Led Zeppelin will not tour in 2008

ludwigking

WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE O2 SHOW MONDAY FOLKS!!!! This news is not the truth until you hear the official news from the band themselves after the O2. Just wait next week, and maybe they'll decide themselves! I will not believe this until I hear any official news of a tour after the O2. Use common sense.

I know Robert can't he already booked dates with Alison Krause. I happen to be friends with Jason.

No Dates as of yet, but doubtless there will be a world tour because the album is so damn good. I think Page wants to make another Zeppelin album, so a tour for that wouldn't happen till 2009. Alison Krauss has her own band Union Station and will want to get back to it eventually. I've got my fingers crossed for another 1 off charity gig stateside.

No Dates as of yet, but doubtless there will be a world tour because the album is so damn good. I think Page wants to make another Zeppelin album, so a tour for that wouldn't happen till 2009. Alison Krauss has her own band Union Station and will want to get back to it eventually. I've got my fingers crossed for another 1 off charity gig stateside.

Yep, there will be an Allison/Robert tour. Dates are probably being locked down as we speak. "2008 tour to be announced, check back soon" is printed on the bottom right of the screen.

For those who think Robert will choose some Zep reunion shows over this may want to consider that having worked on a studio project over the course of months and months...with many people involved besides just Allison and himself, and months worth of relentless worldwide promotion just to throw all that in the trash and burn bridges....and that's the "logical" thing to do?? It's not. Zep does'nt need momentum to sell out anyplace. They can pop up anytime, anywhere and sell tickets. Page and JPJ can wait...(it all might seem like Zep is in a rebirth phase and they are hearing themselves at rehearsals like it's all fresh.....maybe for some, for others it might just be, "oh fuck, these songs again??) Raising Sand is something Robert is really proud of and he's put a hell of alot into it. Zep was 27 yrs ago. This is now. Let's let Robert do his thing!!! :thumbsup:

...may want to consider that having worked on a studio project over the course of months and months...with many people involved besides just Allison and himself, and months worth of relentless worldwide promotion...
I read it took just 10 days to record. The only promotion I've seen has been a five minute infommercial on MySpace. The magazine interviews he's done have been for the 02 show. So I think he may still be willing to put Alison on hold for Zeppelin.

Page and JPJ can wait...

Sorry but that's bullshit... When you are in your 60's and are lucky to have survived your 30's, time isn't on your side. They haven't been this close in twenty years, it's now or never. The day one of these guys doesn't wake up in the morning is too late to wish they had done more.

Alison has a career that doesn't include Robert and Raising Sand. Let her wait...

I read it took just 10 days to record. The only promotion I've seen has been a five minute infommercial on MySpace. The magazine interviews he's done have been for the 02 show. So I think he may still be willing to put Alison on hold for Zeppelin.

You should get out more......maybe ten days worth of sessions, a hell of a lot more in pre production, and even more in artistic/logistic/legal decisions And they certainly have been all over the country pushing the album. Ever since the 02 lottery announcment, there have been so many interviews w/ just Page and Jones.....and "Robert was in the States promoting Raising Sand." was mentioned. He and Allison have done live in studio radio promos all over the place, they just shot a session of Crossroads for CMT (or whatever that main country cable network is) ...yet to be aired . Also did a live in studio in the Sirius Satellite studios in NYC. He's been all over the place. Your not gonna hear too much news about it on rock stations.

Sorry but that's bullshit... When you are in your 60's and are lucky to have survived your 30's, time isn't on your side. They haven't been this close in twenty years, it's now or never. The day one of these guys doesn't wake up in the morning is too late to wish they had done more.

Alison has a career that doesn't include Robert and Raising Sand. Let her wait...

It may be bullshit to you, not to Robert. Zeppelin was his career 27-37 yrs ago. Today is today.

It may be bullshit to you, not to Robert. Zeppelin was his career 27-37 yrs ago. Today is today.

Like I said, if one of them fails to wake up in the morning the other two will kick themselves for not doing this now. A 2008 Raising Sand Tour would be forgotten about in a year, a 2008 Zeppelin tour would be legendary.

Alison Krauss can wait...

Let's get ahold here. Plant/Krauss will be touring Europe and the states in early 2008. There's also a Strange Sensation album and tour in the works. That said, 12 months is a long time. There's no reason to think select dates couldn't be fit in. Provided of course that the band wants to do it. Regardless, there's no real reason to say "Alison can wait". Those wheels are already in motion and it's naive to think they'd cancel the whole thing. It's not about Zeppelin being a much bigger deal. If Zep decides to go for it, it will take time and logistical planning. 2008 is the 40th anniversary of the band. Surely they could sandwich a summer tour between the spring Raising Sand tour and the fall Strange Sensation project. Assuming they want to of course. We need to wait a few more days for the reaction to O2 to come in. Particularly Plant and Jones. We all know Jimmy's hard-on for Zep has never softened.

You should get out more......maybe ten days worth of sessions, a hell of a lot more in pre production, and even more in artistic/logistic/legal decisions.
Ten days worth of sessions, but he's not involved in pre-production or logistic/legal decisions. What radio station have they been on? Where should I be getting out to to be more well-informed? Would my local washeteria be a start?

I know I just got here..... But as far as I see we all have no choice but to wait. We Can Speculate all we want But they(Zep) Want us to do just that, wonder........ "that cosmic energy....they all go Yay......BASH" IF Zeppelin is going to tour they are going to do so quickly following 02 or I should say hammer out the logistics, As far as Raising Sand tour, IMHO I see a few select Showings of that as opposed to Zeppelin doing a few select shows, only because much like Roberts Fate of nations tour that is what He got intimate settings like universities in Pittsburgh, ect.... I do not see a lenghty tour for that. maybe 10 select cities, something along those lines.

as far as Zep touring, I just do not see them doing this to their fans again, after sooooooo many false starts and crossed fingers, for them to come announce a 1 off and that be it would be wrong to us the Fans. I do Not see any of them being unaware of effect their reunion is having on us THEIR fans, and the need to get it going now while they can. Pages injury drove that point home for us and them I would think. They Owe it us the ones not among the elite lucky few that are going to be there in london, and to themselves to make it happen or at least I like to think they care that much about Zeppelin. Led Zeppelin will hit the US one way or another, be it a one off show like london or something else, hows a 40th anniversary show at the Garden sound? They are having fun together for the first time in years, not only is time ticking for us to get to see them, but it is ticking for them too, not only to play again together, but to come full circle with it all, They and us were cheated out of Zeppelin, they have a chance to change the ending. That is why I think they WILL do something stateside, and nothing will stop that Maybe She can do The Battle of Evermore with Zeppelin. As far as Plant putting so much work into Sands, all that production time, studio time, personal appearances.... what like a year of work or whatnot, Zeppelin IS his Lifelong endevor, its Pages, Jones' and Jasons. It is Legacy. And that will outweigh any other "personal" project(s)

I'm compelled to weigh in deeper here. If I were a painter, and you loved something I painted and paid good money to hang it on your wall and enjoy it, must I paint you another? Must Jesus be nailed to a cross again because you put money in the offering plate? If I pull you from a burning building and you find yourself in another fire, am I obliged to be there for you? If I sell you something on eBay, and you like it, am I obligated to offer you another?

They gave us this music and we bought it. They gave us all this and we made them wealthy for it. And they "owe" us??? WTF? If anything, we owe them the right to do as they please, whether that be retirement, a tour, an album, or nothing at all. How self-serving to make such a demand. I find it offensive and totally disrespectful.

Yep, there will be an Allison/Robert tour. Dates are probably being locked down as we speak. "2008 tour to be announced, check back soon" is printed on the bottom right of the screen.

For those who think Robert will choose some Zep reunion shows over this may want to consider that having worked on a studio project over the course of months and months...with many people involved besides just Allison and himself, and months worth of relentless worldwide promotion just to throw all that in the trash and burn bridges....and that's the "logical" thing to do?? It's not. Zep does'nt need momentum to sell out anyplace. They can pop up anytime, anywhere and sell tickets. Page and JPJ can wait...(it all might seem like Zep is in a rebirth phase and they are hearing themselves at rehearsals like it's all fresh.....maybe for some, for others it might just be, "oh fuck, these songs again??) Raising Sand is something Robert is really proud of and he's put a hell of alot into it. Zep was 27 yrs ago. This is now. Let's let Robert do his thing!!! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I agree. And Robert needs to get the already planned tour done.

That would be a Heavy load doing two tours. Robert does need to rest his voice Sometimes.

And he's really digging this tour with Alison, he can't wait to take the BUS!!! :D

Once that is out of his system, he might be more willing.

Jimmy alluded to new material he has Now, he could work on that while Robert gets his tour done.

Poor Robert..:wub: everybody wants him!

Archived