I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see Fences yesterday.  It is a terrific film based on the August Wilson play of the same title.  The acting was excellent across the board, but Denzel Washington is amazing in the lead role.  IMO, he does his best acting when he portrays "not so nice" characters. 

Rogue One.

I thought it was freakin BRILLIANT. Tied in Ep. 3 to Ep. 4 PERFECTLY. And the characters that were "revived" to make it gel, wow. Just a GREAT Star Wars Universe movie. Probably the best one of the lot.

I'll go again it was that good. And I only commit to cinema's about 3 times a year, so that's saying something!

Bring on Alien Covenant now... :)

Edited by rm2551

On 1/3/2017 at 5:34 PM, Disco Duck said:

I went to see Fences yesterday.  It is a terrific film based on the August Wilson play of the same title.  The acting was excellent across the board, but Denzel Washington is amazing in the lead role.  IMO, he does his best acting when he portrays "not so nice" characters. 

Yes!
My wife and I went Sunday, and it was so powerful.
Denzell can usually be counted on to deliver.

Awesome movie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

churchill_ver3_xlg.thumb.jpg.b0d5138752d444627000320752cd10b3.jpg

Utter crap. Worst movie I have seen so far this year...or any year. Completely misrepresents Churchill's doubts about an Allied invasion of France in 1942 and 1943 and transposes them to the eve of D-Day in 1944. Which is bullshit and renders Churchill a doddering old fool. No attempt made for context or historical accuracy.

If I were Churchill's relatives or England, I would sue the filmmakers for defamation of character. Do not see this pathetic movie...it doesn't deserve to make one cent, one farthing, one franc.

Well, I've just recently been getting into the Hammer Studios horror cycle--so far, I haven't been disappointed by most of what I've seen. Cushing and Lee are legends in the same vein as Lugosi, Karloff and Chaney Jr. Just got this in the mail today--great viewing so far...

51BKQBC1P2L.jpg

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, I've just recently been getting into the Hammer Studios horror cycle--so far, I haven't been disappointed by most of what I've seen. Cushing and Lee are legends in the same vein as Lugosi, Karloff and Chaney Jr. Just got this in the mail today--great viewing so far...

Not to mention getting to watch Hammer Horror Hotties like Madeline Smith.

beed60d27786f0ac607332b03933a264.thumb.jpg.ede3a706ff82cd2a2b650b34d33dc8fd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2017 at 6:27 PM, paul carruthers said:

51BKQBC1P2L.jpg

Agreed.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...