"It Might Get Loud Review" Tucson Weekly/MyGuitarSpace

dyin...cough

• 4 weeks later...

I read alot reviews on this film -mostly positive but found this recent review by andy frisk a great read

Great art is what It Might Get Loud is. Great art is what great guitar playing is. Even though, like the art forms of “the great masters,” guitar playing as an art form fractures and divides into genres, it is in essence an art form that swells from the same well spring of creative love for the sound, look, feel, and ability of the electric guitar to create soundscapes that are truly magical despite the genre. Their ability to transport us from our mundane daily grinds, down trodden emotional states, or apathetic outlooks to places of wonder our psyches have only dreamt of is truly a gift of the gods. Edge, Page, and White, through the example of their love of the guitar, show us a world that is only a listen, moment, and feeling away, no matter what style of music is your muse.

IMGL Review

Those three are Jack White of the White Stripes and the Raconteurs; The Edge of U2; and Jimmy Page of Carter-Lewis and the Southerners, Mickey Finn and the Blue Men, The Honeydrippers, and probably a couple of other bands.

Did anybody else think that this was weird?

There were a few other comments in that article that leads one to believe that the author has no clue as to whom he is talking about!

Those three are Jack White of the White Stripes and the Raconteurs; The Edge of U2; and Jimmy Page of Carter-Lewis and the Southerners, Mickey Finn and the Blue Men, The Honeydrippers, and probably a couple of other bands.

Did anybody else think that this was weird?

There were a few other comments in that article that leads one to believe that the author has no clue as to whom he is talking about!

He was probably just trying to be clever, but Page did play in all of the groups he mentioned.

As for his review of the film, I thought he was right on the money.

That review sums up pretty much exactly how I felt about it when I saw it a few weeks ago. Save for the fact that I wasn't seeing it for the White Stripes' Jack White; I was mainly seeing it for Page, though I love Jack White too and am a fan of the White Stripes. Fuck U2 though. Seriously. They suck (save for Sunday Bloody Sunday and a handful of 80's songs). I sorta rolled my eyes and checked my watch whenever a scene with The Edge came on. My respect and love for Page went up considerably after seeing that movie even though I'm already a huge fan. That scene with him doing air guitar to Link Wray's rumble was perfect.

Archived