the car". OMG! Everyone in the room roared with laughter, except a certain Jimmy Page and Robert Plant.

FICTION

As in 1977,Led Zeppelin will kick off the second leg of their upcoming North American tour in Birmingham, Alabama. And like 1977, the Civic Center coloseum will be a general admission show, no reserved seating. Said Plant, "The energy from the crowd in Birminham in May of '77 was incredible due in part I believe, to the absence of an assigned seating chart and lack of chairs on the arena floor. This allowed our most ardent fans the opportunity to get extremely close to the stage. Myself... the band... fed off this sardine like camaraderie a mere armslength away. It was a fitting start in resuming our tour, and we look forward to a repeat of history."

Speculation is running rampant on details of the yet unreleased album/disc. Indider reports have been non existent. Unconfirmed reports have the new release being a double album which will also be available on vinyl. The same source also claimed the album cover art will live up to and possibly exceed previous Led Zeppelin album intrigue.

FICTION

Well, the idea is with a little imagination and believeable post(s) you can make that happen next week.

I have not seen a confirmed tour list yet. I would imagine they will play the West Coast. It's interesting how they are taking a TCV approach to this tour - nothing has been made too obvious. I have heard there was a real zinger at the press conference in London today. Someone pointed out it seems JPJ is the mastermind behind this tour and the press wondered why that was. Without missing a beat, JPJ said Robert and Jimmy were "out parking the car". OMG! Everyone in the room roared with laughter, except a certain Jimmy Page and Robert Plant.

How's it going "SteveAJones?" I hope all is well with you. :hysterical: Thats a good one! Robert and Jimmy "out parking the car!" Ha Ha! :hysterical: I can just imagine them both trying to follow instructions! Go left, no, go right, no, left, no, right!! Ah f*c* it, park it here! Too bad there ain't a swimming pool around or both might do the same thing that Keith Moon (The Loon) does and drive the car in the swimming pool! This is hysterical! ROCK ON my friend!

FICTION

As in 1977,Led Zeppelin will kick off the second leg of their upcoming North American tour in Birmingham, Alabama. And like 1977, the Civic Center coloseum will be a general admission show, no reserved seating. Said Plant, "The energy from the crowd in Birminham in May of '77 was incredible due in part I believe, to the absence of an assigned seating chart and lack of chairs on the arena floor. This allowed our most ardent fans the opportunity to get extremely close to the stage. Myself... the band... fed off this sardine like camaraderie a mere armslength away. It was a fitting start in resuming our tour, and we look forward to a repeat of history."

Speculation is running rampant on details of the yet unreleased album/disc. Indider reports have been non existent. Unconfirmed reports have the new release being a double album which will also be available on vinyl. The same source also claimed the album cover art will live up to and possibly exceed previous Led Zeppelin album intrigue.

FICTION

So there will be a second leg in the states! Is there a confirmed date for this show? I imagine it could be in Nov

but more likely in Spring 2010.

FICTIONAL PRESS RELEASE: 2009/2010 Led Zeppelin World Tour

The MIGHTY ZEPPELIN has announced a 2009/2010 World Tour with 25 confirmed dates with Us,Canada and Europe in the Autumn.With other countries to follow the autumn tour.

In Typical Led Zeppelin fashion, the announcemant was made from a massave silver starship over London. The band that has not toured since the 1980 tragic death of beloved Drummer John Bonhan. Johns son Jason Bonham will be joining Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones on what promises to be the most anticipated World Tour from any band in three decades.

As all members have had their own projects on going, the World Tour schedule had to be arranged around committed dates.

All accesible means to purchase tickets through websites crashed as hundred of millions of The Mighty Zeppelins Ocean of fans tried to purchase tickets. Members of the Led Zeppelin Forum have no worries as this group of loyal fans have fairly been treated to the first opportunity to purchase tickets to the early shows. The more intimate venues will be the most treasured of these.

PRESS:We sat down with the four to discuss the upcoming event.

PRESS: What made you decide to do a world tour after so many decades?

JIMMY: We all decided it was the right time. The fans have been loyal as well as a lot of younger fans. We want to share this, after all it has always been about the music.

PRESS: Robert, for a long time you have stayed away from doing this. What changed your mind?

ROBERT: Like Jimmy said, we just thought it was the right time. With all of out side projects, this project is about getting back together to create that vibe in the music again, as we can only do that together.

PRESS:JPJ, we understand your new project Them Crooked Vultures will be joing this tour on both the larger scale and a few more intimate shows.You had been discussing with each other in advance so concert dates could be coordinated?

JPJ:It only made sense to do this and make the schedule work.

PRESS: So you gentlemen are still supporting each other. Vey rare to see in the business today.

JIMMY: We were always about the creation of music and we have always supported each other.

PRESS: Your new release, what can we expect?

JIMMY:You'll have to wait and have a listen when it comes out.

PRESS: Still have that mystique about you!

(they all look at each other and laughter breaks out)

PRESS: Jason, the fans except you and only you to replace your father and still call this LED ZEPPELIN. How does this make you feel?

JASON: I am honored by the overwelming support I receive on this.

PRESS: Thank you gentlemen. as you can see, the group is ready for the magic to hit the stage live again. The music industry has stated they have never seen anything like this as far as demand!

PRESS: I also had the opportunity to speak to Sam , known as Sam The Webmaster of the Led Zeppelin Forum.

PRESS:Sam, with tickets being first opportunuty to the fans of the Forum, how has this effected the fans on the Forum who obviously have remained the most loyal to the music?

SAM: It's unlike anything I have seen. We are being bombarded by people wanting to join the Forum, which is good news, but only those members who were on the Forum as of the announcement day will get first choice of the tickets, fairly so. I do expect membership to increase and we always welcome new members.

PRESS: We tried to contact several members of the Led Zeppelin Forum, but most were packing for the Montreal event and busy scheduling to attend as many dates as they can attend.

PRESS RELEASE DATES OF LED ZEPPELIN 2009/2010 WORLD TOUR

9/25/09 Montreal

9/26/09 New York

9/27/09 New York

9/29/09 Atlanta

10/1/09 Austin

10/3/09 Dallas

10/5/09 Nashville

10/6/09 Columbus

10/8/09 Detroit

10/9/09 Toronto

10/11/09 Boston

10/12/09 Philidelphia

10/17/09 Birmingham UK

10/18/09 London UK

10/20/09 France Eiffell Tower

11/1/09 The Giza pyramids, Egypt

11/3/09 Mecca, Saudi Arabia

11/6/09 Rome

11/10/09 Greece

11/15/09 Melbourne

11/17/09 Sydney

11/30/09 China

12/02/09 Russia

12/6/09 San Francisco

12/7/09 New Orleans

12/10/09 The 02

IF ONLY!!!!!11

FICTIONAL PRESS RELEASE: 2009/2010 Led Zeppelin World Tour

FICTION

I'm liking it. I think those dates need to be reconfirmed because some of them conflict with TCV gigs. JPJ can't do a full TCV gig and a full Zep gig the same night. Perhaps the dates will be announced one by one? Are you going to the Montreal show on Friday?

FICTION

I'm liking it. I think those dates need to be reconfirmed because some of them conflict with TCV gigs. JPJ can't do a full TCV gig and a full Zep gig the same night. Perhaps the dates will be announced one by one? Are you going to the Montreal show on Friday?

I knew I would get one with a question. Packing my bags right now!!!!!! :-)

I knew I would get one with a question. Packing my bags right now!!!!!! :-)

FICTION

Here's my hotel:

http://www.ritzmontreal.com/

Here's a a link to the venue, the Bell Centre:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Centre

When I made my hotel reservation I asked if a "James MacGregor" was booked for the night of the concert and was told yes. Leaving nothing to chance, I asked if an "I.M. Manic" was also booked and was told yes. So it

seems this is also the band's hotel.

FICTION

So there will be a second leg in the states! Is there a confirmed date for this show? I imagine it could be in Nov

but more likely in Spring 2010.

Many dates are pending in the "Three Legged" North American tour. Quipped Page, "Our plan is to head to the U.S. and play a gymnasium or two. If the interest is there, we may add some more dates."

FICTION

Here's my hotel:

http://www.ritzmontreal.com/

Here's a a link to the venue, the Bell Centre:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Centre

When I made my hotel reservation I asked if a "James MacGregor" was booked for the night of the concert and was told yes. Leaving nothing to chance, I asked if an "I.M. Manic" was also booked and was told yes. So it

seems this is also the band's hotel.

Great hotel, stayed there a time or two myself:-)

FICTION

Ok- The Oct 1,9, 12,14 and the Dec 10 dates I tried to put with TCV. JPJ could do both! :-)

Archived