A Zep guitar hero

teddie

Do you think that the band will ever release a game for the fans? Why haven't they done this already?

At some point it might end up happening. I was surprised that the Beatles did it, and you never know with Zeppelin. I just hope that if they do make it, it would be different then all the other rockbands and guitar heroes out there, maybe making it more mature, (What I mean by, "mature" is not grown up and wholesome, but rather mature rated so they could add some outrageous stuff. Here are some ideas to keep it fresh:

* It would be funny if they added a mode to the game where you could be Phil Collins on Drum's and no matter what song and how good you do, it would still be lame. (I can see a cartoon Jimmy Page in the background just shaking his head.) <----alright maybe not such a good idea..

* Maybe a bonus drinking game against Bonham.

* When playing on stage you get to look for bootleggers in the audience and beat them to a pulp. (you would get points taken away if it was a dude just testing the sound levels.)

* Of course, The Song Remains the same dream sequence mini games.

My favorite idea would be for Gallows Pole:

In the game there is a guy, (the player), on the gallows. Every time you mess up he is closer to being hung. If you loose the guy is hung. If you get though the song then it looks like you saved him, but then he gets shot or some different, (think Kenny of South Park), death every time.

Videos games based on rock bands can be a very dangerous thing and they would have to do it right. Just my thoughts.

Do you think that the band will ever release a game for the fans? Why haven't they done this already?

Jimmy has received formal proposals concerning this at least twice in the past year and, after due consideration, flatly refused. Initially, his stated concern was with regard to the care and handling of the mastertapes, but in more recent days spoke generally against the idea of dumbing down his craft, his musicianship for the sake of a game.

As Steve said, Jimmy won't allow Zep's music to be made into a videogame. A guitar hero Led Zeppelin would take away from the depth of their songs. It's probably safe to say that most people who play that sort of game are concered mainly with the speed of the riffs and solos, and not with the soul of the guitar playing. Jimmy has also said that he opposes games like guitar hero because he wants more kids to learn to play real instruments.

I totally agree, it would be sad to see some of the most brilliant and epic songs ever written transformed into a game based on one string and five rainbow frets.

At some point it might end up happening. I was surprised that the Beatles did it, and you never know with Zeppelin. I just hope that if they do make it, it would be different then all the other rockbands and guitar heroes out there, maybe making it more mature, (What I mean by, "mature" is not grown up and wholesome, but rather mature rated so they could add some outrageous stuff. Here are some ideas to keep it fresh:

* It would be funny if they added a mode to the game where you could be Phil Collins on Drum's and no matter what song and how good you do, it would still be lame. (I can see a cartoon Jimmy Page in the background just shaking his head.) <----alright maybe not such a good idea..

* Maybe a bonus drinking game against Bonham.

* When playing on stage you get to look for bootleggers in the audience and beat them to a pulp. (you would get points taken away if it was a dude just testing the sound levels.)

* Of course, The Song Remains the same dream sequence mini games.

My favorite idea would be for Gallows Pole:

In the game there is a guy, (the player), on the gallows. Every time you mess up he is closer to being hung. If you loose the guy is hung. If you get though the song then it looks like you saved him, but then he gets shot or some different, (think Kenny of South Park), death every time.

Videos games based on rock bands can be a very dangerous thing and they would have to do it right. Just my thoughts.

That sounds awesome!

I've stopped playing video games recently though. I just can't do it anymore.

Now all I do is work and play my guitar.

I might come out of video game retirement if they make a Zeppelin game.

Everyone needs to stop equating it with Real Guitar. It's not the same and no one pretends that it is. For some reason, many people who can play real guitar think that the people playing guitar video games think they are playing real guitar, when in fact they are not and they know it. So why bother telling them "that's not real" if the video game players already know it's not real? Find me a person who thinks it's real and is not mentally challenged.

So if we all agree that it's not real--that it's just a game, and games are methods of enjoying life, why not put some Zeppelin in there?

Is playing guitar the only way we are allowed to enjoy life?

Do we only want guitar players who have never played Guitar Video Games?

That's just as unrealistic as someone who thinks they are accomplishing anything by playing a video game.

Put 'em in.

I actually think that the guitar hero games would encourage more young people to go out and start learning guitar. They get a little taste with the game and then they want to take it further.

Just my 2c.

That's what I said!

People need to give it a rest on GH . They act like Zeppelin depends on this damn game . It's only been around since 2006 . And all it is a trend setting video game . If a band is on it they are popular with 14 year olds . And they post on every youtube video how this song is from ! Guitar Hero , i can play it on expert etc . It's stupid and annoying . Thank Jimmy for not giving in to this thing .

Gamers and casual consumers are getting tired of music games. Disc sales are down drastically. The genre probably reached its zenith with The Beatles Rock Band. A Zeppelin game would probably not even sell too well despite the enormity of the name thanks to the economy and declining interest in these games.

Gamers and casual consumers are getting tired of music games. Disc sales are down drastically. The genre probably reached its zenith with The Beatles Rock Band. A Zeppelin game would probably not even sell too well despite the enormity of the name thanks to the economy and declining interest in these games.

Rock Band has gotten more attention because it's had better music and you could play the drums and sing also. But the games have gone down hill since their early releases.

Rock Band has gotten more attention because it's had better music and you could play the drums and sing also. But the games have gone down hill since their early releases.

Yeah there has been a decline, hasn't there?

I'm not sure it's going to disappear though.

I know I don't play them any more because I'm sick of the same old shit. They barely tweak the game and expect me to buy more and more and more and more?

I guess they'll keep doing that as long as people are buying it.

But I would buy a Led Zeppelin game.

It sounds like you guys are losing interest in "the cause" as well, eh?

Yeah there has been a decline, hasn't there?

I'm not sure it's going to disappear though.

I know I don't play them any more because I'm sick of the same old shit. They barely tweak the game and expect me to buy more and more and more and more?

I guess they'll keep doing that as long as people are buying it.

But I would buy a Led Zeppelin game.

It sounds like you guys are losing interest in "the cause" as well, eh?

Jimmy made the music. He has every right to decide how it gets used, no matter how nonsensical his reasoning is.

I personally enjoy the games, not to the extent that I take them seriously, but to play each note on the good songs is a fun feeling. Especially when you don't play for the speed or intensity, although I do play on Expert, lol.

I would love to play Zep songs on GH or RB, I think it would be an enriching experience, I also understand the catastrophic consequences of Jimmy releasing his fragile master tapes to disconcerning corporate types.

Jimmy has received formal proposals concerning this at least twice in the past year and, after due consideration, flatly refused. Initially, his stated concern was with regard to the care and handling of the mastertapes, but in more recent days spoke generally against the idea of dumbing down his craft, his musicianship for the sake of a game.

Never stopped him from working with David Coverdale, did it? B)

I think it would be cool if JP made his own damn game perhaps one that actually uses a real guitar, and as you level up it teaches you how to play. Maybe a sort of RPG where you start out learning chords and rhythm and as your skill increases you move on to scales and solos ect ect... might be a fun way to learn and have JP keep control of his masters.

Archived