I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

8624294949.jpg

Watched this documentary last night that's included as a DVD in the West Coast Seattle Boy collection. Being born in 1962, I was aware of lots of music when I was kid, including Hendrix but it wasn't until much later in life that I came to fully appreciate him. Hearing Bootsy Collins recite Hendrix' own recollections throughout this movie helps to bring him to life in a way that lifts him up out of the pages of rock n' roll history books and makes him more than a static image. All of the interviews and concert footage also does a lot to make you think of Hendrix in the here and now rather than as another rock n' roll casualty.

Saw Source Code on PPV this afternoon.

Really cool movie.

The exact kind of head-trip stuff I enjoy.

A little Sci-Fi, and a little romance for the ladies.

Bears a very slight resemblance to Deja Vu with Denzell Washington.

But only slight.

source-code-poster.jpg

8624294949.jpg

Watched this documentary last night that's included as a DVD in the West Coast Seattle Boy collection. Being born in 1962, I was aware of lots of music when I was kid, including Hendrix but it wasn't until much later in life that I came to fully appreciate him. Hearing Bootsy Collins recite Hendrix' own recollections throughout this movie helps to bring him to life in a way that lifts him up out of the pages of rock n' roll history books and makes him more than a static image. All of the interviews and concert footage also does a lot to make you think of Hendrix in the here and now rather than as another rock n' roll casualty.

I've probably said this before but I saw Jimi 5 times (once with Band Of Gypsys) in San Francisco and twice in one day. He had just come up from Monterey Pop and played for free in the Panhandle and then I saw him at the Fillmore that night. Those were the days. :)

Recently caught a bit of 'Ed Gein: The Musical'

Strangely odd, but interesting. Have to get it on DVD to see the rest of it.

http://www.jsonline....t/92117134.html

Whoa, thanks for that little slice of film hell. It's like a train wreck I couldn't stop watching it. David Lynch like. I have a fascination with serial killers in general. Not because I'm psuchopathic or anything, but interested in the personality of these individuals. I'm a psychologist and work with clients with deviant behavior so I'm ever so interested in what makes these guys tick. Ed Gein of course was schizophrenic which explains his behavior to a degree. There is a more serious film and a documentary on Ed if folks are interested. Given he's the inspiration behind Hitchcock's Psycho and Silence of the Lambs.

Edited by ZoSo1960

518efKfpDWL._SX500_.jpg

Funny but nearly as funny as it was made out to be.

41h2rFsQPLL._SX500_.jpg

While Fargo, O Brother, Where Art Thou? and No Country For Old Men are some of my favorites, there's a few Coen brothers that only serve to confuse me. This was one of them. I actually had to do some reading up on it afterwards to help me understand what I'd just seen.